What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female Seeds C99

DoDad

Mine definitely smells too, starting to be able to smell a potent fruit smell. It's more of a citrus/ pineapple. Can't put my finger on it for sure yet though.

I've only ran one pack of fs c99 so I am far from an expert. I picked this strain because multiple people on this forum and others, claimed it was low order and had an upbeat sativa high. I've found both to be the case.

Some claim there are two Phenos in the FS version, one more indica leaning. I did see one plant out of the 4 seeds that seemed to grow shorter with wider leaves and tighter internodes than the others, and I so cloned it and ran it a couple of times to see if I could tell any difference along side with the taller lanky phenos. They claim there are two different smelling/tasting phenos. A pineapple and a grapefruit.

I didn't notice any difference in smell or buzz between any of them, so I opted to keep the largest producing pheno and I have been running that same pheno ever since.

Really, the only time I smell much of anything is if I am drying a very large amount or decarbing. I grow 8 small plants in a small tent in a small apartment and nobody is the wiser. I do have a filter. I clone and veg for 30 days in my clothes closet without any filters at all and I never smell anything.

I haven't run Mosca's c99 or any other c99 to compare. While some people "complain" or at least comment that my weed doesn't smell strong or even like weed, nobody complains about the effect.

I don't think anybody believes the FS c99 version is exactly the same as the original brothers grimm but instead, a hybrid using the original BG as a base. I also have never read a bad review of FS c99 and after running and smoking it, eating it, and vaping it for over a year, I see why. It stones the shit out of you, grows easy, finishes under 40" @ 60 days and is very low odor. No crash, no ceiling and no tolerance build up, the seeds were cheap, good shipping and well supported. What's to hate?

One other thing I might add that I learned. Some of the real diehard C99 lovers comment about paranoia and heart racing. They are usually talking about Mosca's Bx1, the Joey's weed version and for sure the original brothers grimm. If you google c99 paranoia, references to this are not hard to find.

While it hasn't been excessive for me with this FS c99 version , sometimes I do feel a bit of that heart racing effect, and especially if I smoke this in very high concentrations of trichromes.

If for example, you take some shake from the bottom of a big old bag of buds, and load up a bowl thinking you are hot shit, you might find yourself wishing you had a little leaf in there, as it will seriously fuck you up in ways you might not think comfortable.

On a side note: I've also ran Female Seeds Sex Bud. It's this original FS c99 bred with a pineapple pheno. FSeeds calls it the "Enhanced version" of this C99 I run now.

Personally, I didn't like Sex Bud nearly as well, and why I only run the original FS c99. It's famous for a reason.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the warning! I have had stuff that made me feel like I was having a panic attack once, I know the feeling. How do you feel it yields DoDad? A lot people say it doesn't yield that great but then some things I have read say it can be a high yielder. Maybe just depends on pheno and training? I mean a lot of people say the Goji Og doesn't that great but I got a pretty decent amount being that it was just one plant. But I also super cropped like crazy and spread her out in a scrog net ;)

DoDad

Wow thanks for the warning! I have had stuff that made me feel like I was having a panic attack once, I know the feeling. How do you feel it yields DoDad? A lot people say it doesn't yield that great but then some things I have read say it can be a high yielder. Maybe just depends on pheno and training? I mean a lot of people say the Goji Og doesn't that great but I got a pretty decent amount being that it was just one plant. But I also super cropped like crazy and spread her out in a scrog net ;)

It shouldn't be a problem with the panic attack unless you over do it.

I don't have a problem getting 1 gram per watt which I think is about all you can ask. This is with a 14 days to root the clone, a 30 day veg and a 60 day flower cycle.

Most lovers of this strain seem to agree, while it doesn't do anything exceptionally well, it does pretty much everything very well. It's a wake and bake strain for sure. Not great for sleep.

As you know super cropping is key to bigger yields and this strain super crops very well. It's also very hermie and heat resistant.

One thing I did notice I thought unusual. It's hard to get any amber trichromes. I don't know if it's my growing method or something else but I chop around that 60 day number if they amber up or not.

sherm

Does any one have or tried any c99 from BC BUD DEPOT ? Does anyone know what feno they use ?? I got a pack of fem c99 them . they are looking great . I have 5 clones that are a few weeks into flowering and a mother that has been going since September 2015she bushed up really nicely . I topped and topped and topped some more . I even did a little super cropping . then I chopped all but a few main branches and flowered it with the others . I cant wait to try it . . I gave a few clones to my brother n law . he has the them out side . they are only about 12/ 14 inches tall . they al have only single leafs and has not been topped . he planted them outside to late in the year . they are budding lollipop style , one long bud she is beautiful ....

Sherm, i grew bcbd version. I got a 20 pack fem and they were all identical, pretty uniform strain. I didnt keep it around becuse of the bud structure. What do you need to know?

Its good for personal
Tastes great
Really trippy high
Tastes and smells like pineapples
Fast finisher
Nute sensitive
Fluffy bud structure
Low end yeilder
Squat plant (mine finished about 3ft)

DoDad

I want to add something I forgot. This is about the enhanced version of this C99 called sex bud.

One thing Female Seeds claims is that Sex bud finishes even faster than the regular FS c99 at 8 weeks. FS claims by about a week.

When I ran SB along side the regular FS c99, the Sex did indeed finish sooner and by a week or more than the regular c99. It wasn't even close. It's faster to fully ripen, no question.

But, I also found SB gave me cotton mouth worse than the regular c99 and in spite of it's claims to be an sex enhancer, I didn't find sex any better or worse. I did find that it grew very uniform.

It is faster for sure, but my pheno was lower yielding and gave me dry mouth so I gave up on SB.

sherm

Hey Teddyjonez
can you make the c99 grow bigger buds ? super cropping and so forth ?.
I am a few weeks into flowering and I have been abusing the hell out of them . I chopped all the bottoms limbs and left the 4 main or so .(I chopped them all at the same time ) I know now I should have left them alone . they all look great but not much meat on the bone . the mother has been growing since September of last year . .I flowered her at the same time as the others .for the mother I am running out of head room now , she is about 5ft . I think she has stopped stretching. I also chopped her all at once to keep just the mains ,hoping to make the buds get fatter.
How many weeks did yours take to finish . I actually forgot how many days mine have been flowering . .
I am planning on giving them dry kool bloom on the next feeding . I have been given them the liquid for a while now .
Is it worth keeping or is there better (breeders other than BC )
I have been wanting to grow this for a long time .Ever since over grow when old nimby was growing it . He claimed it was the holy grail .lol.
thanks for the info Teddyjonez . If you have any more advice , please let me have it !!!thanks again.
SHERM !!

I'm definitely getting a pineapple smell now. Actually smells a little like haze too.
On. Seed finder it describes it as having dense colas so maybe depends on pheno and wattage.

This is my current setup. Not sure why the picture kept loading upside down. Cindy is in the middle. The plants in the corners ( Goji's and a DP blueberry) were all 3 feet tall from the base of the stem so I had no choice but to scrog them ;)

Key to this strain is to grow it tree style with no manipulations to the top branches (no fimming, topping, etc.) Do a longer veg with fewer plants, that alone will increase yield.. You want big, healthy roots and thick stems to achive big buds and young plants in soil will never produce the same as a mature plant. I recomend using voodoo juice, pirahna juice etc.. Use 3-5 gallon squat pots for flower with plenty of light, fans, and fresh air.
As for the liquid and dry cool bloom id move away from the salt based nutes into an organic line. Dry cool bloom is for ripening (8 week on if you push them 10 i assume) if i was using salt based nutes id probably flush that entire period, no?
I took my bcbd version 10 weeks, ran it along their strawberry cough, god bud, and jack herer
I recomend the original from brothers grim although i found a keeper from mosca i keep around
Hope this hepls brother

sherm

Hey Teddyjones
what do you mean by bud structure ?
I will try brother grim next time . I tried the jack and I loved it . it wasn't much to look at but man was it potent.
I am running co2 also . I just ran out yesterday and need to get another bottle . the last time I got it from this place the lady asked me what I was using it for . I don't remember what I told her any idea what I could say im using it for . the place is a welding supply .

Sherm, i meant the density on the bud. Almost if not all bcbd's gear is like that.. You find a rare pheono here and there but you always get those loose buds that as you said "arent the greatest to look at but man they get you high". Fem seeds etc are awesome for personal meds and you get mass volume but nothing compaired to the commercial cuts as far as bag appeal is concerned
If you feel edgy about the co2 just start picking it up from your local hydroponics store

Barret, interesting looking c99.. All the ones i grow lean very indica, the exact opposite of your plants. You also say weak potency and no taste.. This isnt the c99 for me, thats for sure. Thanks for the heads up brother

sherm

Hey TeddyJonez
I see what you are saying about structure now . they are airy ,not real dense and they are not really big either . I like getting fem seeds because I don't have to waste time hunting a female .
I went to change out bottles a few hours ago , no problems . I even checked on getting a lager bottle . the tall one I guess about 4ft tall .To set it up with a lease on the bottle and everything is about $120 and $20 to refill .I think I will get the larger bottle next time.
I normal don't use kool bloom but wanted to try it out . I heard good things about it . I use flora nova nutrients .very easy to use . .
You mention get beans from brother grim . can I just do a search on brother grim and get the site ? could u give me a link .