What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Delivers

wswise

Ready to try some new strains over the winter. Ready for some ace magic.

Attachments

• 20171003_192652.jpg
    20171003_192652.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 9

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Good choice! I'm just celebrating my harvest of Tikal and Panama. Both are very tasty and aromatic, with a powerful smoke.

Guaui is high on my list, too

zamzia

Veteran
So where are peeps purchasing their ACE seeds? SeedBou only has two strains listed and nothing on Seedbay.

I wood

Directly from ace is the way to go.
Also check out the ace seed stock thread for a list of tester seeds available for purchase before release.
Many very interesting sativa combinations that I never even heard of before seeing that thread.

ULMW

Direct from Ace Seeds! Quick and essy and wonderful service from start to finish.
Currently due to harvest and testing samples and seed preparation Ace Breeder Dubi is on holiday as is Luis til Mid Nov. So I was told that if you can choose from the Ace Website until they return as the other staff do not have the new strains from the tester list til Dubi n Luis return mid Nov.
There are lots of hreat strains and whatever you select am sure you will be taken by.
Happy growing!!!

wswise

Alright we have lift off! Going with the Guawai and Panama in my bigger tent. Got a amhearst sour diesel in the small one, and even though it's not an Ace, there will be a few updates to that plant as I go along. So far from Ace I have grown the Purple Malawi and Malawi, so I hope these strains grow the same as the others. With my seedlings having popped a week ago, the gauwai is ahead of the others by a bit. I am hoping that it doesn't take off too early, I'd like it to grow more like myh last Malawi did, as I am limited to about 5 feet in the tent. From left to right it is the G, P, then ASD. Looking forward to some weight to make it through 2018, and Ace usually delivers.

Everything will be grown on their own blumat drip systems. 5 gallon buckets of nutes with air bubbling. Coco Coir, with H&G Nutes, Drip Clean at .5m per gallon for the whole run, occasional CalMag, with bloom boosters later on. I like to run at about 50% of the recommended nute concentrations, and this usually gives leaves with minimal burn.

Goals for the grow: I am sacrificing weight for quality of smoke, so not going to push these at all. With this grow method I usually get between 6-10 ounces per plant. I do now grow to sell, I grow for me. Glad that I live in a place where this is legal.

Attachments

• 20171021_164337.jpg
    20171021_164337.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 9

wswise

Alright we have lift off! Going with the Guawai and Panama in my bigger tent. Got a amhearst sour diesel in the small one, and even though it's not an Ace, there will be a few updates to that plant as I go along. So far from Ace I have grown the Purple Malawi and Malawi, so I hope these strains grow the same as the others. With my seedlings having popped a week ago, the gauwai is ahead of the others by a bit. I am hoping that it doesn't take off too early, I'd like it to grow more like myh last Malawi did, as I am limited to about 5 feet in the tent. From left to right it is the G, P, then ASD. Looking forward to some weight to make it through 2018, and Ace usually delivers.

Everything will be grown on their own blumat drip systems. 5 gallon buckets of nutes with air bubbling. Coco Coir, with H&G Nutes, Drip Clean at .5m per gallon for the whole run, occasional CalMag, with bloom boosters later on. I like to run at about 50% of the recommended nute concentrations, and this usually gives leaves with minimal burn.

Goals for the grow: I am sacrificing weight for quality of smoke, so not going to push these at all. With this grow method I usually get between 6-10 ounces per plant. I do now grow to sell, I grow for me. Glad that I live in a place where this is legal.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wswise,

Thanks for supporting our work, much appreciated! :)
Wish you enjoy with Guawi, Panama and Tikal. Best wishes!

wswise

SO I haven't updated for a bit. My father had a fairly benign case of colon cancer and died after the operation from complications. I lot of stress on my life in late November, and honestly I forgot that I was posting about the new strains here. Flipped the lights on 12-3 to an 11/13 schedule.

So I have take a few pictures at least and I can show some of the progress so far. The Gauwi has the Malawi DNA in it for sure, and it shows in the main cola formation. If it fills in like my last Malawi the main cola is going to be 18 inches tall (45cm). This one stretched a lot, almost to the top of my tent. It is at about 6 feet tall (1.9 meter) so the stretch was huge. The Panama and the Gauwi were at the same height when they were put into flower. Smell on the Guawi is a little sweeter than the Malawi, and I am only catching a hint of the spicy/pepper smell. I'm hoping for a plant with the hit of the Malawi, but better tasting. We shall see. Also, the Guawi can take a LOT more nutes than the Malawi. I am feeding it at almost 2 times the nutes as the previous plant without showing signs of burning the leaves. The Malawi was burning quite easily, so it seems the Guatemalan DNA is making a more robust plant. Guawi is a strong grower.

The star of this grow is the Panama. I think this is the green pheno, I have not seen any red at all in the buds. As you can see from the close up, the white hairs are very thick, super white and straining to get to the light. The buds are filling in nicely, and they have a more indica structure to them. They might fill in to a main cola, but I feel like there will be bunches of smaller buds. Still good output. If I were to guess at this point, I would say this plant is going to give me about 150g to 175g of buds, the Guawi will be over 200 as I know these genes were put out some weight on a 6 foot plant. Panama buds will be more dense for sure. Then there is the smell...

I feel like if I rubbed the Panama buds on my kitchen table that the resin would take the varnish right off the wood. It has the most powerful lemon smell I've ever had on a plant. Second is an almost as powerful pine smell, with more than a hint of fuel in the back. I can't vouch for taste yet, but I am positive it will be better than the Guawi. This one just looks and smells straight fire, 100% superweed. I cannot wait to get this into the cure and taste it.

As far as finishing time, l'm sure the Guawi is going to be a longer finish. We are at 5 weeks since showing flower. I expect the Panama to finish on schedule, so I should be cutting that one down around 3/11 to 3/31. Really depends on the plant. I hope it goes longer actually, I am on a vacation from 3-17 to 3-24. Should have usable bud in early April. The Guawi is listed at 11-12 weeks, but with the energy it spent stretching I think it is going to go longer. I am expecting to chop that one in early April with final buds ready in May.

As always, I am growing on a blumat system in coco, with H&G nutes, plus bud XL. I will hit them with a single dose of shooting powder at week 9. I love having a feeding system that is self monitoring, I can fill up my tank and leave for up to 10 days without being home.

I am going to order more Panama and get them started. Hoping to have this big tent filled with the Panama as soon as these finish, and I want that red pheno!

pic 1: panama bud structure, pic from last week
pic 2: side by side. Gauwi on the left, look at the difference in stretch!
pic 3: panama bud close up
pic 4: from a few weeks back, at the end of the stretch. Again, both plant in veg came out about the same height. The Gauwi was maybe 5 inches taller, but not a huge difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20171218_171112.jpg
    IMG_20171218_171112.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180107_161136.jpg
    IMG_20180107_161136.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180107_161209.jpg
    IMG_20180107_161209.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180107_161102.jpg
    IMG_20180107_161102.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7

ULMW

SO I haven't updated for a bit. My father had a fairly benign case of colon cancer and died after the operation from complications. I lot of stress on my life in late November, and honestly I forgot that I was posting about the new strains here. Flipped the lights on 12-3 to an 11/13 schedule.

So I have take a few pictures at least and I can show some of the progress so far. The Gauwi has the Malawi DNA in it for sure, and it shows in the main cola formation. If it fills in like my last Malawi the main cola is going to be 18 inches tall (45cm). This one stretched a lot, almost to the top of my tent. It is at about 6 feet tall (1.9 meter) so the stretch was huge. The Panama and the Gauwi were at the same height when they were put into flower. Smell on the Guawi is a little sweeter than the Malawi, and I am only catching a hint of the spicy/pepper smell. I'm hoping for a plant with the hit of the Malawi, but better tasting. We shall see. Also, the Guawi can take a LOT more nutes than the Malawi. I am feeding it at almost 2 times the nutes as the previous plant without showing signs of burning the leaves. The Malawi was burning quite easily, so it seems the Guatemalan DNA is making a more robust plant. Guawi is a strong grower.

The star of this grow is the Panama. I think this is the green pheno, I have not seen any red at all in the buds. As you can see from the close up, the white hairs are very thick, super white and straining to get to the light. The buds are filling in nicely, and they have a more indica structure to them. They might fill in to a main cola, but I feel like there will be bunches of smaller buds. Still good output. If I were to guess at this point, I would say this plant is going to give me about 150g to 175g of buds, the Guawi will be over 200 as I know these genes were put out some weight on a 6 foot plant. Panama buds will be more dense for sure. Then there is the smell...

I feel like if I rubbed the Panama buds on my kitchen table that the resin would take the varnish right off the wood. It has the most powerful lemon smell I've ever had on a plant. Second is an almost as powerful pine smell, with more than a hint of fuel in the back. I can't vouch for taste yet, but I am positive it will be better than the Guawi. This one just looks and smells straight fire, 100% superweed. I cannot wait to get this into the cure and taste it.

As far as finishing time, l'm sure the Guawi is going to be a longer finish. We are at 5 weeks since showing flower. I expect the Panama to finish on schedule, so I should be cutting that one down around 3/11 to 3/31. Really depends on the plant. I hope it goes longer actually, I am on a vacation from 3-17 to 3-24. Should have usable bud in early April. The Guawi is listed at 11-12 weeks, but with the energy it spent stretching I think it is going to go longer. I am expecting to chop that one in early April with final buds ready in May.

As always, I am growing on a blumat system in coco, with H&G nutes, plus bud XL. I will hit them with a single dose of shooting powder at week 9. I love having a feeding system that is self monitoring, I can fill up my tank and leave for up to 10 days without being home.

I am going to order more Panama and get them started. Hoping to have this big tent filled with the Panama as soon as these finish, and I want that red pheno!

pic 1: panama bud structure, pic from last week
pic 2: side by side. Gauwi on the left, look at the difference in stretch!
pic 3: panama bud close up
pic 4: from a few weeks back, at the end of the stretch. Again, both plant in veg came out about the same height. The Gauwi was maybe 5 inches taller, but not a huge difference.

Wswise, Greetings and glad tidings in 2018. Please accept I heartfelt condolonces for the loss of your father. May God be with you both and help heal your pains in these most trying times of grief. Healthy looking garden you have there and a great set of photos. Thank you for sharing. Peace be with you and Happy Growing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wswise,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, condolences from all ACE Seeds' team to your family, we send you our best vibes, hope you and your family are feeling better nowadays.

Don't worry about posting and updates, family always comes first. Despite your personal situation, your sativa indoor garden looks excellent, very well focused and the plants are very well developed after only 5 weeks of flowering.

The Panama is an amazing strain, very higly worked strain nowadays after so many generations improving the line. Panama fem release has Panama Goddess as main parental plant, so you can expect always excellent Panama expressions from its offspring: very good yielding and super resinous plants, with super intense lemony incensey terpenes, great bag appeal and excellent quality of the finished product.
As i commented in Panama thread in the past, Panama red/pink pistil is always more evident when Panama is grown outdoors. Indoors the trait is not so remarkable, only in the very red phenos.

Glad to hear you feel the improvement of Guawi (Malawi x Tikal) over pure Malawi.
As you are experiencing, Guawi can accept much better higher levels of nutrients and the terpene profile is also more elaborated than pure Malawi.

Wish you and your family have a great 2018! :huggg: dubi

wswise

quick update

quick update

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Just wanted to post a few pics of the progress so far. The panama is foxtailing on the larger buds, and I have added my yo-yo's to hold up the branches. Starting to see some brown pistils on the panama, but it still feels like it will be another 3-4 weeks to finish. The Guawi has a long way to go, I would say 4-6 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180201_075259.jpg
    IMG_20180201_075259.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180201_075320.jpg
    IMG_20180201_075320.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180201_075237.jpg
    IMG_20180201_075237.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180201_075246.jpg
    IMG_20180201_075246.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 12

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice phenos and amazing flowers wswise! ;)
Anticipating a bountiful harvest!

wswise

Dubi, it's half genetics and half environment, so it's like you're right here growing with me!

I ordered 3 more Panama's that showed up here a few days ago, and you gave me a free fem Kali China with it! So I am starting an all indica grow right after these finish with the Kali to finish up quick before the summer gets here. Going to pop a couple of the panama's while that is happening and take clones so I am not flowering during the hot months here. I figure these plants and the indicas will get me through the year, then I'm going to do an all Panama run through next winter. I want to see how they run being topped and scrogged. Thanks for your lovely seeds, hermano.