What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Tom Hill

Veteran
I grew following moon cycles.
Plant your seeds that bear crops above ground (such as cannabis) during the waxing (increasing) of the Moon—from the day the Moon is new to the day it is full. As the moonlight increases night by night, plants are encouraged to grow leaves and stems.

It’s said that seeds will absorb more water during the full Moon and the new Moon, when more moisture is pulled to the soil surface.

I always plant seeds in the morning in my greenhouse, under lights it maybe does not matter? I used to plant by the moon but I do not really bother anymore, I try to plant by the schedule I have set for myself.

-SamS

This is correct. More growth above ground during the waxing moon and more growth below ground during the waning moon evening out every cycle. But when it comes to maximum germination ratio of older seed we would all do well to do as i said - wet them out 3-5 days (broadleaf-narrow) before the full or new moons. It is not about absorbing water, it is about absobed water ripping around in the seed itself with the maximum tides - helping that percentage extra to break free of their shells. Not above and below ground crops, but short and long geminating seed*. Broadleafs the former tropicals the latter. Check it out.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whorled phyllotaxy

I see it often when I plant lots of seeds. Find a whorled phyllotaxy male and try and produce whorled phyllotaxy progeny. Keep the Male and Female alive as clones until you can grow out the progeny seeds?

-SamS

Here is the tri individual ... picture from several hours ago ...
picture.php

funkyhorse

whorled phyllotaxy

I see it often when I plant lots of seeds. Find a whorled phyllotaxy male and try and produce whorled phyllotaxy progeny. Keep the Male and Female alive as clones until you can grow out the progeny seeds?

-SamS

Master SamS
I guess the more seeds I plant, the bigger the chance to find a whorled phillotaxy plant
This is my second one. The first one allowed me to save this one. I see my 2 whorled phillotaxy plants they have less vigour than the others, at least at this stage

This is Colombian Gold 72 picture from yesterday
picture.php

Another question
I had last year these 2 plants with this leaf feature, I dont know what name it has in any language. I made seed with them and from 2 girls I am testing, one of them came with the same feature
This is mom:
picture.php

And this is dad, sorry for bad picture, I had an old phone, I never took a picture in my life before I started growing, poor Kodak
picture.php

And this is the progeny, one out of two girls has this feature. Does it indicate anything? Is this a mutation?
Thank you very much and have a nice day
picture.php
picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
I hate to write this, as the legends seem to work with moon phases and tides, but as a semi physicist i find zero scientific evidence(even less of an explanation making sense) for any connection between tides and plant growth, especially when grown indoors with no influence of moonlight. It's just a myth to me but this is not the place for any debate on this matter. Apologies for an off topic opinion.

Cheers

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
As long physics can't explain why wood reacts different when cut at a specific phase of the moon they still have to improve their skills. Yes there is no conclusive explaination YET.
I think the indoor argument is not right because its not the moonlight that causes the things. Would mean no effect on newmoon.

Koondense

Veteran
What are "these things" you mention? I think it's not worthy to debate the matter in this thread because it's way off topic, but a deeper understanding is needed in order to put out some claims which are on a higher level than bro-science. Let's just admire some hazes instead ;)

Cheers

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
As long physics can't explain why wood reacts different when cut at a specific phase of the moon they still have to improve their skills. Yes there is no conclusive explaination YET.
I think the indoor argument is not right because its not the moonlight that causes the things. Would mean no effect on newmoon.

It's completely off topic but interesting enough to include here as long as you are talking physics. We were watching a show about the physics of nature and they started taking about the different terpenes found in nature. No mention of cannabis at all but I was awake enough for it to catch my attention. They were getting into why one plant with seemingly identical terpenes profiles can smell or taste completely different when found in different species. Long story short. They figured out not only do different plants create different terpenes and combinations. But each terpene can vibrate at its own frequency. Which would explain why similar combinations can smell different. They went back into a great deal more details and showed some experiments to go with.

I guess I should find and post a link in a more appropriate thread

G

I hate to write this, as the legends seem to work with moon phases and tides, but as a semi physicist i find zero scientific evidence(even less of an explanation making sense) for any connection between tides and plant growth, especially when grown indoors with no influence of moonlight. It's just a myth to me but this is not the place for any debate on this matter. Apologies for an off topic opinion.

Cheers

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/1998/04/moon-through-trees

Tom Hill

Veteran

Cheers

Do you think if we all hide indoors on the next full moon tidal forces will cease to exist haha? Of course not, it is a simple matter of gravitational pull. That same force affects everything from sap flow to germination rate. Purt near the only time i pull that tool out of the box anymore is when i really need a high germ rate. It is straight science not hippie crap. A seed full of water is a tiny ocean tehee.

The other stuff holds water so to speak though as well. Sams friend Rob speculated some 40 years ago that the light of the moon may actually postpone flower induction from year to year and after 35 season i find this indeed the case. I can fairly consistently predict an early or late year based on what the moon is doing during typical induction time with highly intimate varieties same as i know you will root clones faster indoors @ <24hrs all other parameters being equal.

I can't stand hippies lol. But let's not lump friggin' gravity and photoperiod together with that other bs. This is actually one of the oldest most basic of physics.

sbeanonnamellow

Tom that's interesting stuff. Can you elaborate on your observations on the moon as it relates to what it's doing? What type of things to look for or observe and how to correlate? Much love

Tom Hill

Veteran
I threw down a few things. Re tide ffs in parts of alaska it is nigh 40ft that a buttload of water moving around. One need only imagine the same thing happening inside a seed for that is indeed what happens. What .03 footcandle affecting plant growth i believe that equally undisputed. You'll not find an arborist worth his salt pruning hedge during the light of the moon they will always schedule that during the wane. Likewise, they will do the spring fruit trees during the waxing moon. That all ancient hard won solid science not hippie crap - folk just on the wane now haha.

sbeanonnamellow

Thanks for elaborating, I really dig the idea of a seed being it's own planet with it's own ocean of sorts. Big energy in small seeds. Much love

harvestreaper

Veteran
iim not sure if im a hippy or not but i always recall the best yeilds in the harvest season even indoor so same cut ran thruyear indoors best yeilds happened at end of year,,seen it with a few friends to i always thought ot related to the moon and efrect of seasonal cycle ,,but i guess could just be coincidance

G

Seedsman Ohaze MadMac repro

Seedsman Ohaze MadMac repro

Not sure what I'll manage to get off her,I sure love watching her do her thing.

ZHA26pt.jpg

UcdoHbI.jpg
5oEpSQm.jpg
a7UiYGV.jpg
6OAg0Gf.jpg

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
iim not sure if im a hippy or not but i always recall the best yeilds in the harvest season even indoor so same cut ran thruyear indoors best yeilds happened at end of year,,seen it with a few friends to i always thought ot related to the moon and efrect of seasonal cycle ,,but i guess could just be coincidance

If all else consistant then yields should be too, our end year the light is amazing so outdoors would be the best harvest, with light dep..but Im in southern hemisphere..Indoors, should be 1g/w every ten weeks at least like clockwork..or something is off..but many things to possibly be off, but only so many.

Latest posts

Latest posts