What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Non Gangster / Freemason opinion on legal weed so far

S

sativaking

So been to a couple big LPs as well as to some shops and ordered from the govt. Just thought I'd bitch about the quality of over-chemically treated weed out there. So ferty its not smokable. (over nutriated and fertilized)

Obv legalization is a good thing, just sucks when ur not in a position to do that grow thing for urself and waisting money on chem crap. Just venting....

Last edited:

beanjas

Expensive in nova scotia . Some stuff was alright . Never had any that was over fertilized but I found it real dry and some had musty smell. Weighed a couple of so called grams up and there was a few .9's .

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Expensive in nova scotia . Some stuff was alright . Never had any that was over fertilized but I found it real dry and some had musty smell. Weighed a couple of so called grams up and there was a few .9's .
... loss of moisture. "I found it really dry"

anon710

I sorta dont mind legalization so far. There is some semi decent options. Some of the sub 10 dollar grams are decent. I like the Ruxton by broken coast. When I find my self needing some "smoke" I dont mind paying the $45 dollars for an 1/8th. The pink kush I bought was not terrible either for the $11-13 price point.

Im a Medical patient, dont have a LP im signed up with but have a small med licence, so cannabis is not exactly the most costly commodity for me any ways.

I am very glad that the medical right to grow more than the 4 recreational plants stayed around. Even without a medical licence the legal ability to grow 4 plants per household is nothing terrible, could be higher. But realistically not much higher like maybe 6-12 would be the high end that any place thats rec currently has.

I dont see prices on the rec side comming down anytime soon, look at our booze and beer market. Its fairly poorly managed with the budget the provincial and federal govt. have.

But at the same time they keep letting me grow my whatever amount of plants so I can juice my leaves for treatment, and if I need something im not growing to smoke, 45 bucks for a 1/8th buys me some pretty decent to really quite good marijuana.

Hell I even tried a 60 dollar 8th. Was good felt like seeing what could possibly be marketed for the price. Price aside it was good smoke.

No complaints from this person :)

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
... there are a lot of folks out there, that thought legalization was going to result in a free for all. Not so!

One thing I have observed here is the amount of seniors medicating themselves. I hope down the road that the government won't go crazy with their taxes. 10% is fair when we consider that in some states taxes are as high as 56%. <--- Now that is a power grab!

There is a lot of things that require honing, smoothing out ect... The bright side we have a foot in the door :)

One thing I have noticed however... when Epidiolex was introduced for epilepsy (created off Charlotte's Web), at the top of the list of side effects was... "may cause liver damage". That side effect is no longer listed.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it will be interesting to see what the landscape will look like 10 yrs from now.

S

sativaking

I would say the majority of ppl dont have a problem with weed. Seems like the consensus is that my experience is pretty rare.....so partyon!

anon710

... there are a lot of folks out there, that thought legalization was going to result in a free for all. Not so!

One thing I have observed here is the amount of seniors medicating themselves. I hope down the road that the government won't go crazy with their taxes. 10% is fair when we consider that in some states taxes are as high as 56%. <--- Now that is a power grab!

There is a lot of things that require honing, smoothing out ect... The bright side we have a foot in the door :)

One thing I have noticed however... when Epidiolex was introduced for epilepsy (created off Charlotte's Web), at the top of the list of side effects was... "may cause liver damage". That side effect is no longer listed.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it will be interesting to see what the landscape will look like 10 yrs from now.

the whole idea that 10 percent tax is fair is great. But what do you call the 100-200 percent markup the provincial wholesale and retailer make. In ontario I reffer to the OCB. They are provincialy owned, so to me they are actually charging a 110-210 percent tax between the federal excise tax and the markup the rovince gets at retail and wholesale.

Feel free to consider that markup not a tax. But its not going to any sort of private indsutry and gets thrown into the provincail tax rev budget.

Maybe would be nice if they were slightly more transparent about the govts revenue streams like that, people would wake up and not belive what the media is pushing on ya.

Colby82

the 'mark up' of the province distribution is pretty crazy.. LP cost <$2/gr ---> province to dispensaries $6-10/gr --> sold to public... $9-18/gram.

dispensaries are make very little off the sale of cannabis for the most part (the odd one is cranking it out), most make money via advertising for LPs in store (the only place they are legally allowed to have ads).

but once the majority of the LPs are up to their cultivation maxes, we should see cheaper weed prices.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
the 'mark up' of the province distribution is pretty crazy.. LP cost <$2/gr ---> province to dispensaries $6-10/gr --> sold to public... $9-18/gram.

dispensaries are make very little off the sale of cannabis for the most part (the odd one is cranking it out), most make money via advertising for LPs in store (the only place they are legally allowed to have ads).

but once the majority of the LPs are up to their cultivation maxes, we should see cheaper weed prices.
Oh Ford ever became Premier is beyond me!

blastfrompast

Veteran
Ive made one purchase

Delta9 (PUKE)
Black Domina

Flavor profile..... Musty grass clippings outta the plastic jar.
had a nice lil bit of budrot in the middle....but its "iradiated" so ok to sell like that....lol

I got thru 1/2 a joint of the bud that didnt have budrot in middle....
when i busted it up it had a bit of pinene ...

Horrible smoke...had to relight multiple times....

39.99 for a 1/8 before fucking tax...

Haven't been able to give it away yet....and ive tried....

anon710

Ive made one purchase

Delta9 (PUKE)
Black Domina

Flavor profile..... Musty grass clippings outta the plastic jar.
had a nice lil bit of budrot in the middle....but its "iradiated" so ok to sell like that....lol

I got thru 1/2 a joint of the bud that didnt have budrot in middle....
when i busted it up it had a bit of pinene ...

Horrible smoke...had to relight multiple times....

39.99 for a 1/8 before fucking tax...

Haven't been able to give it away yet....and ive tried....

I also made 2 purchases only. A few 1/8s of broken coast ruxton, I actually like it was some 43.xx per 1/8th. And just out of curiosity of was a 60 dollar 1/8th and a 90 dollar 1/8th were at a retail store I bought some Royal High super skunk, not terrible actually if you forget about the price. The 90 1/8th of whistler was flawless pot, about as good as most higher end black market price was totaly out of line. Have to say the quality at the higher end of the legal market is not terrible from what I have bought, but the pricing is totaly out of line.

This is exactly why I always kept my medical licence, ecpecially the grow part.

I’m low on weed because I kept my veggie plants for an outdoor grow that didn’t materialize.
Been making oil with duff and smoking an immature plant that hermied.
I’m not buying any legal weed because I don’t roll that way....... sure do love my cultivation license, though.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
For those that can grow, it's the only way to go. I sure hope gubment doesn't f...ed it up!

Latest posts

Latest posts