What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing terpene results Neiko!
Thank you very much for sharing them with us! :huggg:

As i commented previously, the goal with the hybrids between the old dutch elite Haze hybrids from Nevil and our Killer Malawis was to reach strongest possible potency and highest THC content, while it's on the Panama and Kali China hybrids where i expect to find the most fragrant Haze hybrids with best terpene combinations and louder and more complex 'incense factor', and i'm glad i was right ;)

Beautiful plants Syd. I love my keeper Killer cut. Speaking of the Panama x A5, I recently finished that beauty and I absolutely love it! I do a lot of testing and my main focus on testing is the terpene profiles. High THC is nice but it's the terps that get my blood pumping and the Panama x A5 crushed my previous record of 2.67%. She came back a whopping 3.4%. I've been chasing that 3% benchmark for years. Her cannabinoids came back at 24% so this girl has the whole package! I look forward to hearing what you think about it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi noodleman,

Thank you very much sharing your rewarding Killer A5 Haze indoor experience with us :tiphat: Glad your harvest was bountiful and that produced potent sativa buds of your taste.

TBH, i also prefer the effects of pure Oldtimer's Haze and its hybrids, although the Haze crosses with the Haze hybrids from Nevil produce more refined terpenes and stronger raw potency and higher THC content.

I thought I would report on my pleasant and rewarding experience with my first A5 Haze. The 3 photos show the plant in the tent, immediately before chopping, and while drying. The dry yield was pushing 5 ounces of buds that produce a quite potent clear headed buzz. I rate it a step up in potency over the purple MH, although I think I may prefer the purple buzz at its peak compared to the A5 buzz at its peak. The purple is maybe more uplifting and laugh inducing while the A5 has more legs along with a clearer and crisper effect. This is a very subjective and subtle distinction and should be taken with a grain of salt. The A5 will be a regular in my rotation.
The plant in my tent in front of the A5 is a Golden Tiger. I thought it was good but not up to either of the Malawi x haze's I've grown. The other two plants are an Inzane in the Membrane and a Prayer Pupil. Both are excellent sativa strains with the PP being perhaps the strongest pot I've ever grown.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your contribution to this thread uncle Buddler :thank you:

Always a pleasure to watch your great indoor and outdoor plants.
Those cured Killer A5 Haze buds look really yummy :yummy:

It's easy to recognize the A5 Haze dominant phenos in the cured buds because of their unmistakable incensey aroma and brownish color in the buds and pistils.

Wish you are also having a great harvest this year, friend!

Some OD killer a5 and nev mal @ 7wks.

Howdy Acesters ! Heres a few closeups of the Nev Mal :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Tony for joining the thread with your beautiful, healthy and well developed indoor Killer A5 Hazes.

I'm sure you will get an abundant harvest of prime quality and mind blowing sativa buds like with your current Golden Tiger x Panama harvest. ;)

Glad you are having a wide variety of phenotypes in your Killer A5 Hazes, it will be exciting to evaluate all the different expressions. Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

These 2 bushy ones are still bushy no kidding. First one 1 week into flower with 7 weeks of veg in the trunks

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings Dubi, hope is well. Great info. Thanks for sharing. So between new Super Malawi Haze and the Killer A5 Haze which one would you prefer for the long lasting psychedelic effects as you descried? Really interested in both of these has I enjoyed the Malawi and Haze. Thanks friend and happy growing.

Hi IncenseRosemary,

Our Killer Malawi mothers and A5 Haze are probably the strongest sativa smokes i've ever experienced.
Both deliver an owerpering and super long lasting psychedelic life-changing effect that blows the mind and body even to the hardest and most experienced smokers.

Amnesia Haze is also very strong and has a relative fast flowering .... i think it is some kind of NL5/HazeC selection.
A friend of mine grows perpetually a very good Amnesia clone for 10 years, yet he prefers the effects of my Killer Malawis and pure Angolese mothers.

Amnesia Haze is a very solid plant, but i don't think it is better than the best Haze hybrids from the 90s (Jack Herer, Jack Flash or Kali Mist).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks also deepwaterdude for sharing your experience with Killer A5 Haze :dance013:

You have wide experience with our Haze hybrids so i'm very curious to know how you rate our Oldtimer's Haze hybrids (ie Panama Haze, Haze x Kali China) vs these new hybrids using the Haze hybrids from Nevil.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread :tiphat:

Wow, the Killer A5 Haze #1 I've got is sharp as a knife. It's certainly possible to smoke it daytime, as I am now, if you don't mind being projected for minutes at a time into what I would call thought pockets. Not unpleasant, set and setting and all that, but powerful and unavoidable. Not such a big NL stink to this one, just raw power.

#2 is a stink bomb like Abbott from last grow. Denser, with more mids and basses than her sister. Perfect for late night. DO NOT break this up in public unless you want everyone looking your way;)
Here yas go:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dr.King :)

I find Killer A5 haze more psychedelic and disabling, while Super Malawi Haze is much more uplifting and less intoxicating, yet very strong.

Greetings Dubi, hope is well. Great info. Thanks for sharing. So between new Super Malawi Haze and the Killer A5 Haze which one would you prefer for the long lasting psychedelic effects as you descried? Really interested in both of these has I enjoyed the Malawi and Haze. Thanks friend and happy growing.

deepwaterdude

Thanks also deepwaterdude for sharing your experience with Killer A5 Haze :dance013:

You have wide experience with our Haze hybrids so i'm very curious to know how you rate our Oldtimer's Haze hybrids (ie Panama Haze, Haze x Kali China) vs these new hybrids using the Haze hybrids from Nevil.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread :tiphat:

The pleasure is all mine, Sir dubi;)

Here's my rundown and a few observations. First, from this last grow, Haze x Kali China is my favorite smoke, with Super Malawi haze a close second. Terps and bag appeal are all there with the Haze x KC, plus a very dependable, happy and profound high. The Super Malawi Haze has a truly excellent effect (smoking it right now, 11 AM), but not nearly as pleasing terpwise as any KC cross. Bag appeal is great if you like sandworms as much as I do;o).
Of the 3 Killer A5 plants I've grown, two were NL/Malawi leaners, and one very malawi. I can only speak for these three plants;) Again, power is there in every one of them, with a bewitching stink in the NL leaners. Quality of the high is not as inspiring and generous of heart to me as with the Oldtimer's Haze crosses, but very effective, tasty and strong, with modern Indica Hybrid bag appeal, which is to say VERY good. The very Malawi leaning phenotype is excellent, a little more mind-altering and disorienting but less stony and stinky than the Northern Lights fatties.
I find the one super malawi haze I grew to be closer to the spirit of the Oldtimer's haze crosses, without the sweet and exotic terps of Panama Haze, but with similar kindness and power.
I am glad to try anything you've got on tap, my man:biggrin: Got big hopes for the C5 x Kali China. Love dee

Dr.King

Veteran
Very good information Deepwater :tiphat:. Also nice to hear first hand info like this from a good grower such as yourself.

What's the C5 in the C5 x Kali China? Was looking for some more info on this as well. Forgot to ask Dubi a while ago :laughing:. Next grow I was thinking either SMH or A5 or Oax x Pan in my 3 x 3 x 7. Also have the C5 so need a little more info before making a decision. Thanks and happy growing all.

The pleasure is all mine, Sir dubi;)

Here's my rundown and a few observations. First, from this last grow, Haze x Kali China is my favorite smoke, with Super Malawi haze a close second. Terps and bag appeal are all there with the Haze x KC, plus a very dependable, happy and profound high. The Super Malawi Haze has a truly excellent effect (smoking it right now, 11 AM), but not nearly as pleasing terpwise as any KC cross. Bag appeal is great if you like sandworms as much as I do;o).
Of the 3 Killer A5 plants I've grown, two were NL/Malawi leaners, and one very malawi. I can only speak for these three plants;) Again, power is there in every one of them, with a bewitching stink in the NL leaners. Quality of the high is not as inspiring and generous of heart to me as with the Oldtimer's Haze crosses, but very effective, tasty and strong, with modern Indica Hybrid bag appeal, which is to say VERY good. The very Malawi leaning phenotype is excellent, a little more mind-altering and disorienting but less stony and stinky than the Northern Lights fatties.
I find the one super malawi haze I grew to be closer to the spirit of the Oldtimer's haze crosses, without the sweet and exotic terps of Panama Haze, but with similar kindness and power.
I am glad to try anything you've got on tap, my man:biggrin: Got big hopes for the C5 x Kali China. Love dee

YukonKronic

Very good information Deepwater :tiphat:. Also nice to hear first hand info like this from a good grower such as yourself.

What's the C5 in the C5 x Kali China? Was looking for some more info on this as well. Forgot to ask Dubi a while ago :laughing:. Next grow I was thinking either SMH or A5 or Oax x Pan in my 3 x 3 x 7. Also have the C5 so need a little more info before making a decision. Thanks and happy growing all.

C5 Haze... I think there’s more info in ulmw’s thread

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8606057&postcount=17

Happy Times

What a great thread!

So NL5/Haze from mid -late 90’s is one that I really have great memories of, in the aroma, flavor, and high. I got to score a bag of the Fort Collins Cough #1 which was awesome bud, and also a friend grew some from Sensi seeds that despite it being her first grow, was mouth-coating musk, mmmm

I was wondering- of the various Ace offerings, would the Killer A5 Haze be the best option to try to relive those old NL5/Haze glory days? Anything else one might want to try out?

YukonKronic

What a great thread!

So NL5/Haze from mid -late 90’s is one that I really have great memories of, in the aroma, flavor, and high. I got to score a bag of the Fort Collins Cough #1 which was awesome bud, and also a friend grew some from Sensi seeds that despite it being her first grow, was mouth-coating musk, mmmm

I was wondering- of the various Ace offerings, would the Killer A5 Haze be the best option to try to relive those old NL5/Haze glory days? Anything else one might want to try out?

Oh man you gotta go dig through the ACE website a bit... Super Malawi Haze and KillerA5 are released already but there’s going to be more soon.

I’m not sure which are available for sale if any right now but the R&D section of ACE website lists all the crosses from Neville’s work they are currently testing..
I’m sitting on Hashplant Haze x Kali China and Neville’s Haze x Panama Goddess and have 2 C5Haze x Kali China waiting to flower... the wait to get my garden schedule cleared to grow them all is absolute torture!

knuckles

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
It’s been over 9 weeks in flower now,looks like another 3-4 for sure,but looking forward to trying this cultivar as it smells so good,forgot how much I miss that hazy funk,I’ve had some deficiencies this round,but hope to dial them in next time.

Zomboy

Veteran
Look great knuckles. Mine are a few weeks into flower, ended up with 3 as i culled one mutant that wouldnt grow out of it. Going to upload the picture tonight when i get my laptop

M

Mr D

View Image View Image View Image It’s been over 9 weeks in flower now,looks like another 3-4 for sure,but looking forward to trying this cultivar as it smells so good,forgot how much I miss that hazy funk,I’ve had some deficiencies this round,but hope to dial them in next time.

She really packs on the weight in the last few weeks. I have one ready to harvest this weekend. I'm anxious to see what the dry weight will be. She is covered with big fat heavy buds.