What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
I just got back from a trip to the house... 2 trips actually... I got the racks up there, and 2 330 gallon water totes... but it wasn't easy, let me tell ya...

On my way to pick up the totes, I hit a puddle (some of the roads are flooded with rain) it was a big puddle, and my tail pipe falls off behind the catalytic converter... So I strapped it up, I was in front of the place with my tanks, so I got them loaded up on the truck, and then found a muffler shop. I got my exhaust put back together, and made my way north... when I drive into this crazy blizzard! So I decide I should pull off and sleep a while cause I was running on 5 hs... and I got about 30mins of sleep before I woke back up, put the truck in 4x4, and got going again @35mph when i would normally be going double that... I'm talking white-out blizzard conditions. Crazy. Nobody saw me bringing in the tanks though.

Also I feel pretty good... b/c I thought I was going to have to demolish a good portion of the house... but after ripping down the drop ceiling, and poking some holes in the other ceiling and poking my head around... I can see that the roof is good! I just need to jack the house up in the middle and replace a support beam that some jackass cut out. That's easy. :laughing: It's just the whole interior that needs to be gutted and replaced...Buy a shit house in a nice neighborhood. My neighborhood has signs that tell you to watch for tractors for the next 6 miles. Sounds pretty safe... lol...

So, on with the pictures!

Who needs a sliding glass door in a grow house? Not this guy. It was broken anyway. Those things are a PITA to fix, and it's best to just replace the whole thing anyway. Outside you see the 330g tote getting filled up to be flushed out. I cleaned them with dish detergent. Ya know, Palmolive... I had to climb on top, and stir the water with a long PVC pipe. lol
picture.php

I couldn't leave them in the garage... the water on the garage floor was already freezing. I'm not paying to heat my nutrients, so in the house they go! More room to grow in the garage later. Epic needs a lot of water.
picture.php

I started demolishing things, and thought about pictures... so here's a partially demolished closet...
picture.php

and here's the whole room gutted. I'm going to make 2 8x8 rooms there, and then 2 more on the back of the house.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
My girl n' I thank you for the totes. I got frisky...she got lucky. Epic looks like its gonna be an understatement ma man.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Thats awesome bobble, good to hear you made it safe. At least the blizzard gave you some cover getting those beasts of tanks into the house! keep it green brother.

aod

AOD2012

Veteran
Bobble, do those tanks have like a specific name or something? Trying to source some out in my area.

aod

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to hear of ya trouble mate...but it seems you bounce back easy.....well easy.....(cough) its like you said....doing things good is no picknick....
and only what you put in comes out ....Nhow got it tagged ....and will wave some good vibes your way....:wave:

bobblehead

Veteran
I hope you are not one of the people who lost power.

Nope, the only reason I lost power was putting too many things on one circuit... I lost 1/2 a week of vegging b/c of it... That's all fixed now. Good point though, I'm going to have to buy a generator for this place before the spring.

Bobble, do those tanks have like a specific name or something? Trying to source some out in my area.

aod

330 gallon tote, there's also a 275g. 60g can last 1-2 days once I'm up and running, so I wanted the max. Overkill is underrated... Look on craigslist.

I've been having some nutrient issues... When you follow the Lucas Formula, you can't just drop micro after week 4 or 5, it has to be dwindled down ime... The super large res will start diluting out the micro and cal/mag after 5 weeks, but I should still have traces for a good 2-3 weeks. I'll only add back bloom after 5 weeks, to keep the EC at 1.2... I'll probably stop adding back bloom at week 8, so then that will get diluted down to nothing... Of course this is all speculation and I'll have to monitor things with my meter.

sorry to hear of ya trouble mate...but it seems you bounce back easy.....well easy.....(cough) its like you said....doing things good is no picknick....
and only what you put in comes out ....Nhow got it tagged ....and will wave some good vibes your way....:wave:

lol... easy... You don't even know. Today I feel like I got hit by a truck. I have so many little cuts I didn't even know I had yesterday... It's worth it though.

I used to be limited to the dimensions of my extra space. You want to keep damage to a minimum in a rental, ya know? ha ha... Only a few holes in the wall. That completely changed for me... Oh, that door is in the way? Take it out. Oh, the room isn't the right size? knock down a wall.

I gotta show choc that I'm not all talk... :smokey:

AOD2012

Veteran
YEAAA BOYYYYY!!!! OH man bobble I honestly am getting giddy watching this! I know you are seriously going to rock this. You have a set plan, execution is on point, and once everything is built, and get your nutes down pat, all your gonna have to do is sit back and wait. Once again, I would like to thank you for giving me the inspiration to get over to vert.; and also doing it much more efficiently. Got rid of my sealed room, and thanks to DHFs advice, added a powered intake with cold outside air. Now, I was able to add an extra light, and my AC barely ever turns on, and neither does the dehumidifier anymore. I am actually using less electricty with 1800watts in flower, then I was with 1200 watts and a sealed room with c02.

aod

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL ....not all talk he says .....pix say enough for me ;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobblehead again.

bobblehead

Veteran
DHF- I have a question for you bro...

So my ceilings are 7.5', and I know you said that you're rooms were 8' high. The first lamp was at 2' from the ceiling? Anyway, I remember you telling me about the extra space on the ceiling to hold the heat before extraction... Anyway, I've come to realize that if I leave this space, I won't have temperature issues even in the summer. Currently I have 7.5' ceilings and I have levels on the racks all the way up to 6'. I think that they should stop at 5'.

What I'm getting at... is w/o that extra 6", I think I might be better running 4 1200w rooms. I'm 6" short, and instead of trying to squeeze more light in, I would probably be better off using 6" of extra breathing room.

Now with that in mind... I could cut my racks in half, so that they come up to 3' H. The base of the top lamp would be hanging at 5'. 2.5' of breathing room above it. angled corners on the ceiling. 4 4-6lb rooms... monocropped.

Or do you think I should squeeze more light in there and cut the racks down to 5'?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Epic needs a lot of water.

Hehe, I like that :)

This thread is gearing up to be classic!

I'm still living in only a few holes in the wall world :D Lol.... Must be hella good to know you ain't got inspections to worry bout alongside doors and walls.

Your totes are mega bro!! I can't wait to see everything all set up and running, b just in time for the festivities aye bobble?!

bobblehead

Veteran
Hehe, I like that :)

This thread is gearing up to be classic!

I'm still living in only a few holes in the wall world :D Lol.... Must be hella good to know you ain't got inspections to worry bout alongside doors and walls.

Your totes are mega bro!! I can't wait to see everything all set up and running, b just in time for the festivities aye bobble?!

The pondliners are on the way... I'll have 2 rooms bumpin next week. I also have an inline pressure booster for the RO filter, cause the house pressure isn't cutting it.

Let me tell you about inspections bro... cause I've had my fair share, and I'm glad that I don't have to worry anymore... but I've hid clones in the ceiling, only to have a ceiling tile fall when the firemen were in the room inspecting... Luckily they didn't see anything and I got the tile back up. I've had a building inspector come to another location, who ordered more fire alarms and a garbage disposal installed... and the visits and follow-up inspections that came with. I have invited the police into the apartment where I was growing. I'm fucking crazy. I'm good at maintaining my composure under pressure... but when I loose it... oh boy, watch out... lol...

This line of business isn't for the faint of heart... Doors being kicked in and run-ins with the law are part of doing business in the marijuana industry. I've found that even when I'm keeping my game tight, the other people I deal with can open me up to exposure... and selecting the right people to work with... That's not easy either.

gonna be one for the ages. sweet to see it from the beginning.

welcome aboard.

D

DHF

LMFAO.....My boy`s a fuckin machine......Dedicated and medicated.....Respect my buddy.....and....

Yeah .....Fuckabuncha rentals fer growin.....Even when I first started I KNEW I`d pay for the house after the first lease purchase contract I ever signed so.......I tore shit out left and right for the greater good ya heard ?.....

That`s how determined and under the gun I was to produce continuously for the portfolio and retirement benefits package only I could provide for myself bein a pore `ol dumbass country boy and I SO see that attitude in you Bro cuz you`re way more educated with more potential.....makes me proud .....but....

I see a lot more diversification and growth opportunities for you in a "med" market than I ever had illegally in Hell and I did well with lot lower prices than ya`ll get up and out yonder even on wholesale levels so......Git in where yas fit in......

Nutrient issues and room re-design ?...I can put it here or.... Hit me in pm so as ta not clog shit up with my wordy ass explanations cuz I tend to get very specific with what ta do and howta do it so......either or.....I`m BORED.....

Hangin at da farm fer a bit.....GF`s fell in luv with pigs , chickens and cows....oh....and all the other bulldawgs.....go figure...BettyfuckinCrocker....I could hurl but I guess worse things could happen......

Dropped a couple calves the other day and now she`s playin surrogate mom to ALL the varmints round here but......She don`t wanna see how I get my beef fer tha freezer......

Shit...Did I say I was bored and miss warm tropical weather ?.....Brrrrrr....

Holler ....Freds....:ying:......

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
LMFAO.....My boy`s a fuckin machine......Dedicated and medicated.....Respect my buddy.....and....

Yeah .....Fuckabuncha rentals fer growin.....Even when I first started I KNEW I`d pay for the house after the first lease purchase contract I ever signed so.......I tore shit out left and right for the greater good ya heard ?.....

That`s how determined and under the gun I was to produce continuously for the portfolio and retirement benefits package only I could provide for myself bein a pore `ol dumbass country boy and I SO see that attitude in you Bro cuz you`re way more educated with more potential.....makes me proud .....but....

I see a lot more diversification and growth opportunities for you in a "med" market than I ever had illegally in Hell and I did well with lot lower prices than ya`ll get up and out yonder even on wholesale levels so......Git in where yas fit in......

Nutrient issues and room re-design ?...I can put it here or.... Hit me in pm so as ta not clog shit up with my wordy ass explanations cuz I tend to get very specific with what ta do and howta do it so......either or.....I`m BORED.....

Hangin at da farm fer a bit.....GF`s fell in luv with pigs , chickens and cows....oh....and all the other bulldawgs.....go figure...BettyfuckinCrocker....I could hurl but I guess worse things could happen......

Dropped a couple calves the other day and now she`s playin surrogate mom to ALL the varmints round here but......She don`t wanna see how I get my beef fer tha freezer......

Shit...Did I say I was bored and miss warm tropical weather ?.....Brrrrrr....

Holler ....Freds....:ying:......

Funny you mention prices... I've come to terms that I'm going to have to significantly drop prices soon, since I'm going to be turning out lbs and lbs... and I can't have that shit laying around, and I can only push so much. .I'll still get more than you did down in Hell... but not what I've been charging.

The nutrient issue is more of a balancing act... I have to know how long to run the micro, and that's going to be strain dependent. The plants don't need as much micro after week 4, but they still need it... It's like cutting the carbs out of your diet cold turkey... I think the large reservoir will handle the problem I've been having with N and my plants yellowing out too early. Let me know your thoughts though anyway... Cause I smoke too much to remember everything...

I'm more concerned about the height issue I mentioned... Go ahead and put it in the thread, cause I think the information will be helpful for anyone going through this. Currently I have 7.5' ceilings in my basement, and I can keep the temps at the bottom of the room and the top of the room within 3F... I mean I can squeeze all that light in there, cause I have been for several months now... and I know it works. I also had some serious temperature issues last summer. I can do 1800w in the winter and 1200w in the summer...

lol... Freds is getting all domesticated... You crack me up bro. It's ok to let your guard down sometimes though. I'm lucky to have my girl, I'll tell ya that much. IDK who else would put up with me. lol...

She doesn't need to know where the meat comes from, as long as she cooks it and cleans up afterward! :laughing: I need to find myself a female unit that cooks and cleans... the last time mine cleaned for me, she burnt my spatula in the dishwasher, and made my place smell like burnt plastic for a week... and cooking... lets just say my teflon frying pan is in the trash. But boy can she fuck... lmfao...

and Freds... What's cold weather to you? 60F? 50F? Try 36F and snowing.

D

DHF

Shit...was 36 and snowin in da middle of my cowpasture the first of this week , and woke up 2 days later and walked out on my front porch where the bigass outdoor thermometer/hygrometer said 24 with 91% RH.........

This old ass knows from cold , it just ain`t relentless Great Lakes region winter cold......and.....

It keeps this shit up and me and #1 dawg`s headed back down south to the beach shack......GF can stay if she wants to......now....

The first time I saw Heath experiment and test his racks for a breeding project to run seeds straight 12/12 looking for the proper pheno , the room was 4 x 6 inside dimensions with 2-600`s side by side and the ceilings were at 6'6" and he had I think 3 levels with a smaller walk-in cooler type insulated door , and if memory serves I think there was 87 plants total including fully rooted cuts to fill in all plantsites for the canopy , and he pulled lil over 4 lbs his very first run outta nowhere on a trial run........so....lotta lightbulbs went off between my ears for the record........and......

Needless to say I was hooked and swapped out 8 ebb and flow bucket rooms within a months time with my version of 4 levels with 4 plants per on 4 walls with angled corners covered in reflectix holding all my equipment thru wall including the access door and all wall fans and vortex air circulation with intake and extraction.........so....

Yes Bro yas can cut sq ftg and lumens down ta control environment in deep summer if needed or run more rooms per yr with 1200 instead of 18 , but I never had any problems in Hell cuz A/C and dehuey`s ruled my world and power`s cheap down here per kilowatt hr........

Never had over a $250-300 powerbill at any location with 1800 watts continuous and 2 rooms flippin every 12 hrs , plus all environmental control along with all the power I used renovating the homes for resale or rental during said 1 yr period......

10-1200 bucks a month +/- ta run 14400 watts including environmental control 24/7/365 at 4 locations with 8 flip rooms never pissed me off as far as ROI cuz the mortgages were round 3000+/- and once yas can maintain , it`s babyshit with the perpetual kickin in and payin shit as needed.......

Your bigger rez`s will buffer the dropping of micro and all other nitrogen containing compounds such as Cal/Mag and prevent the premature yellowing of the plants ifr yas dwindle it down slowly after stretch is over.....

Just like you said above ....Yas can`t starve the body....be it human or plant based.....With as much juice as I usedta mix weekly , it was no prob ta drop micro and cal/mag accordingly as needed but still keep the bitches hoonin cuz the elevated R/O tanks on float valves kept toppin shit off while dwindling ppm`s and buffering ph.....

Just takes time Bro.....You`ll get where yas can go in once a week and just KNOW what type maintenance needs done from pruning/shaping/deleafing to whether or not ph and ppm parameters have been in sync and or need fuckin with......

Once the shit grows itself with all equipment in place .......it`s set it and ferget it....simple....babyshit...

IME....as many smaller flip rooms side by side sharing environment lights on /lights off controlled through said lungroom is the most efficient setup I ever came in contact with....so....if yas got the time....

Set up 6-1200 watt rooms instead of 4-1800 watters and monocrop more strains/hybrids....ESPECIALLY since you`re in Medville with access to damn near anything yo lil heart desires genetics wise......

I`m just sayin.......All the potential you`ve got to market "waste product" from trimmings and excess popcorn that I threw away in the compost pile will do nothing but add to the portfolio that I never fucked with , but I never had popcorn.....only buncha foliage/fanleaves that helped my veggie garden every yr.........

Shit`s gettin real Bro.....Stay safe....Freds....:ying:......

Last edited:

bonsai

They're called "IBC" tanks. 1000L. Used for everything from pesticides to Orange juice. Know what they've had in them; avoid ones that have been used for poison.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Bobble you should cover the entire ceiling in osb before you put your reflective foam on. Then you can mount anything to it where you need to. It is easy to cut threw as well.