What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Something is eating my Plants

edlkll

I have 4 plants growing and they are about 2 foot tall. I live in the
USA on the east coast. Some thing is coming in to my outside garden and munching on the leaves. I have a deer fence around the plants so that the deer wont get to them. I had a problem with them in the past that why its up. But now some type of varmint is pushing the deer fence up on the bottom and eating the leaves? I don't know what it could be. Never had this happen before. The only thing I can think of would be I have seen some ground hogs in my neighbor hood. Has any one run into this problem? If so some insight on what it could be would be a big help before they or it ruins my plants. edlkll

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I live near Denver and have been going nuts with the bugs (Earwigs) eating my heirloom peppers and doing a little damage to my MMJ. It was a wet cool spring and there are herds of the little buggers around. In this case it is the earwigs because I am trapping them in a dish with a little SOY sauce covered with a little vegetable oil. They only come out at night and I have trapped dozens in the morning. I also use Diatomaceous Earth on the plants. I need to buy another bag as I have almost used up this one. Good luck.

starke

Set up a cheap game camera. You are likely not going to know...until you know. There are too many possibilities like Lone Wolf noted.

edlkll

Found out what it was, It was a ground hog, got a camera and got a picture of it borrowing under the deer fence I have around the area. Then looking a little closer I saw the prints of its feet around the plants. When they got bigger it seemed to leave them alone. Just did the damage to the plants when they were younger and I guess they were more tender.