What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

who was is Vic High

amrad

I used to be a member on the old BCGA web site and always read Vic's comments especially on genetics, the guy was a warehouse of information. And after growing a pack of their mixed seeds one summer became a huge fan of their genetics.
But always intrigued me as to who the man really was, and what became of him. He seems to have vanished, or did he morph into someone else?

amrad

ahh geez, I guess you wouldnt care to elaborate? Dont mean to be a noise parker, and certainly dont mean to interfere with his life today in anyway. Was Subcool part of bcga?
And how did he end up with their genetics? It was a group of growers no?

indifferent

Veteran
Well, sub took vic's Super Soil recipe and claimed he came up with it himself. Then 90% of sub's work uses a Space Queen male which is from Vic's work. Vic was a breeding genius, sub is a hack who relies on the work of others (vic).

H

hulkbogan

I think he got paranoid and quit the game/left the internets. Some of his choice clones/selections are still being grown on the island, romberry and orangecrush are alive and well.

I agree with you about subcool .. but at least he is keeping the genes going somewhat.

amrad

yes, his strains had a certain something, sort of reminds me of DJ stuff, very idiosyncratic. LOL Anyway as far as the man goes, I think he was at one time a botanist for the B.C. forest service, but I may be wrong. He's one of those guys that has done so much for modern cannabis breeding and is hardly recognized for his stellar achievements, I guess he left to early, he probably got sick of the politics that are involved with the now cannabis industry. Arnt we all.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I met Vic High in B.C. about 10 years ago, he gifted me seeds and a fine collection of different 'erbal representations of what he had been growing/breeding......seemed like a nice chap....I even took the Romberry seeds to Laos and gifted them to an American grower there who grew them out to great satisfaction....

I'm not sure what has happened to him......after being so vocal for so long on the internet, he seems to have faded away around 6 years ago+, and I haven't heard from him since.....would be nice to see him about again.....I remember some great posts/threads he made from the Overgrow days......

amrad

Hummm interesting Gypsy, I wonder if your American grower tried any Romberry crossed with the local strains?

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013:I Went to Vic High School Indeed :ying::tiphat:

i went to millstream elementary in langford, bout 30 min from vic high

never made it past grade 2 when i moved to mexico with my family

med-man

ortsa1

i have 1000s of old seeds of bcga strains and subcools early crosses
none labled though but would be a tressure trove for a breeder

juggo

Wasn't killer queen his? Thought the story went lonestar secured it from him.That killer queen is still one of my favs,no doubt. I know i grew some of his stuff,names escape me at the moment..must be the d-cell....but yeah his posts were legend at og.

peace,
juggo

bigbag

Veteran
Prick High was a self righteous, condescending, class 1 A- hole... love that fool to show his face around here ! you out there, Prick High ??? we had a pissing match way back when, and he said I reminded him of himself when he was 21 ( and I happened to be 21 @ the time ;) ) now I ask...how technical is it to hit a Romulan cut with a C99 male ? esp 15 years ago when there were few seedsters in the game

Last edited: