What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

. . useing old coco . .

. . hi, i've just finished off a 'vertical' grow, i'd two 600w bulbs over 8 plants of bubblegum, i got 19 ozs . .

. . well my question is, can you use the coco again when it dry's out or should it be put in the bin . . thanks . .

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    IMG_0931.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0920.jpg
    IMG_0920.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 13
H

Hazyfontazy

. . hi, i've just finished off a 'vertical' grow, i'd two 600w bulbs over 8 plants of bubblegum, i got 19 ozs . .

. . well my question is, can you use the coco again when it dry's out or should it be put in the bin . . thanks . .

u can reuse quite a few times,let it dry ,sieve any large root ,flush the coco in plain water till the run off is clean ,then give it a rhizotonic drench ph.5.8 , let it dry slightly then reuse as normal ,feed with nutes as required after potting newplant in it

. . ahhh mr fontazy, nice one, i was just wondering about diseases in the coco, something that will spread in the future, but flushing the coco again seems well, nice one hazy . . i'll do that . .

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
19 oz from two 600's .......I get 20+ from one 600 ..... bubblegum yields pretty good as I recall

Using square pots helps ......what nutes are you using?

C

CMoon

sorry to bump ya bruv but i dont see a 20+ oz grow in your gallery, could you link me?

yo drpressure600...two and an halfs grands worth of bud for 200 quids worth of leccy.....good enough bro, youll improve on those figs with better strains and experience' no problemo

cocco gos well more then a few times, with zym treatments or worms it gets even better

bests cmoon

19 oz from two 600's .......I get 20+ from one 600 ..... bubblegum yields pretty good as I recall

Using square pots helps ......what nutes are you using?

. . i had 12 plants but there was 4 males in it, i'd to throw the out leaving 8 plants, that was my grow, i used 'ionic' grow with 'bud blood' . . in flower i used 'canna a & b', 'big bud', & 'overdrive' . .

. . my grow is in grow diaries under 'help with vertical plz', you can see it . .

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 11
How long did you veg for? I'm considering a vertical grow as well.

D2G

. . i vegged them for 4 weeks, i only did 8 plants in all, for the space i had, i should have easily down 12 plants onwards, it was my first time, i wreckon next time i'll get much better, you need to sit over the plants moving them around & also slowly moving them towards the light, being careful not to burn or bleach them . .

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 10

down2grow

Congrats on getting 19 zips on your first run bro!! Have you considered a stadium style grow? You should check out Northern Farmer's thread or search "stadium grows". I think you might consider it after reading those threads.

Peace
D2G

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I've got mixed feelings about recycling coco.

It's doable, yes. One of the main attributes with coco is the capacity to furnish air to the root system. The coarse coco fibers does not compact as easy as let's say peat based soil and therefore let's through oxygen. After growing in the coco though, the coco fibers wear down - mainly it's corrodes from nutrient salts - and compacts.

Therefore, if you're using salt based nutrients it wears down your coco faster than organic nutrients.

The tear and wear also lowers the fibers' capacity to absorb nutrients and store them in a matrix for the plants.

It's kind of like running your old HPS bulb one more grow, it will of course give you bud but not as much as a brand new bulb.

I run coco two grows, then I toss it. I'm not saying you can recycle it beyond that, it just depends on where you set your standards.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
You'd do well to look @ Superconductors 600W vertical grow .... that's how you need to go

No criticism intended m8, just wondered what was going on

Cmoon ..... you're not even a member which is why my gallery only has a few pics ....

Latest posts

Latest posts