What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need extraction machinery

In the next year if everything goes as planned i am going to need extraction machinery for big quantities, main goal is to produce pharmaceutical grade CBD, but terpene extraction can be interesting too.

i am not an expert in extraction machines, but they are expensive, and i cannot afford to buy them two times, so i need the best ones.

Any recomendations?

earthwyrms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoaS0O4zF0

if you are using a plant oil extract. like QWISO or ethanol or BHO or stuff or full soaked, sludgy acetone extract; the distillation at reduced pressure should give you your desired compounds. the terpenes though are a different case, as they are more volatile it seems and have low boiling points. also, the boiling points of CBD and THC and other cannabinoids (and molecules in general) are lower when the pressure is lower (i think it's called boyle's law, lol, no that's related but different but now you, i've got myself wanting to go bak and learn that)

if you have a bunch of oil and put it in a liter flask, 1000ml
or 500ml or 2L or 3L
you can distill in a glass on glass, ground glass joint setup, with a short path distillation unit and maybe a vacuum jaketed vigreux column (fractioning column, but with a vacuum around it, so the flask doesn't need to be super heated (which could decompose compounds maybe) also, the vacuum lowers the boiling point so the same principle, but also, because when a molecule is heated above a certain temperature, it may decompose before it boils, whereas, when the boiling point is depressed, the molecule can be distilled at a temperature that doesn't destroy it.

heating mantle, flask (n neck, where n is a positive real integer, hahahaha humor), short path distillation condenser, vacuum take off adapter, receiving flask. vacuum jacketed vigreux column if looking to get better fractions (fractional distillation

on a glass joint, the millimeters is the first number, like a 14mm is 14/X
the length is X, and the taper is 1/10 so it fits interchangeably.
there are many types used, custom and yada whatnot, but alot of common types to look for are below. in europe for example, 29/26 is used more than 29/42 like in the usa. but they are both inter changeable, a male 29/42 will enter a female 29/26, oh baby, and have 42-26mm, a 16mm overage into the flask. thermometer adapters are usually 10mm but are on a different piece like a 24/40 claisen adapter or short path distillation head. regardless of the depth, a 10/30 thermometer adapter will fit that.

i don't know much about terpene stuff yet, i just part know about it.

10/30 are usually thermometer ports

14/20 small
24/40 mid
29/42 a little better than mid
29/26
large stuff is
34/45
45/50
55/50
60/40

most short path, distillation heads have a mini vigreux on them anyway, and the good ones are vacuum jacketed.

basically, imagine putting a garden hose over a tea kettle spout and looking for steam at the other side. in order to get the output to be steam, the hose walls need to keep at boiling temperature, and means it needs a vacuum surrounding like space or an environment at the same temperature, like the hose going through a pool of boiling water (but actually steam is higher than boiling, so depending on the length of the hose, it would actually cool the vapor which is hotter than boiling water).

a cow reciever (i think pig sometimes) is a type of "vacuum take off adapter" that has male joint outputs that resemble nipples basically, it is used to hold multiple, typically 3-4 flasks, which are rotated as the fractions change, in order to keep the system (well i want to say sealed or hermetic but it is technically not the word) together or whatnot, under vacuum, uninterrupted and all that.

essential oil distillation sets may be able to collect terpenes, if you have a flask and condenser already, getting a chromatography reservoir to hold the plant matter and a dean stark apparatus or moisture collecting/measuring piece would be it i think.

basically the bottom flask would be filled with water and boiled up through the chromatography reservoir that holds the plant matter. the steam and compounds would go through an arm (this piece you would need, a distillation adapter or arm or whatnot) trickle down a graham condenser (actually this would be a different piece than the short path distillation head / condenser for a number of reasons, one being that a graham condenser doesn't do well, except vertically) and into a dean stark apparatus, which has a valve that lets the hydrosol to be let out and the oil to be concentrated.

THIS IS THOSE PIECES IN ACTION FOR FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION (THE TITLE READS SHORT PATH DISTILLATION BUT ACTUALLY, I DON'T THINK THAT IS SHORT PATH DISTILLATION, BUT IT IS FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION ANYWAY)

attached are a list of some condenser types and a true short path distillation head/condenser (and it's vacuum, jacketed. you can see where they pulled the vacuum tube off when they melted it after pulling a vacuum, on the side, pretty cool huh?) you can search ebay for "short path distillation vacuum" and even get whole setups. a few thousand dollars, i consider expensive but it's probably in people's general spending range, i have really no idea.

geronimo, look at this baby (i mean the pieice lol)

Attachments

• 0N2T6.jpg
    0N2T6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
  • short path 0.jpg
    short path 0.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

earthwyrms

ACE
seeds
glass
:D

chemglass
kontes
bantamware
wilmad
sigma aldrich
kimble chase
unbranded, generic, chinese

Last edited:

earthwyrms

steam distillation

steam distillation

also, the dean stark apparatus is something else (used in refluxing to remove water from a reaction), similar but i got confused. here is a steam distillation apparatus, also called an essential oil distillation apparatus.

it seems that the bottom part is better off being replaed by a vauum take off adapter and a large seperatory funnel, which would look like a picture that i will post after this post.

Attachments

• steam distill 1.jpg
    steam distill 1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

earthwyrms

steam distillation of volatile oils auxilliary.jpg

IF UREADABLE, THE BEST WAY I KNOW TO READ IT BETTER IS TO CLICK AND VIEW IMAGE AND PRESS CTRL + UNTILL IT IS LEGIBLE

Last edited:

IsolateSystems

Currently our most popular model, the ISO-CDM.20-2X-2F system is producing 5,100 grams of Shelf-Ready product straight out of our expansion cups - NO WINTERIZATION REQUIRED.

Our systems are certified fully automated and capable of running 24/7 without a need for an employee to be standing idly and watching over the system.

Lets get you and your team into our Denver Area Facility for a live demonstration and tour.

Our Mark-III design boasts:

Full Automation || "Set it and Forget it"
ü Easy to use touch screen interface

ü Certified for autonomous use

ü Extensive Data Collection

No Winterization Required with multiple Fractions
ü Proprietary multi-stage automation allows for Unlimited Fractionation

ü Shelf Ready product straight from the expansion cups

Modulating Needle Valve
ü Allows for maximum mass flow at any given parameter through proprietary algorithm

ROI within the first 30 days on all of our models

ü IES machines are coming in at a price point well below our "competitors"

A.V.E. Technology
ü Automated Venturi Technology allows for full separation of Terpenes, Oils and Waxes from solvent

ü Ensures process condition stability to achieve maximum V.O.C. retention

Industry’s foremost onsite training and development program

ü 2-3 day Onsite Training with our industry leading engineering team

Parameter Settings:
ü Temp Range: -20°C to 60°C

ü Pressure Range: 500psi [33 bar] – 3500psi [233 bar]

Quick Closures (Patent Pending):
ü Hinged for ease of use

ü Drastically improved turnover times

Manufactured in Colorado
ETL & EPR Certified

budchopper

on site training sign me up.you have no posts to PM how about a cell #
i want to learn extract business and have capital to invest.how many have you sold?
got a web site?