What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w MH Organic FIM

NeDank

Quick catch up on the progress I'm currently at day 13.

Setup:

Strain Wild Thailand Ryder
400w MH
Hours 24/0
Soil mix - Peat moss, Sea food compost, Vermiculite, Perlite
3 Gallon smart pots (fabric)
5' x 4' x 2' grow tent

I may have to top or tie these down early on because the tent is small in height. Last run with other genetics I had to suppercrop in flower and it didn't do so well. Got some nice buds out of em but I think topping or tie down might be better. So that is what we will do.

Pics: Day 2

picture.php

picture.php

The plant at the back right is actually a hot pepper plant I have been growing since January. It was quite big (took up most of the tent) and provided 2 harvest of nice hot peppers shaped like a banana. Just recently cut it way back to ground level so this grow could happen.

NeDank

Day 8

Fertilizer
Biothrive grow calmag and liquid kelp

about 3 tablespoons each per 2 1/2 to 3 gallons water

This one is my favorite it has some crinkled leaves idk why but i like it.

picture.php

Overview

picture.php

not much to update this week but all seems to be going well. Plants got their first feeding today pretty low dose but still will help

NeDank

One of my plants looks like its leaves are drying out and dying off. Not sure what is causing this as it gets the same conditions as the other plants and they are thriving.

The soil is moist just under the surface so it isnt too dry. idk what to do

Almost time to top the biggest plant too.

Heres a pic of the sick plant

picture.php

Sorry for the bad quality i cant take close ups vary well with this cam. It sucks at bud shots too.

NeDank

I figured out the problem after inspecting the plants today. It was fertilizer burn. The leaves were crispy like with chemical nute burn. Seen this before with photoperiod plants before switching to organics. I must have added too much sea food compost to the mix for that pot. Honestly didn't think that kind of compost was strong enough to burn so I didn't pay attention. Today the plant was pulled up and thrown away and started soaking some Dart autoflower seeds from Dashadow. They are supposed to be smaller autos like the original lowryder was. Hopefully it will do ok. Today is also topping day both of the bigger plants got topped at node 4. I tried to fim one of them we shall see if it works.

NeDank

Day 13

Well another week has passed and this grow is moving along well. So far everything looks healthy except the pepper plant. It could probably use a higher dose of ferts but it will be fine for now.

On with the pics

First up Dart babies
picture.php

Next is a crappy close up of the fim I did on one of the plants it looks like its doing what it is supposed to
picture.php

Here you can see the branch structure of a WTR
picture.php

Overview
picture.php

NeDank

Trimmed some of the original fan leaves today to open the branches to light. Everything seems to be growing uniformly.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are nice and branchy!
What is the genetics of WTR? Is it literally wild cannabis seeds you found in Thailand?

NeDank

Plants are nice and branchy!
What is the genetics of WTR? Is it literally wild cannabis seeds you found in Thailand?

Hi blynx thanks for stopping by. I don't know the actual genetics behind WTR. Here is what the seedbank says

Wild Thailand Ryder is a cross between a pure strain from the islands of the Ko Chang archipelago (Thailand) with one of the highest THC levels in the world and a Ruderalis.
Crossing with an excellent Cannabis Ruderalis specimen over several generations through backcrossing produces a strain with Asian sativa characteristics that is programmed to flower automatically.
Wild Thailand Auto can be grown indoors or outside where she can easily expected to reach a height of 150cm, or more. As flowering is not dependent on photoperiod, she can be grown at any time of the year though the better the climatic conditions, the higher the yields.
A good tip for growing outdoors is to sow when the good weather starts and again a few days before harvesting the first batch to give us two crops a year. Some growers do more than two although unfavourable climatic conditions usually mean these additional harvests tend to be less productive.
Indoors we recommend 20 hours of light and 4 hours’ darkness during the whole cycle.
This strain is very strong with a highly euphoric, almost exhilirating, effect that can be highly medicinal. The taste and aroma, like her ancestor, is citrussy floral with a hint of incense.

NeDank

Day 20

All the plants look healthy! I think I might need to water more often as the girls are taking more than half a gallon each watering. Other than that everything seems fine. Oh yeah and the fim worked great on both WTR's. This was my first ever attempt at fiming and it totally works with autos.

On to the pics

Top view of the fim
picture.php

Side view of WTR both are pretty much the same height
picture.php

Here is how the Dart's are doing
picture.php

Overview
picture.php

Neither of the WTR have shown sex yet but they are fem seed so they should be female.

NeDank

I found the first female pistal today! yay!! Did a bit of defoliating today may have over done it as im new to this but hope it turns out alright.

NeDank

Sorry for the delay in this update I'm a day late. Today is day 28! WTR are starting stretch and pistals are becoming more abundant. Dart is doing well as well putting on some amazing growth in the past week. I dont see any sign of gender as of yet. Both seem to be doing well maybe a bit of over ferting on the WTR not sure though. Whats your opinions I'd love to hear any insight you may have.

On to the pics

WTR
picture.php

WTR
picture.php

Dart
picture.php

Overview
picture.php

NeDank

Decided to do another update to show the defoliation and how the plants were rearranged to fit better under the light.

Overview

picture.php

Structure

picture.php

NeDank

Check out my new haul. Ordered 3 they sent 4 plus 2 freebies BCN Critical XXL auto and Herbies bulk Jack Herer auto fem. I'm planning on breeding these dark devil autos with auto Dart. Maybe even do a backcross. I'd love to have a purple auto in male/female regular type seeds. Heres for hoping I get purple ones.

picture.php

I plan on planting these after the current run with WTR is done.

Last edited:

NeDank

Today is day 34! Feed time for the plants was yesterday. They drank almost 3 gallons collectively. Everything is looking good.

On with the pics

As you can see I had to supper crop this one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NeDank

I was in checking on the plants as I usually do and it look like the darts are starting to preflower. If i'm right I have 3 females and one male but it may be to early to tell. Next update it should be more apparent. The suppercroped WTR grew back straight up over night so I suppercroped it again. We'll see if it stays this time. Also did some light defoliation on the darts to open the light to the inner bud sites.

Last edited:

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Yeah I remember reading bout shadows Dart a few years back on udg, interested in how they yield for you. Good luck.