What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Still Alive After All These Years!

B

bigganjabud

Just wonder if anyone else has noticed that

A) a lot of people ain't on here anymore

B) a lot of old posts been wiped

C) Nuff people got banned and guest under there names

D) if it ain't true why ain't the usual lot cranking out diarys like they used to?

Just to add this ain't a reference to the people keeping the blood flowing throughout the icmag veins

But

WHERE IS EVERYBODY

FUCK IT ROLL CALL ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS I CHALLENGE YOU TO HELP BUILD THIS SITE BACK TO THE GLORY DAYS PEOPLE

YOUR ICMAG NEEDS YOU

BE MORE ENGAGING, START NEW THREADS, LIKE MORE PICS AND COMMENTS, SHARE YOUR PICS AND PROVE TO EVERYONE THEY CAN DO IT TOO

COME ON PLEASE HELP ME PROVE TO US ALL THAT GANJA REALLY IS THE HEALING OF THE NATION AND IS ACTUALLY THE ONE THING THAT BINDS US

ALL LIVES MATTER CEPT MAYBE THAT SATIVA THAT'S BEEN IN FLOWER FOR 18 WEEKS AND LOOKS LIKE IT COULD EASY GO ANOTHER 6 HAHAHAHA

NOW ICMAG PLEASE UNITE AND ENGAGE MORE PEOPLE IT'S ALL ABOUT US AND THE PLANTS NOW SHARE YOUR VIEWS/NEWS/SENCE OF HUMOR/EXPERIENCE WHAYEVER BUT PLEASE LET'S SEE MORE COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY SPIRIT

AFTER ALL THAT'S WHAT THIS IS A COMMUNITY

@MODS PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME IF IT HAS UPSET ANYONE BUT COME ON YOU LOT MUST BE AWARE OF THE FLOW OF MEMBERS AND CONTENT AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NOW AND ABOUT 3-4 YEARS AGO

ALSO @THE VETERANS PLEASE CONTINUE TO GO INTO EXTRA DETAIL IN YOUR POSTS AS WE NEED NEW STICKYS AS SOME OF THE ONES I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR SEEM TO HAVE BEEN DELETED, AND PLEASE START HELPING WITH THE NEWER GROWERS

WE NEED THIS TO CONNECT US ALL IN THESE ATTROCIOUS TIMES THE PLANET SEEMS TO BE IN
SO LET'S ALL MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE

NAMESTAE

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I think some of it has to do with the work required to upload pics to the site. Granted , the process helps protect people's anonymity. But in a fast paced world of impatient people , nobody wants to wait any longer than a few seconds.

I will always call this place home. All other sites I post at are always second to icmag. This is my social network. If there was a way admin could make uploading pics faster, maybe many would return and less would leave. Maybe not though, lol.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I think a lot has to do with Trump being elected. I have noticed the same. We used to have great sense of community, and talked a lot. I am more worried about what I post.

B

bigganjabud

I think some of it has to do with the work required to upload pics to the site. Granted , the process helps protect people's anonymity. But in a fast paced world of impatient people , nobody wants to wait any longer than a few seconds.

I will always call this place home. All other sites I post at are always second to icmag. This is my social network. If there was a way admin could make uploading pics faster, maybe many would return and less would leave. Maybe not though, lol.

Your one of the people I was talking about who keep the green blood pumping

And @locdog I hear ya but tbh I think he's a bit more pre occupied with nukes and shit tbh

WelderDan

Veteran
I think a lot has to do with Trump being elected. I have noticed the same. We used to have great sense of community, and talked a lot. I am more worried about what I post.

Nah, maybe a small percentage, but most of it can't be attributed to Trump being elected.

Now the entire political atmosphere has definitely gone to shit in the last couple years, but I don't think that has caused much more than a small percentage of the problem either.

I have noticed a lot more ban hammers being dropped. While the majority of that has to do with TOS violations, a lot of those people were being, shall we say, obnoxious. We can all be passionate about certain subjects, but face it, we had some real assholes running amok. No need to name names.

People have lives. Jobs, family, things to do. I usually drop by once or twice a day, but I may go weeks without making a post. Sometimes I'm just too tired to engage. Sometimes I don't see anything I want to comment on. Sometimes I see things I know I should just steer clear of because my inner asshole will take over.

I don't think it has to do with any one particular thing. It's the ebb and flow of life itself.

B

bigganjabud

Nah, maybe a small percentage, but most of it can't be attributed to Trump being elected.

Now the entire political atmosphere has definitely gone to shit in the last couple years, but I don't think that has caused much more than a small percentage of the problem either.

I have noticed a lot more ban hammers being dropped. While the majority of that has to do with TOS violations, a lot of those people were being, shall we say, obnoxious. We can all be passionate about certain subjects, but face it, we had some real assholes running amok. No need to name names.

People have lives. Jobs, family, things to do. I usually drop by once or twice a day, but I may go weeks without making a post. Sometimes I'm just too tired to engage. Sometimes I don't see anything I want to comment on. Sometimes I see things I know I should just steer clear of because my inner asshole will take over.

I don't think it has to do with any one particular thing. It's the ebb and flow of life itself.

Very valid point

I think a lot has to do with Trump being elected.
I have noticed a decline in activity in the last few months. I haven't been around long enough to know if it's significant or just a seasonal thing. Sometimes I do feel like I've jumped on board a sinking ship.

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
many people who where in states that where turning legal blew up and simply don't have the time and/or don't need anything so they have no desire to contribute

others located to legal states where you don't need an online source for information or socialization

mainstream legal seems to bring out the shallow and superficial part of many people, seems most people where really just about the money all along

I'm over it money is its own Pandora's box so while I hope they find what they are looking for many won't do anything but further abstract themselves from the real problem.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lulz...the orange one has nothing to do with it.

The mag has been in decline for a long time. Peaked out years ago.

Most users online was 5,213 on 6-23-2010
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

I'm a newbie but I enjoy this site. I'm appreciative of all the information veteran growers have made available to someone like me. I started out just reading threads, trying to figure out my plan of action, and eventually joined. I stop by a few times a day to see what's up and I enjoy the competitions/contests offered and I like the journal feature. So, from a newbie to all you veteran growers, past and present, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

P.P.

packerfan79

Veteran
I am here this is my chosen spot. Instagram.may be responsible for the lack of grow logs , instant pictures no reading involved. Legalization means more big growers are getting out of the game, or working for others who probably don't want employees putting information out their.

A

acridlab

alot of ppl cashed out on icmag readers, "us", got loot and bounced, too
they were never loyal,

bastards...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I think for many as soon as they go heavy on IG they just drop off here.
I was scared to document my NY growing on IG and felt like IC was "safer"
than youtube or IG because of the picture hosting.

I prefer reading threads to cruising IG though. I really miss the content from the west coast especially the skilled outdoor growers.

saw tesserackt on IG the other day and his outdoor looked stellar, asked about his thread here and he claimed a beef with mods or something, said he wouldn't be back.

I think this forum is kind of out of touch from the reality of US weed growers now.
seeds are easy to get from US sources in the post and increasingly easier to buy face to face at all the events and dispensaries in med and rec states.

not so many people need all the stealth and I suspect this forum will continue to lose US interest in the future as we get more freedom to grow here.
seems to still be very popular with east EU here though.

as long as I have decent buds to display I'll prolly stick around.
picture.php

picture.php

zif

Veteran
I've been content to lurk for many years, as the site has almost always had plenty of great content. It feels in part like that content is still going, but is just much harder to find. But it also really seems to be time for those of us who value icmag to put up, not shut up.

I wish there were fewer categories, and especially layers of categories. Sometimes a thread not quite fitting a category made it much more interesting than everything always being a perfect fit. Another effect is that it seems like fewer threads can even catch the attention of users with very different perspectives.

It's possible that this is just a sign that cannabis really is 'maturing', and the big arguments are simply settled. I don't know.... Sam doesn't need to convince anyone that terpenes matter any more, for example.

B

bigganjabud

A lot of l and tbh enough talking point to be able to start a few new threads but I've allready started this so il just say

Everyone who has Contributed so far hasn't disagree or dissappear so a big old monster shout out to everyone who puts in aswell as just finds knowledge

Tbh I've met a couple of people from here and we are all maybe a bit paranoid but we all really do have the same interest

I hope the times are a changing like Dillon or higag said lol

Seriously if I've met anyone just know your the reason I've still got faith in humanity

Bgb adding my 2c/p

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well, it is summer time right now, and historically, throughout ICMAG's 14 years of existence we have seen less traffic during the summers. People go on holiday and/or are just too darn busy with their gardens to post as much as they do during the colder months. Also, as already stated in this thread there are many more places on the net these days for peeps to post pics and stories than there ever were, so that does have an effect.
All the same, I am still seeing members posting something here every minute or two usually, so we are busy enough for the time of year.
ICM has always been a well moderated site, so the ban hammer has to come out quite often to keep the peace for the common good, and keep the discourse on track...

It's real nice to see the loyalty expressed by many members to the site, who have been with us thru thick and thin, and still seem to be able to contribute interesting, informative and entertaining content...

Thanks guys/gals.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny and a bit sad hearing Trump blamed for Icmag's decline. No, his spray tan and Keebler Attorney General did not do this. Still plenty of activity here to keep me entertained, but yeah a little more would be better still.

I would guess pot forum sites are in decline across the board. Less forbidden and more accessible pot and pot info now equals less interest in a pot forum is all I can come up with.

You want what you can not have or easily get. When it is all over the place you look for the next thing that is hard to come by.