What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal Cannabis prices

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Somebody over that way (Canada) is either over-producing concentrates or the stuff just isn't selling. I have a buddy who get's the packaged shatter (Wonka ,Supreme 91, and other brands). He was just telling me last night the price per gram has been steadily dropping. Started at $60 a gram, but now you can get single grams for the wholesale price ($25 per gram) .

It all looks great and smokes/vapes just as nice. But 90% of it has barely any smell and/or taste. I will give the extracts this......at least it's comparable to what I make can access. Any of the flowers I have seen have looked like straight trash, with that "beasters" smell. Not running the entire country down. Just saying my experience. Casue I sure as fuck know there is ton's of shit weed and concenrates here state-side.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
There is a simple explanation why the LP retail weed is garbage.

The word is called "fugazi "...... :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]CXUIPPdd8QI[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

:smoweed:

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Illegal stuff is better quality too, at least in my experience. Not sure how they fucked this up this bad.

Funnier still is that the legal places can’t seem to make a profit.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Illegal stuff is better quality too, at least in my experience. Not sure how they fucked this up this bad.

Funnier still is that the legal places can’t seem to make a profit.

That`s because the retailer is paying up the ying yang in taxes and overhead, not that I feel bad for them, because i don`t. They are just as greedy as the Government and the LP`s.

At the end of the day, as always, once the Fed`s get involved, things always go from bad to worse.

Some retailers, not all, that came into the game thinking they were going to get rich, might not even survive.

Something to think about.......:thinking:

A link in the CBC article that TM posted exemplifies how pathetic government can be. Case in point below..... :noway:

P.E.I. loses nearly $500K in first 6 months of cannabis sales :

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-cannabis-sales-first-six-months-losses-1.5203980

How fucking worthless and incompetent , while drowning in a sinkhole of a corrupt bloated beauracracy, do you have to be to lose money as a government selling weed ???

RMS

:smoweed:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
40 to 50 shops in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory

40 to 50 shops in Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory

Cops must be afraid to go there. lol

Full Story
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/legal-pot-sellers-cry-foul-mohawk-1.5216999

Legal pot sellers cry foul over shops on Mohawk reserve.

Dozens of unlicensed shops on Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory selling illegal pot products.

Staggering selection
McLeod points to the staggering selection of illegal cannabis products on offer at the unregulated shops. Oils, edibles, bags of bud weighing up to nearly half a kilogram, live plants, THC-infused slushie drinks, hash and even cannabinoid-packed shatter are boldly advertised on neon signs.

Clones for sale among other products
clones.jpg

A fraction of the price
Last week, unregulated pot shops at Tyendinaga were selling a gram of cannabis flower for as little as $3, nearly one-third the price at the Ontario Cannabis Store.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've been to Peterborough and Montreal, either side of Tyendinaga. Is the norm in all of Canada now? Any good strains?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
for shits and giggles i checked out the tokyo smoke website since there is a store near me. 3.5g of pink kush is $65. am i in the twilight zone? i dont care if it comes with a blowjob. that is outright robbery...

Nigelharris

In BC if your growing outside your plants can't be seen from the road (??)....not a problem for me (I'll be growing indoors)....4 plants can be a big yield when everything is dialed in....from what I've read (many forums), getting as many bits and pieces in place before I germ some seeds or acquire a couple clones....I have an inline fan and carbon scrubber (don't want to stink up the neighbourhood) and have my eye on a 315w CMH $300...built a 3x4x6' cabinet lined with reflective foam board.....and when are seeds going to be availiable....taking way too long....Too bad the government screwed up this legalization farce....but made me realize that if wanted descent or better cannabis I'm going to have to do this for myself....Hell, been smoking 50+ years and this is the 1st time I've had to be concerned about cannabis in my daily life.....Legalization....more like 'PROHIBITION..2.0'

i can pull 10lbs off 4plants in a 5kw room no sweat. Probably a little more. Veg them somewhere else and we are talkin like 3.3lb a month all from your legal grow for a generous 10-12 wk flower

Mr. J

I don't know about legal prices because they'll never get a fucking penny out of me. Not a chance in hell I'll be supporting the government and paying taxes on a product that, just a year ago, they were jailing people like me for growing/possessing. Now they want me to smoke, but they want to be my dealer? Lol, not gonna happen.

I would sooner walk around Rideau Street and risk a stabbing and buy my weed from a street thug. It would be better quality, more reasonably priced, and I'd probably be giving my money to less sleazy people.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't know about legal prices because they'll never get a fucking penny out of me. Not a chance in hell I'll be supporting the government and paying taxes on a product that, just a year ago, they were jailing people like me for growing/possessing. Now they want me to smoke, but they want to be my dealer? Lol, not gonna happen.

I would sooner walk around Rideau Street and risk a stabbing and buy my weed from a street thug. It would be better quality, more reasonably priced, and I'd probably be giving my money to less sleazy people.

Where you at?

Now that we can grow, there really isn't a need to buy street weed. If you live in an apartment you can ask family, friends, neighbors or anyone if you can grow 4 on their property. At least one person will let you. Especially if you offer half, or a couple hundred buck to them. If you get 2 people that's 8 plants! 8 nice plants is a part time job and a lot of work to max out.

Mr. J

Where you at?

Now that we can grow, there really isn't a need to buy street weed. If you live in an apartment you can ask family, friends, neighbors or anyone if you can grow 4 on their property. At least one person will let you. Especially if you offer half, or a couple hundred buck to them. If you get 2 people that's 8 plants! 8 nice plants is a part time job and a lot of work to max out.
I'm at 45N. Oh, believe me, I'll be growing my own. Just gearing up now for the fall. It's been a while but I'm excited about growing again for the first time in a long time.

I just chopped a couple of plants I had outside that I was light depping and had a smoke of a larfy side bud and it was better than anything I've smoked in the last 10 years.