What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High brix grow vs. High organic matter CC based mix grow

surfguitar

I'm doing this side by side for another forum, figured I'd post it here if anyone is interested.

I'm testing 3 different soil mixes against eachother, 1 is based on a member that used to be on this forum yosemitesam and this mix is a sorta high energy/high brix soil with most the inputs being high quality nitrogen from ferti-nitro(enzymattically processed gmo free soybeans), tm-7(tace minerals+humic acid), agisil and epsom salt with the occasional compost and sprout tea. The mix is as follows:

Base,
8 gallon peat
4 gallon EWC
4 gallon Grow stones

808g oyster shell
808g SRP
808g Kelp
180g amourphous silica DE
12cups basalt

The second and third mix are based on another former member of this forum clackmascootz, his mix is more of a high organic matter mostly water only mix. The main inputs will be compost, tm-7/ful-power, agisil and sprout teas. I have his normal mix and than that mix doubled based off the reqs off another member, these mix consist of:

Base,
5.6 gallons peat
5.6 gallons EWC
4.8 gallons grow rocks

Cut in half and amended with:
1/2 cup kelp
1/2 cup neem
1/2 cup crab
1/2 cup alfalfa
1 cup oyster shell
6 cups basalt
.5cup gypsum

and:
1 cup kelp
1 cup neem
1 cup crab
1 cup alfalfa
2 cup oyster shell
6 cups basalt
.5cup gypsum

I'm gonna do the test with 4 of the same clones of one of my The White phenos from a pack of ograskal S1s. Those should be rooted any day now hopefully. They are gonna each get there own 10gal smart pot under a 400w vertical light in a 31'x35"x47" cab. Still need to get that completed 100%, its 80% there ;) Stay tuned for updates the show should be starting any day now!

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
subbed. thanks for running this. You are going to be running clones of the same plant then?