What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Panama

Azure

A Malawi x Panama out in the wild standing at 6 feet. I put a 5 ft tall fencing around her for some deer protection.
So far so good. Lets see if she tries to bust out of this cage in the next couple of months.

MP.jpg

Attachments

• MP.jpg
    MP.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 56

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a difference after 5 weeks Azure :dance013:Give her plenty of water and feeding if you want her big big, you can expect she will start to flower in late August and stop stretching around mid September or so.

Azure

What a difference after 5 weeks Azure :dance013:Give her plenty of water and feeding if you want her big big, you can expect she will start to flower in late August and stop stretching around mid September or so.

OK Dubi. I'll try to get her big big!
Here's a clone of that MxP in a green house.
Click image for larger version  Name:	MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.4 KB ID:	17903479

Azure

Here she is at about 7 feet.
The bottom leaves have yellowed a bit. We put some organic flowering fertilizer on her for the first time today and have been using Fox Farm Organic Big Bloom throughout the grow.
What feeding schedule should I be using for this Malawi x Panama?
Click image for larger version  Name:	MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.1 KB ID:	17907760

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2060714.jpg Views:	4 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	17907762

Click image for larger version  Name:	MP2.jpg Views:	41 Size:	107.3 KB ID:	17907769

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very promising development Azure :) If she is yellowing after being planted in the soil then increase a bit NPK levels from now until passing mid flowering, it's a vigorous F1 hybrid that accepts very well higher levels of nutrients during this stage.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a resinous and dangerous looking cola FletchF.Fletch :D

Glad to see them finally starting to flower Azure :) The first one looks green enough, the second one in guerrilla may needs more nutrients and water.

Azure

What a resinous and dangerous looking cola FletchF.Fletch :D

Glad to see them finally starting to flower Azure :) The first one looks green enough, the second one in guerrilla may needs more nutrients and water.
What ferts could I increase to keep her more green? This is what I've been doing.
I've been feeding the guerilla MxP every week with a gallon Organic Tea Mix of a Flowering 3-9-4 fertilizer, Fox Farm Big Bloom, Molasses, and liquid seaweed.
I let the water sit for a day or two in a 5 gallon bucket and then load it up with the ferts and then let it brew until it get frothy.

Costa

Had the joy to grow a few MxP earlier this year. Outdoor, tropical climate, 10º N.
Sown in Bags with native soil, little bit of sand from the nearby creek and rotten wood from the Jungle. Germination rate 4/5. All 4 in good shape and after 33days they where transplanted to the garden. Not a prime spot and with little prepared soil. Ive sprinkled some bat shit and compost around the plants after transplant but besides that they didn't got a lot of attention and i just let them grow. At this stage I could see 2 phenotypes. Two of the plants showed a more stubby growth with shorter distance between the branches and broad "hybrid like" leaves(BL) while the other two where thinner, more stretched with narrow leaves(NL).
Around 45days from seed first plant(BL) showed male characteristics and shortly after a second one(NL). After their outing there was very little stretch and they stopped growing at 1.10m (BL) and 1.30m(NL) and putting all their effort in pollen production. After +/- 60days I discovered first female pistils on the broad leaf one and, again, shortly after also on the narrow leaf type. And same here, little stretch afterwards. They remained by 1m (BL) and 1.20m (NL). Around the same time the narrow leaf male got his main stem cut down in the middle by some kind of bug. I thought the remaining branches would continue to develop and hoped the plant would recover. But it did not seem to tolerate this attack and died shortly after.
The remaining BL male stood very close to the NL lady while the BL female stood a little further away. Male and female of the bl pheno alike developed a nice "lemon cream soda" smell. I assume its the Panama leaning type. Wild bees loved it and the male was briskly approached by them. Due to her close position, the NL female was fully pollinated far too early and thus never had the chance to develop good buds. The BL female, on the other hand, was only lightly pollinated and developed nice, rather compact flowers. Fortunately not too compact since it rained regularly and the humidity level never dropped below 85%. But she proved to be very resistant to it. The NL lady had to battle with some kind of fusarium like fungi and did not seem really happy in general. I just hoped that the time would be enough for the seeds to mature. There was nothing else to harvest from her anyway.
After 125 days from seed i have harvested the BL. She could have stood 10 days longer but I've found a little spot with budrot and besides the rain it now had storms as well. Nice looking, lightly seeded, buds with plenty of big crystals. Good flower to leaf ratio for this kind of variety. The cream soda scent disappeared while drying. Hope it comes back after the cure. The lemon is still present but not very loud.
Even though the Narrow leaf one suffered, she made it across the finish line and i was able to get mature seeds from her. Smell is not strong but Malawi like. Oily, spices..
Had the first testbud after 20 days. Already pretty smooth and full smoke but not a lot of taste yet. Effect was very pleasant. Not as strong as expected but still with a good punch , dreamy and long lasting. Let's see how this develops over the next few weeks.
I'll probably do a second run soon with some of the seeds produced and give them a little more attention (and nutrients) this time. Would love to try hash from it but this time harvest was too small.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback Costa Guess you grew a Malawi x Panama 5 seed regular pack, isn't ? A pitty you could only experience 1 female from this cross, true gems are easily found in this hybrid, although i prefer the fem version since it blends my elite parental plants from both highly worked sativa strains. The regular version is interesting if you are looking for males and for more clean cerebral effects in the females. The regular version is in average a bit better resistant against fungus than the feminized version. Go with the fem version if you are looking for strongest potency, highest resin production and more refined terpene profiles.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I smoked some MalPan that I've had for about 4 months or so.
got me pretty high, which is rare to me. I'm thinking it got me so high because it had been so long since I tried any.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
So glad to hear it CannaRed ;)

Three days later, and I'm still smoking it, and still actually getting pretty buzzed.
I gotta say, that this is out of the ordinary for me. Usually I will only catch a good buzz on the first time I smoked a strain in a while. Then the next time I smoke I barely notice any effect. I try to always have many varieties so I can switch it up regularly.
Not this time. I admit I'm not as high now as the other night, but I'm still getting a great buzz.
I've always heard that sativas need a long cure, but I didn't actually think the buzz would get better, I thought that was for taste. Is that what's going on here?

​​​​​

Latest posts

Latest posts