What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'08 Coco & soil Bigbud/White rhino+Widow grow.

thc43

Veteran
New Years grow here people.

2x 35litre pots of canna pro soil
2x 35litre pots of canna coco, 4 pots scrogged under area of 1.2m x 3m Under 3x standard 600wt hps ballasts.

FED
Canna coco Nute starting ec 1.4ec.flower onwards 2.4ec.
Rhizotonic/ Zym/and Pk starting week 5 12/12. 1.6ec of PK topped up to 2.4ec with the coco nute.

Setup
4x pot/= 16x dripper run2waste from 200litre res coco and soil grow.

Triaining Y/ Scrog 1.2m x 3m plant height 25cm to netting

Strains
White rhino, white widow, Bigbud

Drippers, below the screen and a messy floor

1st day of the year isnt a bad way to start my first attempt at a grow diary hear at icmag. Abig hello & a "Happy New Year" to all hope everyone had a night to remember with or without Mary Jane.

Heres my latest grow 4 plant scrog garden in my bloom room scrogged using 1inch netting accross the whole room 1.2m x 3m the biggest scrogg if grown. Using 35 litre pots of Coco x2 and canna pro soil for the first time. First impressions of the soil was that it looked to have alot of coco in it so i would feed as per coco and could get away with a trial side by side using the same feeds. Plants in the soil look just like ones in coco at week 5/ flower, not faster, healthier better looking roots, less bug resistant or proform less than coco sofar it looks like a very good medium to use if coco isnt you choice.,

So far we have vegged some clones a mixed bunch of Bigbud, white rhino and white widow under 4foot flouros for about 10 days until roots had evenly filled there small cup of coco/ soil, using the 4 stronger/ bigger root systems for this grow.

1st/1st, upto date today at day35 /week 5 of flower.

The canopy looks pretty good after a light trim, ive just finnish trimming lower branches of any wispy or weak growth to help air flow below the screen on thse really hot days. temp & RH maxed out at 40c/50rh below recently adding a second oscilating fan evened the temps to within a couple of C' and simular RH helps air flo does little to lower temps :puppydoge A small A/C unit set to come on above 30c tries its hardest to lower temps but when its 44c outside/ before comming invent best it can do is about 7 to 10 c lower inside the grow box with lights on. lights off the A/C works well switching on and off a few times through the day time keeping the grow room at or below 30c..

Flower day 35 scrog grow above the screen

:lurk:

:rasta:

close ups of the buds at day 38. :joint:

This time next week once the buds have matured alittle more i should be able to pick the strains more easily :nono: W.Widow + Big.Bud are there for sure but i see a rhino in that hedge :muahaha:..

sit back and watch this lot finish flowering with me looks to be down hill from here no issues to speak of alittle heat burn here and there shedding a few lower leaves( will increase ec at week at 2.8ec with PK). Week 5 to 6 i use Pk in my res for 10 to 14 days, rhizo 2ml per litre, zym2.5ml, with Ro water i get 0.3ec. PK Upto 1.6ec then Canna coco nute to 2.4ec. Ph was alittle harder to lower with this amount of PK over 2ml/ litre but got it pretty good at 6.0 up from 5.8.

:wave:

G

guest5703

Allllright!!! A real good grow using coco and canna products! And your are experimenting with two different mediums excellent!!! Great work so far dude you really setup a nice grow. I love all the info you have and the nutrient schedule your working with looks awesome.

How much did you end up trimming from the lower growth? IMO I've never done scrog though but I would totally get rid of anything below the screen so that it's just stalks under there? Then it would look really cool, and I wouldn't expect much bud from down there anyway would you? Like I said I've never done scrog so this is just my thoughts about it...

keep it up man I am bookmarking this and will be with you til harvest :lurk:

PEACE

thc43

Veteran
hEY there Caligreen,

:joint:

this is about my 4th scrog grow using stretching sativas/ hybrids, i learnt early in the peice it pays to remove ALL lower growth. If the lower growth doesnt get any light the leaves will in time eventually drop off anyways and often look deficient producing nothing but fluffy bud that looks under done..

So far this grow has had little attention compared to my last with many plants at differing stages of flower. just refilled the res and replaced the odd blocked dripper when ec levels got alittle high when i dosed with PK 2.0ec of coco nute upto 2.8 with PK using 0.0 ro water, plants didnt suffer at all just alittle salt build up nothing the weekly flush didnt fix.

Finally my high outside day time temps are finally below 40c to mid to low 30c, but have noticed alittle more mid flower stretch over past grow of Bigbud/ white rhino certinly light off heat related but im sure my res temps didnt help ( stuck res mix pump timer). White widow will finnish a week later than other straINS going by how she looks today but still a decent strain.

with about 3 weeks togo im planning my next grow likley a sog 4x pots per light = 12 plants . have clones of all strains rooted and ready togo passed on a few widows to a mate and gave a few back to original grower that doesnt keep mums. will need to slow veg the youngins under flouro until harvest of the flowering plants feeding 1.4ec single part hygen coco grow nute there growing faster than i want.. but not a huge drama will keep ec low and tip to keep plants from stretching too much..

Ok time to check on my babies..

thc43

Veteran
:asskick: cuts fed and in need of a transplant, one watering every 24 hours just isnt enough cups where all bone dry again todaY so will be watering morning and night until i get around to repotting/ . The canna pro soil seems to be a good choice for my next grow plants grew as good if not slightly better than in coco in current.. although it is alittle hard to judge after only one grow with mixed strains :nono: .

white rhino on the left and a ?? mystery plant(prob a WW)

clones all 3 strains numbered/ labled this time:spank:

White widows 6 days from cutting with first roots showing through the coco base layer, first watering today of rhizotonic only no discolouring so i wont folia spray/ feed just yet.

G

guest5703

Alright man tight way to do the clones! Let the roots just continue to grow into the coco below. Do you keep a top over them and usually have 100% humidity or.....? I found that 100% humidity during cloning doesn't work well for me like I thought it did in the past. I am going to try like 80% or something if I can.

I bet the buds are coming along nicely, I wonder why no one else has posted? Just laggers they'll catch on I suppose ;) Keep up the good work, nice info with the EC and everything, PEACE

killabrown420

Stellar grow man! They all look very healthy in all stages of life. I've scrogged a few times and always had excellent results. sounds dirty but it's not :p Yield will be very good this round for you...plus it looks like you have the next batch all ready to go

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent work :yes:

Thats a mean 4 plants you have there :D

Have you noticed much growth difference between the coco and soil?

G

guest5703

Have you noticed much growth difference between the coco and soil?

Anyone who switches from soil to coco will notice the difference. The roots expand more making the plant expand more. Sorry for answering on your thread thc! Good work lets see some more, PEACE

hurricane

Nice grow, some good looking stuff in there. I particularly like your cloning method, looks like you diced up the GroDan Delta cubes, and buried them about halfway down in a bed of clean coco? Assuming you are using a lid to keep in the humidity somehow, probably going to be copying the idea soon :)

Hurricane