What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Abja Roots flower pictures

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Baylien #1 Day 65 Lower
picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn i heard about GH but didn't hear about vermicrop….that is crazy since they are a relatively smaller company in norcal, really only used up in our neck of the woods. fox farms still reigns supreme in most parts.

but yeah i am thinking about yanking out all the coco beds and going 100% vermicrop soil….i want to do some soil tests on it stock vs with some added amendments and test the soil after a harvest as well to see what got depleted and what needs to be re-added.

Abja Roots

Veteran
damn i heard about GH but didn't hear about vermicrop….that is crazy since they are a relatively smaller company in norcal, really only used up in our neck of the woods. fox farms still reigns supreme in most parts.

but yeah i am thinking about yanking out all the coco beds and going 100% vermicrop soil….i want to do some soil tests on it stock vs with some added amendments and test the soil after a harvest as well to see what got depleted and what needs to be re-added.

Yeah. That part didn't attract as much attention. From what I read GH already owned Vermicrop. I thought the same as you, that they were just a smaller company up here.

As much as I loved growing coco while in my warehouse, I don't think I'll ever go back to it. It definitely yielded well in small pots, which meant moving less material. The plants seemed brighter, chunkier, and definitely showed quicker growth rates. Still the product was never quite where I wanted it to be.

The nutrient companies are spending an arm and a leg to market their products. They can afford to do that because they produce it for so little and charge so much for it. I'll be going with smaller companies producing high quality products, and focusing on dry amendments while preserving my soil.

Bring me some samples of what you took down recently when you have a minute!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i just took down the coco room and feel the same way…just not up to my standards personally. the soil room is just so much better, more yield, more calyx swell, larger buds and less larf. i dont know what I'm doing wrong in coco, its drip to waste 2-3x a day feed with base and calmag plus a few PKs and what not at 900-1000ppm. plants look healthy as fuck super green and zero deficiencies, but nugs just aren't as swollen.. meanwhile the soil room looks totally fried with yellow leaf everywhere but the nugs look way better. growing always gotta throw a curveball.

me and the boys down in the bay are now on that greenstone sponsorship, I'm done getting overcharged for nutes! i am definately focusing more on amended soil its the best way….so tired of chugging through dozens of gallons of chem fert for 2nd rate results.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Great minds think alike.... just ordered a pallet of shit to make my own organic supersoil....
Prop is u doin this to read up on microbial fungi....

Abja Roots

Veteran
Baylien #1 Day 65
picture.php

This one was pretty solid from top to bottom. It had nice stretch and looks like it's going to yield well. The instability is unfortunate, but there's not much to be done about that. Plucked the nanners it threw in the first few weeks. After that it didn't throw anymore. If you wanted to stay on top of it, this one could be worth growing. However with all the other ones to consider, this one will have to go.

Abja Roots

Veteran
Having met Abja I'll say this about him. You couldn't meet a nicer guy in real life. He loves what he does and his passion shows in his work.
Now this Fly by Night guy??? Not sure about him. lol

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

I would say that I'm blessed, but I know that I've done my part to make my life what it is. So instead I would say that I am grateful and lucky. Mostly for the opportunity to do what I love for a living. This isn't something you can be partially committed to, and still produce consistently. My life revolves around my garden and my plants. There is not much that is more important to me than this.

It doesn't mean that I don't falter, make mistakes, or get lax. When I do though, it's my love for this that corrects my course.

I hope that I can spend the rest of my life growing new varieties, improving my technique/efficiency, and helping those who are truly passionate to pursue this craft as well. I'll be planting some more seed this week, because life is short.

Thanks to everyone!

Ollie

Veteran
Superb Work, the Baylien looks to be a wonderfull cultivar !

Gonna follow along, gotta see those buds when dried.

Peace

Abja Roots

Veteran
Baylien#1 Day 66
picture.php

I tried to use Jute this time to reduce the waste from the green tape/ties. However the little fibers that came off of it make it unsuitable for this purpose. So it's back to the ties after this run.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
stoney told me all those baylien were keepers in their own way. I said I can tell very pretty.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone!

The Accidental Seed Company puts out keepers! Why wouldn't we? So many "breeders" are using our cuts in their seed lines, they're no reason we can't put out some heat. I swear that between the Forum Cut, and the GG#4 we have changed the face of west coast cannabis. That's not me trying to say we're all that special, but facts are facts. Even the SSH cut Deezy shared with us is putting out some heat. Lumpstatus has used it to make some pretty nice looking flowers. One day I'll have to meet up with him to check out his flowers.

Everyone and their mother is growing the Forum it seems. I'm happy that it's out there, but not about how it happened. So I don't think I'll be sharing any more cuts. I have no issue sharing, but that cut was plain dis-respected. Shared not Whored is what I'd like to see.

I feel you on that, and that is the same reason I haven't released my shit yet... but they will do the same shit with your seed lines though too. hella people are making a grip selling crappy made s1 of s1 and cosses of crosses they grew a single pack of.

awesome bud shots

I'm diggin' that VB x Thai... I got a few germinating my self.

Peace,
-Infinitesimal

Abja Roots

Veteran
#6 is shining! so the initial seed run didn't herm, but the resulting clone run showed some intersex?

There were a few that were very unstable from the beginning of the first run. Those got pulled, and the back up clones destroyed. There were a few that showed some instability later in the run. I gave them another shot, just to make sure it was the genetics and not the environment. I'm left with several that have been stable, are high quality, and are different enough to justify keeping them. They are the 3, 4, 6, and 10. I like the 7, but this will probably be the last run. It's a shorter stouter OG leaning one. I like it, but I don't need another OG.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
that 6 looks like the one with out smelling, is there much variation in the nose or the high?

you put that on my must taste list when I get back to the bay.

Abja Roots

Veteran
The 3 is like a very strong cookies. My friend described it as "It's what cookies should have been". The 6 has a very similar nose, but it's moved slightly away from the extreme cookies nose of the 3 towards something else that's hard to describe. The 4 is like an OG/SOUR/Headband Cookie. The most unique nose out of all of them for sure. The 10 is more like a blend of the 4 and the 6. I personally really like the 10, but I can see why the 4 has been the favorite among most of my friends, followed by the 6, and then the 3.

When you run as many strains as I do it's hard to really get a feel for them. So feedback is crucial. The selections by Norcal have been really interesting as well. I've run the Dosido #6, Dosido "Love", Grateful Breath "Unity", Oregon Lemon, Mendobreath UV, Caspar OG, and more. They're almost all showing different profiles than I've seen before. The Mendobreath UV is like Grape Pixie Sticks.

I'm grateful to have the chance to run all the variety I do.