What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Been Busted

B

BigMo

Here the riff peeps.

Mo has been busted while on vaca.

While on a cruise in the carribean my neighbors called the police because they were concerned that they had not seen me in 4 or 5 daze. They sent a investigator to my house. They entered my home and discovered my garden.

I still do not know why they entered my home but I have spoke to the investigator and they have taken everything I had and have informed me that I will be arrested upon my return.

If anyone can give me any tips on what to do Please put it here so I can read before I return to my home.

I do not believe they had cause to enter the home but they did.

Please be open and tell me what you think.

Mo,

whodi

Veteran
Wow...

You sure it wasn't the cops way to have a reason to check on your grow? I still don't know how that'd be legal to bust in your home...

How low key are you.. have you been in trouble with this sort of stuff before.. do you associate with a lot of people that might give info to the cops?

Guess you better get a lawyer and face it like a man.. or stay on the run.

Last edited:

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
sorry man its blatiant disreguard for the law and your rights ,we are in a police state ,and it will only get worse as the econimy tanks

Sleepy

Veteran
wow...sorry to hear about that. :badday: :badday: :badday:

damn, i don't know what to say... :bashhead: :asskick:

i hope you are not in one of those backward prohibition-type states... :spank:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
hey man, i just saw the whole 'be open and tell you' comment so here's my spin

what are the charges you are looking at? worst case scenario?

is it possible to not come back?

best wishes man, i still feel like the legal grounds of this are shaky so it could be fought and won perhaps.

B

BigMo

Very low key, just personal use. No never had issues before. Actually just getting started back up after a year of not doing anything due to divorce.

Have already contacted a lawyer and he says it is illegal entry. So will have to see when I get home. He says to make no statements what so ever that they should have a warrant regardless.

Please keep the comments coming they are appreciated tremendously.

Mo,

Ajunta Pall

Sorry to hear that this bullshit ruined your vacation. Right now you should be enjoying yourself.

Does anyone else have a key to your home? How did the lowlife pigs gain entry?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
The only thing I can think of that would void the warrent would be how the neighbor called it in. I've seen incidents where police enter a home without a warrant and it's allowed, I forget the exact term, but the most common scenario (maybe the only one?) is when a neighbor calls in some domestic violence or something and the safety of someone in the home is in question.

Definitely have this lawyer do everything they can before you get back, I hope everything works out for you. Damn neighbors... that's why I want to live in the woods.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like they knew you were growing, and waited till you left for a couple of days.

well sucks either way, get a lawyer and hope for the best. your lawyer might be able to help you throw out the case depending on where the grow was located, locks...........

whodi

Veteran
Also, how'd you know the investigator left a note and got into your home.. or whatever?

B

BigMo

Well I was told by people that they kicked in the door because they were worried I was in there dead or sumptin. I was also told that it was said that the ivestigator said he was not gonna charge me but he told me himself on the phone that I was gonna be arrested when I returned.

I do believe that the entry was unwarranted and that should work in my favor. I will just have to see 4 my self when I return.

There was no note tho just what I have been told by the people that know.
Mo,

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
wellness or welfare check, its ok for them to do in some circumstances... what isnt ok is snoopin around.. i think anyway. thank god for lawyers in some instances.

NPK

I don't have any helpful advice that hasn't already been given, but wanted to say I'm so sorry this happened to you...it's beyond fucked up. Really hope you're able to deal with this with the least trouble and expense possible. Luck to you bro.

whodi

Veteran
Your neighbors must be really close to you or are extremely nosey and care about you a lot...

If you were close to them then maybe you should've let them know you were going on vacation and gave them a contact number.

This shit still seems fishy... you'd think they'd try to contact your relatives/friends before trying to break in your door.

b8man

Veteran
That's really bad luck dude - you have my sympathies.

But police can make up lots of reasons to enter your house. They can say they thought they could smell decay and investigated to see if you were hurt/dead, or that they heard a cry for help - which they later identified as an air-con/cat/anything. If there are two police officers, they back up each others lies and then legally i'm not sure what you can do.