What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa in Ontario

JJDubz

After returning from an extended hiatus, I find myself longing for the up, lifty, heady effects of a well grown Sativa.

Back in the OG days I grew C99 x swt3 which was a killer cross. Now all I see are indicas or heavy indica hybrids.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions for Delivery services (or has a good connection) for a great Sativa!

Much love
JJ

knuckles

Veteran
After returning from an extended hiatus, I find myself longing for the up, lifty, heady effects of a well grown Sativa.

Back in the OG days I grew C99 x swt3 which was a killer cross. Now all I see are indicas or heavy indica hybrids.

Curious if anyone has any suggestions for Delivery services (or has a good connection) for a great Sativa!

Much love
JJ
Killer A5 haze from ace seeds should fit the bill.

right

I've grown jamacin , Columbian , and , Mexican in southern Ontario and none of them ever finished . I'd try a hybrid like ssh .

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I grew a few Swazi last year. Harvested mid November. Did well in freezing night time temps. Fan leaves took a beating, but the buds didn't seem to mind. It could have been a little tighter but overall, it was good. Wife loves it.

troutman

Seed Whore
Unless you have a greenhouse with possible light deprivation I wouldn't bother growing a pure Sativa outdoors in Ontario. :tiphat:

yahooman

hemp depot has sweettooth#3 x c99 from beanho,ive grown it,its excellent party weed!!!

now im going to have to get another pack!!

Legalcdn

Swazi

Swazi

Don't believe Troutman. He still has snow. lol

Tycho.. You ever grow swazi indoor? I bought malberry swazi gold from HDepot and i am growing her indoor (week 3 flower). She gets fall..had to attach her to outside of tomatoe cage..

I gave 1 to friend to grow outdoors so we will see if she is ok outdoors. I am at 42 lat (sw ontario).

My timewarp x c99 from HDepot is looking really good.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I grew some outdoor but gave a few to a buddy who grew them indoor. They were about 4 feet. Beautiful.

Outdoor got heavy and the branches just kept everything from hitting the ground. They came close to breaking. But the stalks were stronger than steel with a fantastic root system.

Legalcdn

I grew some outdoor but gave a few to a buddy who grew them indoor. They were about 4 feet. Beautiful.

Outdoor got heavy and the branches just kept everything from hitting the ground. They came close to breaking. But the stalks were stronger than steel with a fantastic root system.

3 or 4 weeks in flower for swazi.. Think i have 8 weeks left.. TimewarpXc99 finish in 5 weeks..all under DIY vanity lights..

picture.php

picture.php

Legalcdn

Tycho..

I have a situation with indoor sativa..i am 8 weeks in flowering indoor..11hr on..13 off.. My lat-lon has sun hours of 14hr at aug 1st..can i move sativa outdoor for last 4 weeks without flower disruption?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Mine didn't start flowering until late August outdoor. I suggest you check daylight at DateAndTime.com

I do have a Honduran that is well into flowering outdoor. I had it indoor, dropped the light to 12/12 to sex them and it went right into full stretching 4 weeks after i put it out. So it about 7 feet tall. I have to go and check on it this week and seehow its doing.

This was July 17.
picture.php

We're at 14 hrs and 41 minutes and dropping right now but no one else is flowering. I would think that kicking off flowering early would be ok. I just don't know how early you can do it safely. I'd probably try it at 13 hrs. So bring the light down indoor before you put them out.

Legalcdn

I have never grown a sativa..swazi gold..i was hoping to bring outside but it would go from 11hr to 14hr33min of light. I am running lights at night so that would need a day/night reverse..
You ever get heat stress from light? Temps indoor have been 30-32 degrees.... In my album i put a pic....how does she look? I thought she stalled for 2 weeks due to heat but i just don't know..she is a 12 week plant..been feeding megacrop.. She is 8 weeks now...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80614&pictureid=1963994

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Oh shit she looks healthy and well on her way. They love the heat. I doubt she'll go back into veg when you put her out at 13 hrs. Maybe even wait a bit longer. I mean if your goal is to finish her outdoor, it wouldn't hurt.

What's your Lat?

I don't think they ever stall in the traditional sense. They'll focus on their roots with spiking heat.

If it's not too much work, and I never did this with cannabis, but I'd move her out for some natural sun for a few hours a day (during lights on of course). It'll be a nice way to acclimatize her to the eventual move outdoor. Just expect bugs to visit her, so you'll be bringing some in the house.

Putting her out will bring on nice colors with cold nights. Keep your camera at the ready.

Legalcdn

U think another 4 weeks? I will check trics end of aug.. I will look to give her 2-3 weeks outdoor in sept.. I am at 42 lat..just south of windsor..we have outdoor growing season until end of October. Gave a friend 3 of swazi and two timewarp x C99 for outdoor. So i will see how they do in sept.. Your Honduras..is it from ace seeds?
My next run will be fall with zamaldelia x old timer haze..