What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

With legalization in over half of the states...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am I still justified in being paranoid in having seeds delivered to my house where I grow?

I can order domestically from one state away. How do I know the senders mail isn't being flagged when it gets shipped out of state to a restricted state? (Great Lakes Genetics is in MI. I'm in WI.)

I really don't have any friends that I can have mail delivered to.

Granted, a lot of my grow equipment was shipped. But I've been collecting it for a couple years in various previous residences.

My seed stock I collected in 2004-2006 and have been storing it until my current location.

Hell, if Great Lakes had a store front I'd just drive there! Detroit is a short 6 hour drive for me.

I'm in a similar situation. I live in a neighboring state to WI and am waiting on a couple packs of seeds from Great Lakes Genetics (I, too, thought about making the drive to MI before realizing they don't have a store front). Because legalization is gaining momentum, and I'm only growing a few plants, I'm not too worried. My thought(hope??) is the authorities aren't focusing too much on the domestic seed banks and that the worst that could happen is that they confiscate my seeds.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm in Prohibitionland Virginia.
I have had seeds mailed to a Va address 5 times.
I had them USPS delivered to a business that often accepts packages for people. Received all seeds except 3rd time (oh well, they were freebies anyway).
I'm still here!
Also according to the wording of farm bill- legal hemp is defined as any cannabis that has less than .3% THC. This loophole legalizes seeds because seeds do not have any cannabinoids.
Now your state might not allow seeds, but USPS is federal law.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am I still justified in being paranoid in having seeds delivered to my house where I grow?

I can order domestically from one state away. How do I know the senders mail isn't being flagged when it gets shipped out of state to a restricted state? (Great Lakes Genetics is in MI. I'm in WI.)

I really don't have any friends that I can have mail delivered to.

Granted, a lot of my grow equipment was shipped. But I've been collecting it for a couple years in various previous residences.

My seed stock I collected in 2004-2006 and have been storing it until my current location.

Hell, if Great Lakes had a store front I'd just drive there! Detroit is a short 6 hour drive for me.

Not aware of any 'flags' from Great Lakes mailing to non legal states. Yes, they are outstanding in regards to mailing. As a vendor and customer there, you'll get your order plus generous freebies.

igrowone

Veteran
if you think of the current state of the USPS
is it likely they are implementing an expensive system to flag small mail from a legal state to a non legal state?
the legal states are changing year by year
small seed shipments have been simply confiscated in the past
seems like a lot of effort for no gain

Hydro8

If you are wondering about it you already know it is a risk. You can collect a bunch of "ahhh.. dude Don't worry because..." that will not help the reality of it.

If a highly funded entity that is paid to find illegal grows get a list of addresses that had seeds sent to them.. I would not want to be on that list if I was growing !

I was reading the news from a non-leagl state and they had a "bust" from a facebook posting about a gram of wax. Someone reported the post, local LE got a warrant, searched a home and someone is sitting in jail with felonies over a facebook post about a gram of wax.
Sitting in Colorado this seems so bizarre and backwards.. but it is the reality in some places. The "drug war" is still going in some states be careful.

redlaser

Veteran
One way to receive a package without having your address on it is have it sent to, “Your name”, “general delivery” at the post office address.

Not all Post offices have that service, so check online or call before sending to one.

You need to present an ID when picking it up, could get a fake id and not even use your real name
Could have it sent to a non local post office if that’s important as well.

It sounded like it would raise a red flag at first to me, but it’s a common service people use while traveling or moving from place to place.

I recently bought some kratom plants from a guy who suggested it, just to give the oinkers one less thing to track. Worked well.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are wondering about it you already know it is a risk. You can collect a bunch of "ahhh.. dude Don't worry because..." that will not help the reality of it.

If a highly funded entity that is paid to find illegal grows get a list of addresses that had seeds sent to them.. I would not want to be on that list if I was growing !

I was reading the news from a non-leagl state and they had a "bust" from a facebook posting about a gram of wax. Someone reported the post, local LE got a warrant, searched a home and someone is sitting in jail with felonies over a facebook post about a gram of wax.
Sitting in Colorado this seems so bizarre and backwards.. but it is the reality in some places. The "drug war" is still going in some states be careful.

This is the way I keep leaning.

I've never been even looked at sideways for any kind of possession or growing or anything related to drugs or cannabis. Ever. I worked side by side with cops for years, and they never had a clue.

I'd really like to keep that streak going.

It'll be legal medically soon enough. I can wait. I just hope that Grandma's Hashplant from Bodhi is still around when it does.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've never been even looked at sideways for any kind of possession or growing or anything related to drugs or cannabis.

Starbucks definitely gave me the sideways stare one time. Taking advantage of "Grounds for Growers Program". Guess I don't look like a farmer. Nor a hipster for that matter. They knew I didn't belong. Lol

dddaver

Veteran
Waiit...over half have legalized? Where? Not US. Maybe you meant medical?

Ten states and Washington, DC, have now legalized marijuana for recreational use for adults over 21. And 33 states have legalized medical marijuana. Marijuana prohibition began 80 years ago when the federal government banned the sale, cultivation, and use of the cannabis plant

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Yeah and different states have different definition of legalized.
I keep hearing people say Virginia legalized for medical.
But if you get a Dr. to prescribe you are allowed to get CBD oil with less than 5% THC. No flowers. No home grow.
THAT IS NOT LEGALIZATION.

G

GatorGumbo

What's funny about some places is that literally 50 miles away dank is getting trucked in from a legal state. Still people growing 6 plants in the illegal state will get their lives upturned like no tomorrow by the justice system because they'll be treated as the ones making all the noise and thumbing their nose at the law. When people who adhere to the "no sell, no smell, no tell" rules get busted, the cops almost laugh at them for being stupid or unlucky.

dddaver

Veteran
Yeah and different states have different definition of legalized.
I keep hearing people say Virginia legalized for medical.
But if you get a Dr. to prescribe you are allowed to get CBD oil with less than 5% THC. No flowers. No home grow.
THAT IS NOT LEGALIZATION.

All I can say is, keep stroking dude. That's exactly how Florida was for 2 1/2 years after a huge landslide constitutional amendment was passed by popular vote but not until we got a new governor. We just recently were "allowed" to smoke flowers. Still no grow though.