What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aloe/water foliar spray during flowering...?...

This is my first time growing...All my plants are around 5+ weeks into flowering....

Just curious if it's safe to give them a foliar spray/rinse with water and aloe? Or just water alone?

Where I live the humidity is pretty low during the day still (15% to 25%) with temps in the 80s, so I figure there isn't much risk for mold/fungi/rot, the plants dry off pretty quickly.

Some of my plants are already frosted...Will a mild aloe solution harm the trichomes or the aroma/taste? I won't be spraying the buds directly but no doubt they'll get wet.

I've given them a foliar spray with aloe once a week or so through out the summer while they were in veg but I stopped since they've been forming buds....I mostly want to do this just to give my plants a good "rinse down" before they're deeper into flowering/closer to harvest and before the air is cooler & more moist.

It's really dusty around my area and there's been a lot of smoke in the air this summer from fires...so my plants have a decent bit of dust and air borne crap built up on them.

.....is giving the plants a "rinse" like this something really silly and pointless to do(?). They look so much greener when their leafs aren't caked in dust/ash/etc lol.

I've seen some folks claim that they foliar feed all through out flowering....others claim that once the plants start to form buds that they should never ever be sprayed with anything....

So...just wondering what ya'll have to say...and if a mild aloe solution is ok?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It sound like your plants are outdoors. If this is correct, there should be no reason that you cannot spray your plants with Aloe water. As a matter of fact, if I were an AG advisor, I would recommend it. I would also advise that you spray during the heat of the day so that the majority of, if not all of, the spray is dried before night fall.

For some excellent info regarding foliar applications of nutrients, check out this site.

Bona Fortuna

I definitely would spray the foliage with aloe water.
I, personally, wouldn't spray them with aloe water during the day or past a certain point in flowering.

You could also rinse your buds during harvest. You'd be surprised with the crap that comes out.

BerrySeal

It sound like your plants are outdoors. If this is correct, there should be no reason that you cannot spray your plants with Aloe water. As a matter of fact, if I were an AG advisor, I would recommend it. I would also advise that you spray during the heat of the day so that the majority of, if not all of, the spray is dried before night fall.

For some excellent info regarding foliar applications of nutrients, check out this site.

Come on, don't troll. If it evaporates, what good is it doing the plant? Spraying at daytime is just gonna get them hot.

I use a very fine atomizer so there's no large molecules that refuse to absorb.

Latest posts

Latest posts