What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

LostTribe

Premium user
I was most reacently trying to feed some A5 crosses, NH and a few ACE sativas the same strength PureBlend Pro as hybrids. I was at most around 1.2 ec. Was in coco. I started these in promix and up'd to happy frog and got a bit of initial under curl and a small bit of tips on half. The top node is not curled under. Feeding just RO. I did add a bit of mycos upon up pot. Trying to give them as little as possible. I'll post pics this week. Todd's. Just put on blumats too forgot. They didn't get KO'd like w the coco.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
please name the variety of Cannabis that was deveoped by Neville alone

i really don't want to get in the middle of any dick wagging contests, but i couldn't ignore this...

can ANY breeders claim to have single- handedly developed noteworthy strains? seems most everything modern and popular started from selecting and hybridizing cultivars already somewhat bred by third- world farmers, right? please correct me if i'm wrong, i love learning and i'm not here to step on toes.

i guess there's the rare occasion where a true landrace was used...

anyway, just my two cents

Nexus7

I've got a good Haze question. I have experienced nutrient burn more than a few times and not just with Haze but also other pure sativa's. These problems show up as extreme under curling and even some upward curling of the fan leaf tips.

I have read that Haze is particularly sensitive to Nitrogen. Are they just as sensitive to Phosphorous and Potassium? What about micro nutrients and sea weed extracts like Liquid karma and maxi crop?

LT

Yeah got those Haze feeding blues atm ...

From this:

picture.php

To this:

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Maybe try to keep them in very shaded area for a good bit of time to do a lot of healing... and water mainly with foliar not roots.

Nexus7

Maybe try to keep them in very shaded area for a good bit of time to do a lot of healing... and water mainly with foliar not roots.

Foliar seems to be helping a bit. Seems to prefer the higher temps but maybe not so much the low humidity and high UV we have here ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Heavy sat or pure sats all love high feeds in veg that can change from line to line or plant to plant in hybrids once they start to flower.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Your soil looks like its draining well could the soil be a touch hot in the way of organic ferts ?.

HAZENACIOUS

I respect Nevil, not like his "fans" or "friends" who use his name to look better or make their plants look better and the best in the world. so when he said he thought he used "haze1969" for his crosses. I respect it. I have no instrument to find out(and nobody has) if it is the truth or not(as far as his statements about skunkman´s original haze, I can find out easily by growing it...) so! if he used 1969haze, and he said that, it has very little to do with original haze from Skunkman, as we have it today... it went through numerous generations from that time.. nobody, here on the boards, grew it. and Nevil grew only few females of it.. if somebody thinks what is hazeA or hazeC, then he is simply hallucinating or trolling.. abstract from northern lights in fantasy. fantastic abstraction it is, not truth, just fantasy mind operation.. so all this c5 and a5 is totally non relative to this thread. this thread is about original haze from Skunkman. not thread "what I think the haze is or isn't.." here is authority which educates us what is original haze, never heard from this authority about c5 or a5 to be relative to his OH. never. (what I read from him was that neville´s haze doesn't do it for him, and doesn't smoke like his original haze - which agrees with my experience) only from mrnice trolls.. these c5 or a5 belongs to thread question for Nevil about northern lights hybrids. mango haze is hybrid, "haze" hybrid, what haze we dont know. but sure it was not today´s Skunkman´s original haze, or seedman´s or tom hill´s etc.. so this bullshit about 50%haze LOL is total NONSENSE and ruining this thread constantly, because of using some very vague, more fantastic than real - imagine about "haze". when you click on this thread, you want to read about northern lights hybrids? and how northern lights hybrid is not northern lights hybrid, but it is haze. really? still that NONSENSE over and over? cant we kick out this trolls out and read this nonsense posts which are still repeating the same over and over. cant we focus, as reasonable human beings, on original haze we have today and it is phenos. again and again, like retards, talk about some a or c haze, with no provable relation. I want to read about phenos of original haze which I can actually grow. not about some mythologic phenotypes of some old "haze" which I cant grow because it exists only as norhtern lights hybrid, which means it doesn't exist..

You are a liar Ma, you don't respect Nevil, you don't respect history, and you don't respect haze. Haze doesn't care about your opinion.

The vast majority of haze on earth is descended from Haze C and or A, the fact that this offends you changes nothing.

You are a gaslighter, and thank God the world is not limited and small minded like you. Haze is not a club MA. Its not all about buying and selling seeds, some of us are on here to exchange information that involves truth, so cut it with your lies and doublespeak and attempting to redefine english regarding haze. Talk shit about your own strains not other people's. A haze hybrid is still a haze hybrid, even if it has Northern lights in it and it Still came from Sam, even if indirectly. Haze has many forms, haze is always beautiful in all its forms, and MA, try to live up to your name a little, stop hating, and please try not to be so wretched. Thanks.
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Nexus7

Heavy sat or pure sats all love high feeds in veg that can change from line to line or plant to plant in hybrids once they start to flower.

Your soil looks like its draining well could the soil be a touch hot in the way of organic ferts ?.

Well the trouble began after I up potted the plant and after few days of cool temps so not enough oxygen at the root zone I guess. But now it's starting to warm up a bit it's looking a bit better. Just not sure if it needs a good dose of Nitrogen or not ...

HAZENACIOUS

Too much N in most Nutrients for Haze IMO. Leaf clawing is def from N toxicity.. I see it when doing haze/Sat dom phenos. Instead of feeding every time I use RO to balance it out. No more clawing.
I actually get that clawing on some of my hazes even though I use only organic fertilizers.one cut in particular always seems to claw up. It's one of my top cuts right now, 50% 5hz.
This grow was 100% organic and many sativas in this grow and nothing else clawed up, it didn't cause problems, some of my best smoke, (incense pheno)
picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Maha, theoretically you might be right, this is the "questions to Sam about original haze" tread and non-hybrids, but without hybrids this tread would be without a lot of posts and images ....
Tom Hill Haze x Original Haze
picture.php

picture.php

Tom Hill Haze
picture.php

Pan-o-haze
picture.php

Everyone uses someone else's seeds to create variety, (I'm not talking about who takes ssh and calls it amnesia), Nevil used Sam's haze, Sam the haze brothers, (or vice versa, it depends on the story) but they used the imported weed seeds ....

:smoke out:

TheDarkStorm

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
please name the variety of Cannabis that was deveoped by Neville alone

Guess you didnt know sam...nevil worked some landraces towards his later life....yes some of those were donated to him....but still none the less.

TheDarkStorm

I respect Nevil, not like his "fans" or "friends" who use his name to look better or make their plants look better and the best in the world. so when he said he thought he used "haze1969" for his crosses. I respect it. I have no instrument to find out(and nobody has) if it is the truth or not(as far as his statements about skunkman´s original haze, I can find out easily by growing it...) so! if he used 1969haze, and he said that, it has very little to do with original haze from Skunkman, as we have it today... it went through numerous generations from that time.. nobody, here on the boards, grew it. and Nevil grew only few females of it.. if somebody thinks what is hazeA or hazeC, then he is simply hallucinating or trolling.. abstract from northern lights in fantasy. fantastic abstraction it is, not truth, just fantasy mind operation.. so all this c5 and a5 is totally non relative to this thread. this thread is about original haze from Skunkman. not thread "what I think the haze is or isn't.." here is authority which educates us what is original haze, never heard from this authority about c5 or a5 to be relative to his OH. never. (what I read from him was that neville´s haze doesn't do it for him, and doesn't smoke like his original haze - which agrees with my experience) only from mrnice trolls.. these c5 or a5 belongs to thread question for Nevil about northern lights hybrids. mango haze is hybrid, "haze" hybrid, what haze we dont know. but sure it was not today´s Skunkman´s original haze, or seedman´s or tom hill´s etc.. so this bullshit about 50%haze LOL is total NONSENSE and ruining this thread constantly, because of using some very vague, more fantastic than real - imagine about "haze". when you click on this thread, you want to read about northern lights hybrids? and how northern lights hybrid is not northern lights hybrid, but it is haze. really? still that NONSENSE over and over? cant we kick out this trolls out and read this nonsense posts which are still repeating the same over and over. cant we focus, as reasonable human beings, on original haze we have today and it is phenos. again and again, like retards, talk about some a or c haze, with no provable relation. I want to read about phenos of original haze which I can actually grow. not about some mythologic phenotypes of some old "haze" which I cant grow because it exists only as norhtern lights hybrid, which means it doesn't exist..

Mah hazeC and hazeA were put to loads of things...not just nl...it was put to sativas too...also the hazeC male was reversed on to its self producing male an female plants...an infact was put out ther...guess you didnt know that either

sbeanonnamellow

I actually get that clawing on some of my hazes even though I use only organic fertilizers.one cut in particular always seems to claw up. It's one of my top cuts right now, 50% 5hz.
This grow was 100% organic and many sativas in this grow and nothing else clawed up, it didn't cause problems, some of my best smoke, (incense pheno)View Image

Can't help but wonder the difference in phenotypical expression with regards to feed across unique environments. For example, gardening indoors compared to outdoors.

Without adequate energy to pull from and use in biological processes, I think the plants express themselves uniquely across these variables. So, question to the outdoor gardeners tending haze lines. Do you notice the same expressions as they relate to feeding and overfeeding, specifically an abundance of nitrogen and the infamous clawing that's described with the excess availability? Much love.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This grow was 100% organic and many sativas in this grow and nothing else clawed up, it didn't cause problems, some of my best smoke, (incense pheno)View Image

In this case Id say over watering. This will also cause clawing. When caught early easy to fix.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Can't help but wonder the difference in phenotypical expression with regards to feed across unique environments. For example, gardening indoors compared to outdoors.

Without adequate energy to pull from and use in biological processes, I think the plants express themselves uniquely across these variables. So, question to the outdoor gardeners tending haze lines. Do you notice the same expressions as they relate to feeding and overfeeding, specifically an abundance of nitrogen and the infamous clawing that's described with the excess availability? Much love.

Speaking from my own experience, I’ve found that plants ran outdoors in large beds or very large pots tend to show less issues with over feeding. I dig my holes deep and mix in dry frets (Agricola), bury the ferts, and then put the small plants about 2’ above that area in mounds. For most sativas (or mostly sativa) varieties I’ve grown outdoors, I’ve found that the “less is more” approach tends to work best more times than not. It’s like putting gas in the tank of your car...you want to put enough gas in there so you can reach your destination without having to stop and refuel.

I generally rely on building the soil long before planting and then I use plenty of Ca foliar sprays during veg and maybe a couple feedings of compost tea. At this stage, I will also ramp up any IPM I’m going to employ as I don’t like to spray my plants once flowering has started. I’ve found it’s best to reduce the possibility of pests gaining a foothold early on as opposed to battling an active infestation. Once the plants reach flowering stage, I feed with plain old water and let the plants decide what they want to take from the soil as they grow. I’ve had pretty much zero issues with clawing or other types of deficiencies this way. While my approach tends to work for me in my environment, your mileage may vary depending on other factors.

HB.