What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good LED Grow Lights available in Canada?

SmartGrow

Do you guys know of any stores (online but would like them to have a local store) that sell good quality LED grow lights? I have seen some chinese products all over the internet but don't want to take any chances with the poor build quality, etc. I would prefer to buy it from a reliable source if anyone knows where to find them?

:dance013:

blastfrompast

Veteran
Good luck, my growshop won't even consider even bringing in a demo...lol

He says the tech just isn't quite there yet....Go HID or go home essentially..

I guess he has tried various models over the years.....had issues with burning tops of foliage..etc. etc. He just doesn't want any complains he says..

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
waiting to b gifted one , I too cheap to buy one for 750 or whatever they may cost, rather buy 5-6 reg lights
TS

blastfrompast

Veteran
i dunno, i'd rather grow under a 400 and know I will get some decent meds vs trying out an expensive LED that might not work.

That being said, I have tried some LED grown bud...it was nice, but the yield was below avg according to the grower....definately a learning curve.

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
Mine are great for vegging the plants before they go into the flower room, cheap ones work just fine for it. There is no way however at this time, I would even bother using them for flowering. The HPS works fine.

Buddler

Veteran
Ebay has good ones cheap free delivery from china as they are all from there.Go on the l e d forum lots of growers using them..

icdog

Mine are great for vegging the plants before they go into the flower room, cheap ones work just fine for it. There is no way however at this time, I would even bother using them for flowering. The HPS works fine.

DevilWeedSeeds - What wattage of led would say would compare to wattage of mh or hps for vegging?
What do you like about them?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
i dunno, i'd rather grow under a 400 and know I will get some decent meds vs trying out an expensive LED that might not work.

That being said, I have tried some LED grown bud...it was nice, but the yield was below avg according to the grower....definately a learning curve.
Was it the light or the grower? A lot of unfounded controversy being brought in from the old days (e.g before LEDs).

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Newer technology, and HIGH efficiency\performance LEDs.... Plus this is the cheapest prebuilt system on the market that I know other than something thats basically chinese mass production with half the quality.

solstrip .com

troutman

Seed Whore
I noticed my local grow store had some. But I haven't tried one out yet.
I like T-5's for serious vegging and MH for the rest.

jumitoprenove

Hey man please change your thoughts about the quality problem of products that made in China. Yes it is very ture that some made in China goods are of very low quality but there is certain channels that you can get very good quality product with reasonable price. With the society developing, there have been a lot of Chinese companies providing good quality products, and they have built brands for public recognition, as well as systems to provide after-sale service, product design and development, and so on. Take lights/bulbs/lamps for example, TCL is doing a good job. You can check it on google to see whether it fits your needs. I am not here to say how good TCL is. I am just to make a point that the quality of 'made in China' has been improving.

Latest posts

Latest posts