What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The BroomRoom...

Miraculous Meds

What is a lithop?

I thought pics were supposed to be small so they don't take long to load, and u can just tap on them to enlarge them any way right?

SmellyFlorist

@ Miraculous Meds... Thanks for those tips, got the scope out, its a 30loop, I plucked off two fan leaves off two different plants, one badly damaged, the other one not so bad. Fuck i had a good look, took bout 5mins to find a "mite", the scopes not super strong, "mite" was translucent, and its not a spider mite[had em before] and they move about with a bit of place for their lil size... Im pretty sure they broad mites, u thought by my pics right away the were, just makes sense, Iv also had this problem since july, so bout 4months, its fucking depressing. I came across many stationary ones[dead?hav sprayed three times already] I saw bout 60%"floaters" the rest where active...... fuck, they still alive. I thought I was over feeding with the fish emulsion at first, plants clawed, and it super rich in N. Thing was I was spraying when I flushed the mums, coz I was freaking! I couldnt afford to loose shit....
And that kept me thinking I was messing up with the feeding...
These clones are a BB cheese cross with CC sour diesel...
Its a real lanky sativa leaning pheno, that Iv flowered only once, But it was the best of the lot I had... cat piss funk to it...
Brah Iv got nooo problem with long winded intros or replys... hope you dont either.....lol
Jeeebus sounded like you went through hell before finding the root of the problem, and then dealing with it.... sounds like a task of note!! What must be done though I guess...
Iv had a look at the local nurseries and they mostly all stock one main brand of everything, that produces pesticides, fungicides etc.. I have never seen avid or floromite in the country I stay, no ones heard of it either. Iv been using a spray thats active chemical is pyrethoid, its does say you must where gloves, toxic to fish an bees, but like honestly, health an safety has never actually reached where I stay... shit gives a fucking head ache of note....
Thanks for noting ladys thread... Il have to pop in there a have a read.
Sorry :smoke out: so after checking with the scope like u advised, and identifing a pest of some sort, and many of the same type which seemed dead, I decided to begin another spray cycle[ got nothing else at the mo to bangs these things with, sum actions better than none?] I slighty stronger mix, still to bottles direction, and gave a proper spray, like nozzel at point blank on new shoots and base of undersides of leaves, seriously, went bezurk. .... that was a ramble...
Yeah sure, other than work, killing these things is my top priority, no flip will happen till im satisfied they not infected...:laughing:

@ Ichabod Crane... thanks for popping back in... absolutely no problem brah, your helping by directing this bonehead how to use this site better....:tiphat:

@ LSWM.... watsup brah. Thanks for taking time to stop in and the compliments. Yeah room is pretty small and tight... but so am I :biglaugh: an I can get in alriiiight. Lets hope its a nice harvest, if I can just get these ladies back to health...

@ Miracules Meds.... lithops are succulents from SWA... weird looking indeed...
Didnt know that bout the pictures... lol.... cheers....

picture.php

Aloes...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup Smelly

Nice room you got here. Feels like i've seen it before

:laughing:

Looks good. Question.... what made you leave the space between the wall and ur fencing? I'm assuming for more airflow... Not a bad idea at all.

The pic of the wall with no plants in it looks like the bulbs can be a bit closer together...but that could just be how it looks in the pic.

Things look great. Nice canopy. I wish I could offer some hellp with the bugs. But I'll be here for the rest of the show.

Good Luck!!

:tiphat:

Miraculous Meds

So pyrethrum is a good all around natural bug contact killer, and what ur using is a synthetic more powerful version of it. It might help kill them but I don't think it will eradicate them. U got to do the research to see but I don't think so. So can u order avid or its chemical equivalent abenectim, or forbid 4f online then? Im not trying to push u down this route but as far as I know its either chop down, clean and sanitize, or one of these specific miticides that are rated for broads or cyclamens. Don't bother with floromite for these it doesn't work. its good for the traditional red spider mites.

If u chose to hunt down avid or forbid and want some tips ill be here for ya. I know some people buy really small amounts off of ebay or what not. I chose to buy from a reputable business and a new bottle so I knew what I was getting. But ur looking at a 1 to $150 bottle, that u will only use 1.2 ml per gallon of. Lasts 5 years though. That's why a lot of people just try and buy an oz online.

DONAJTHEIII

@ Ichabod Crane... Thanks for stopping by again...
I did consider that, But I also noticed there was a sticky for bm's, with a lot of info, and a lot of debate... I read a bit, found some good pointers.... Just didnt see a point of starting another bm thread...:chin: new to this whole forum thing:laughing:
Hopefully some knowledgable vertheads like you can chime in and point out things that can be improved on.... in all aspects...
Thanks again ...:smoke out:

First piece of advice

dont get dirty clones anymore :D

aha we all have done it dont trip but now you know like mirac I was dealing with these bitches for awhile too made me want to quit. took awhile half a year to a year to get it under control but now I only cut from my own moms and use predators.

cant stress this enough "PREDATORS FROM START TO FINISH "

If i were you I would cut everything and start from seed after a deep cleaning. I wish I did this from the start and didnt waste so much time.

AJAE

Miraculous Meds

There's no advice to give until you can confirm whether or not you have BM's I second that It def looks like bm damage and it looks pretty heavy from what the damage in the photos is showing.

First piece of advice

dont get dirty clones anymore :D

AJAE

He said he scoped it and saw the bugs, with that damage id go ahead as planned to treat for broads/cyclamens.

RetroGrow

Veteran
You cannot see broad mites with a 30X loupe. too small. And they don't hang out on leaves. They hide in the meristem, and you are unlikely to see them. They hide from light, and only "come out" at night to lay eggs. The eggs are much easier to see. They will be found on the underside of affected leaves, but you need a 100X scope to see them. The damage I am seeing looks more like Russett mites, which are larger, and could be seen with a loupe. However guessing won't solve it. You must confirm with a 100X scope. Don't treat without confirming. Also, it's possible to kill broad mites without any chemicals. Heat treatment will do it. However don't do any treatment without confirming with a scope. Google Russett mites to see what they look like. Same with broad mites/cyclamen mites, so you can see what the eggs look like. If you confirm with scope, PM me about heat treatment.

Miraculous Meds

You cannot see broad mites with a 30X loupe. too small. And they don't hang out on leaves. They hide in the meristem, and you are unlikely to see them. They hide from light, and only "come out" at night to lay eggs. The eggs are much easier to see. They will be found on the underside of affected leaves, but you need a 100X scope to see them. The damage I am seeing looks more like Russett mites, which are larger, and could be seen with a loupe. However guessing won't solve it. You must confirm with a 100X scope. Don't treat without confirming. Also, it's possible to kill broad mites without any chemicals. Heat treatment will do it. However don't do any treatment without confirming with a scope. Google Russett mites to see what they look like. Same with broad mites/cyclamen mites, so you can see what the eggs look like. If you confirm with scope, PM me about heat treatment.

Retro, what do u mean by meristem?

Im not 100% but Im pretty sure I have broad or cyclamen and I can see them on the leaf near the vien and petiole. They sure didn't look like the russet mite. Also does russet mite damage look like the op's damage, cause when I google broads, it shows pics of damage that looks like the ops, and mine when I had them previously. In short whats the common damage of russets compared to broads?
thnks

SmellyFlorist

....Everyone, thanks for stopping in....:smoke out:

@ Marlo.... wow. Thanks for popping in buddy...
hmmmm looks similar you say....:chin:
Been lurking real hard on your threads last few years....
Just completely killing it.... in all aspects.... Big inspiration...But I think you got that drift already....
Good question. First few runs I had the screens fixed to the walls, Iv only got 400's, an I just felt that I could had the flowers a few inches closer to the light.... so this last run I fixed the screens with in line with the walls, but had the "smartpots" sitting on the floor and the netting lower down. I was able to really pin the ladies firmly against the screen after stretch, it gave a far more manageable work area[I didnt have line hold branches all over the place] also I could get behind the screen with a bit of effort and clean an trim an shit...
Airflow is just a added bonus... real thing was to try get the canopy the correct distance from the 400's.
Yeah please stick around... your input would be really appreciated...

@ Miraculous Meds... yeah what you say bout the pyrethrum is correct...You see the problem is, or the obstacle, is my location. I know amazon dosnt ship to this country anymore, I believe, simply, cause nothing actually gets here... Striking is pretty much a national pastime too... we actually have a season of the year called 'strike season' lmfao.
So not to sure bout ebay, will have to check, but it was my location[almost arse end of the world] which has made me build an airoponic cloner, carbon scrubber etc.. Task of note to obtain these items here, a lot of the time its easy to just build what you need yourself....
Guess Im gona have to surf a few sites, see what the situation is with shipping...
But thank you again for all your time an input.... appreciated
Ill defo by seeking more advice from you...

@ DONAJTHEIII.... watsup... thanks for stopping in...
I hear you on you points, I did get sum cuttings a while back, but I had this problem before that... so im not to sure how I got this problem, but like I said its hillbilly, theres dogs about, its a farmyard, veggies everywhere, so Im actually not at all surprised, its the subtropics too, windows and doors to the flat is always open, fucking hot an humid in a few weeks...
Im not to keen to start all over, Iv ordered genetics twice, just goes missing in the post, Iv got 5mums, and am vegging another 8 blue dreams up to full the 50site cloner... To get what iv got and where Iv got[on a tight-arse' budget] has taken over a 18months... Id rather try an save what Iv got....
But that you for you opinion and the advice... Please do stick around...

@ 5th... watsup brah... thanks fro stopping in.... and for the compliments... please do stick around...

@ RetroGrow... You complete legend :bow: Thanks for taking the time to stop by...
Thank you so much for your advice.... But Jeeebus you got me crapping now! But this is what I need to find out, so thanks.
A lil more info: I opened I new bottle of the pyrethrum and sprayed again[only read your advice now,in the morning, spray was last night] during wake an bake I broke off a fan leaf off two different plants... I looked with the 30loop, an I mean looked!!
After a good five minutes, I noticed movement, on the underside of a leaf, tucked under a swollen "vain".... Now like you said the scope isnt really strong enough, but I can defo see a translucent bug, its so tiny I cant tell its arse from its elbow.... Im presuming these things walk forward.... theyre alive...
Iv googled the russet mites like you advised... And maybe the "dead stationary one..." Arnt dead at all but in fact russet mite eggs....
Hmmmmm..... I just get the feeling im not gona be able to get a 100scope where I stay... but thats optimism for you...lol
The product I bought to deal with spider mites at the beginning of the year[the pyrethrum product], that brand also sells a product to deal with russet mites.....
See retro, Iv only had lights for bout 18months, totally learning as I go, with shitloads of knowledge gained while lurking here... So all these pest and problems are all new to me.... so I really appreciate the help and advice you offering... much appreciated.... Please do stick around...
:smoke out:

Jeeebus even mentioning this to you guys gives me the heebies....yoll being in the states I take it.... But jeez as a last resort I could look into and please I mean LOOK into chlorpyrifos.... this I KNOW is toxic as fuck.... Like i said... its a dark continent....

Once again, thanks to everybody for stopping in.....

SmellyFlorist

Everybody.... wtasup :smoke out:

Yesterday was such a hack. I ditched worked to try solve this problem faster... priorities right?
I went through to town as I needed to go to the bank, I stopped at 5 "nurseries", none had any miticide, some had never heard of it... a reminder this is the sticks... I was there so I picked up another bottle of pyrethrum, and got two bottles of affidcide plus, I was there...
That took up most of the day... the product I saw for russet mites has disappeared... from the shelves.... fucking matrix I swear... like I know Im dense, Iv been told that my IQ is equal to that of a small block of chalk.... but really... WTF smelly??
I got on the net when I was back home, had another quik lil skim read of Cabrons thread about his mite damage and problems, and I reread Retro's posts about heat treatment.... light bulb moment. I remember trying this early in the year, but I couldnt get the room past roughly 39degrees C[sorry bout the metric] I then did a couple google searchers, came across some "organic" site that had dirrections on heat treatment to kill russet, broad and cyclamen mites. They stated that hot air treatment at 116 degrees F for 15min would kill the mites, Im more learning to what your preaching Retro, 120 D F constant for 1 hour.... four times the length has gotta kill em....
Sorry Retro, If you reading this, I dont think I can pm yet, the fifty post thing, jeez not even sure how the repping thing works? So IM just gona ramble here..
I totally hear you on the fact that I need to identify what these pest actually are! However its proving difficult at the mo, and if I could get anything through the actual post, it would probs take bout ten working days, I just feel they dont have another ten days in em...
So in saying that, russets, broads and cyclamens can be killed with the above mentioned heat treatment, but Im not quite sure which one i have. When a guy with 5000 plus posts sayings the loupe i got aint gona see broads, well, conclusions drawen... but I can still see "mites" even after four sprays of a pyrethrum based product, and I can still make out lil "mites" on the undersides of leaves each morin after spray....[note a lot of the damaged plants Iv already lost, look bang on with Cabrons pics, thats why Im assuming mite damage] So I pulled my finger out and borrowed two fan heats from the old man, ones older than me I swear. This next bit I hope you all enjoy.......:laughing:
So without any further fucking about... I decided to take action...[note:there are many lessons to be learnt here, smelly...]
I needed to strip the plugs[older than me] of the heaters to get them through the elbow vents, them reconnect ones inside. But I only realised this after the circuit kept tripping... so once the plugs were done, I put the plants in, clones on the shelve, mums on the floor, I kept bout a foot of space between mums an the heaters[not enough] an aimed the heaters at a bare wall... I closed the door, an sat with the thermo in my hand, the temps rose, but it took a good half hour to reach only 116 degrees F, then another twenty minutes to reach 120 degrees F... I started the "hour" of treatment once the temp was reached... Being dense, I didnt open the door to check, thinking that it took roughly fifty minutes to reach 120F that even a few seconds of opening time would drastically reduce the temps for a while, therefore breaking that constant hour of that temp, in my thinking give em buggers time to take a breath before the next sauna hits..... this technique had mixed results.... Iv written all the details down of temps at the ten minute mark, the highest it reached was 126,3 degrees F.
I opened the door, an most the mums on the floor were pretty much fried... ovo to close to the heaters[theres your lesson] the set of clones on the shelves however looked like a bunch a finlanders, all sweaty an full of smiles.... weird how 800 mm in ffl can do that...
so I wipped em out[Iv fried girls in the broom room before] put 3 asprin in 20l of that days fresh rain water, soaked and sprayed... I feel they too far gone, and wont make it, maybe some of the blue dream clones I was vegging up, but the old 5 and the blues I cut the new ones from I doubt it, also I managed to get a cut of tangie, but also im afraid is too far gone... looking back, the clones on the shelves were almost over watered as the mums, while being okay, could have really had a good soaking... I often make simple gardening errors inside, I keep telling myself what I try do with the veggies I must do inside, common sense stuff really, transplant at dusk etc..
I then did the 2nd lot, whole bunch of seedlings most probably will be put outside, But I had the temps more constant for that hour, roughly 121.5 degrees F. I also didnt put any on the floor... and there was a bit of wilting but not like the first round.
I had a real good look at a fan leaf with the loupe then this morning when I woke, and I really couldnt see one of the "mites" moving... and I really looked, as I kinda know what Im looking for now...?
I did however carry an outdoor plant over the freshly treated batch of clones while trying to fill the room up, and may have brushed a leaf, I couldnt get the outside plant to fit in the broomroom, so I put em back outside.
Now.... heres the thing.... all my ladies have been vegging in my bedroom under two 400w mh horizontal[ I know I know ] DIY hoods.... so that room got no heat treatment, basically its more than likely still infected, to actually heat that room is a task, no ceilings no door..... I can however set up a cycle over then next few days of heating[ and trying to save some blue dreams so I can get clones for the next round asafuckingp ] and hopefully get these things exterminated... I feel they not on the plants.... in the area....? Id bet on it.....
okay lessons learnt, I find myself fucking many many things up, in everything. This can lead to a very pessimistic outlook on life, or I can adschmidt Im a fuck up, and try and take positives from these unfortunate events I find occurring around me...
When someone really experienced and respected takes time to offer you advice, take your time to appreciate it. Things arnt gona be spoon feed to you, if thats the case they may aswell just solve the entire problem for you and then you find yourself in a worse position, cause you got fuckall idea of what just happened. That leads nicely to the next point... take your fucking time to do sometime!! As in plan it. The next point! Take time into consideration and dont just try rush things, and blindly hope for the best. Its a process of understanding the journey, not wishing on a destination.... Smelly you got some shinning up to do boy....
Its like a dont wana throw away and start over, I dont see that as a solution, only a delay, like if they return I cant just keep trying to start over... you guys get me? I need to learn how to deal with em... an when they see me they shit... not the other way around....
Im battleing to upload new pics of before and after pics of the heat treatment....

Right before being move to treat

Right before being moved to treat

A new blue dream clone before treatment, hopeful mum

More pics when I sort this upload problem out...
Thanks everybody who took time to read that awfully long post... any advice, input or opinions will be appreciated...

Smelly...

SmellyFlorist

... Havnt worked out the upload problem. Says I can upload another 44pics, but needed to delete some so I could upload these... any ideas?

This is with clones on shelves mums on floor, just before the whole process begins..

Havnt worked out how to swivel pics... density...

Latest posts

Latest posts