What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Icmag cup 2017 ??

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
20th would be a Thursday, since some Users had Problems rating all Bud in Time, what about starting this Cup on Monday ² Thursday? Should be enough time at all...

Any concrete Infos yet on organize?

74G

sure i will be there too to see all my IC friends... .. .

All the best till 420... .. .

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
I skip the contest .But will maybe be around for a toke on 20st dont know the agenda yet.

74G

Damn that was what i didn't want to happen but i was sure it will...
...after all the drama of last year... .. .

i'm really sad to hear that Karma but it is your choice and i respect it... .. .

All the best for all your project Karma and hope to receive soon the beans*(i know they have been sent...) to test them and i will let you know well how they are doing... .. .

And really hope to see you there... .. .

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Nothing has been solved re last year, entries missing and blatant cheating by DP and BH

Either a group of people need to take the bull by the horns and arrange it properly, or leave it.

mellofello

Chaos I think those things have been addressed by Mack

entries missing - firm deadline on entries, any received after that date won't be included. The only ones I'm aware anyone was missing were those that had to be handed out later which not everyone got. I agree having a firm deadline with no exceptions will avoid this issue as all samples will be in before any packs go out. I'm unaware of any other issues that were had that this wouldn't resolve but please correct me if I'm wrong.

people cheating - no one can vote for their own entry, other than that I'm not sure what can be done. We need to be able to rely on the judges to be honest and I don't think there is much anyone organising it can do to ensure this. Personally was not aware of the accusations of cheating and this saddens me.

I think the only suggestion I have is to perhaps go with the grower bagging their own entries before sending. It seems a large amount of the work load is a rush to get entries bagged up as they arrive. Having a firm deadline will help this I'm sure but it's still a mamouth task.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Chaos I think those things have been addressed by Mack

entries missing - firm deadline on entries, any received after that date won't be included. The only ones I'm aware anyone was missing were those that had to be handed out later which not everyone got. I agree having a firm deadline with no exceptions will avoid this issue as all samples will be in before any packs go out. I'm unaware of any other issues that were had that this wouldn't resolve but please correct me if I'm wrong.

people cheating - no one can vote for their own entry, other than that I'm not sure what can be done. We need to be able to rely on the judges to be honest and I don't think there is much anyone organising it can do to ensure this. Personally was not aware of the accusations of cheating and this saddens me.

I think the only suggestion I have is to perhaps go with the grower bagging their own entries before sending. It seems a large amount of the work load is a rush to get entries bagged up as they arrive. Having a firm deadline will help this I'm sure but it's still a mamouth task.

Mellofello, I did not see that, but I hope it is true.

The cheating issue blew up as it had skewed the entire results, not just voting up their own entries, but also downvoting rivals and attempting to influence votes as well. Nothing whatsoever has actually been done about it AFAIK.

The grower/entrant pre bagging has 2 sides. When I helped out, we opened some incredible entries, Moscaś spring to mind, they were great when they arrived, but once they had been weighed and transfered into 1g baggies, not...when I opened something that I knew was fantastic 2 days before, it was underwhelming... when I knew it was not... Entries loose smell, taste, quality being opened, separated, weighed, bagged. Also, the organisers have an incredible amount of work to do, and about 75% of that is splitting/bagging... if the entrants do this before, the work is reduced massively and the whole job is less of an ordeal...

Dr. D

Veteran
"The cheating issue blew up as it had skewed the entire results, not just voting up their own entries, but also downvoting rivals and attempting to influence votes as well. Nothing whatsoever has actually been done about it AFAIK." Not the first time this has happened either with the scoring. IMO people should be disqualified for that sort of thing.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
What we need is 5 or 10 of us to get together to form a group to run it properly, not to just expect a very hard working OP to have everything sorted out for us, or that there is an invisible council that is somehow "running" the show, that way something positive will happen, and for the best of the 420 cup

zamzia

Veteran
What we need is 5 or 10 of us to get together to form a group to run it properly, not to just expect a very hard working OP to have everything sorted out for us, or that there is an invisible council that is somehow "running" the show, that way something positive will happen, and for the best of the 420 cup

I second that motion

Blazeee

Veteran
Whats the score with the 420 cup then? What are the entry requirements, how much do you have to enter, am i able to enter the cup if i have never been before, what dates is the cup? I would really appreciate it if someone who knows could let me know please.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
33g entry, separated into 1g baggies

Yes, as a poster with some history behind them, you are welcome to enter and/or attend

18 to 20 /4 are the judging dates, you get your JP sometime on the 18th, must enter scores by about 4pm on 4/20

*some details may change, but it will all be posted here in good time. If you are wanting to enter, you will get more info in private

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
nice to see everyone getting into the mood, i'm all for having more volunteers helping out, it's just that the pack makers can't vote, so that stops some folks wanting to help that are good and organized workers. i needed a break from it last year, but be glad to help out with organizing things this time. we now know what to look out for in terms of the naming differences in the system so no self votes can be made, will also ask Skip to make it so we can add multiple entrant names if 2 peeps work together and both are judging as for the scoring, i think we should reduce the score from 1 to 10, to 1 to 5, that way there can't be such big disparity between scoring standards. further more it will be clearly written no self votes and the vote results will be checked carefully before announcing them to the public.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
nice to see everyone getting into the mood, i'm all for having more volunteers helping out, it's just that the pack makers can't vote, so that stops some folks wanting to help that are good and organized workers. i needed a break from it last year, but be glad to help out with organizing things this time. we now know what to look out for in terms of the naming differences in the system so no self votes can be made, will also ask Skip to make it so we can add multiple entrant names if 2 peeps work together and both are judging as for the scoring, i think we should reduce the score from 1 to 10, to 1 to 5, that way there can't be such big disparity between scoring standards. further more it will be clearly written no self votes and the vote results will be checked carefully before announcing them to the public.

Nice one Gaius

Anybody who wants to help or have input into what and how we do it, please speak up, get in contact with GM, some of what we talk about needs to be out of public view for security... So, please, no matter if it is help before with the rules/structure, or during the cup with organising Judges Packs and herding the cats, pipe up now :tiphat:

zamzia

Veteran
I might be able to help out. I need to see what the boss is doing work wise though as he travels a lot and I have to be at work when he is away, so no holidays. As it falls the week after Easter in the UK, I'll only have to take 4 days off work for the full week!

Big-Narstie

I'd like to enter and partake this year would be great fun. I don't mind doing some running around or any chores need doing!

I'd like to enter 3 X organic flowers.

What's the requirements for hash?

Latest posts

Latest posts