What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scoring weed in Mexico/Guadalajara?

rightztomedz

Hi Everyone,

First of all, glad to have found you all and this great travel advice, as well as the good folks at WeBeHigh.com! I am feeling a little lost where to get replies to my cannabis questions since Overgrow so sadly went down, so I'm hoping there's some friendly folks here who can help me out as I'm seeing to have a hard time getting this question answered.

I am a medical user who loves to travel, but I've been stuck at home the past two years thinking I couldn't travel because I couldn't travel without my MJ meds (I had a kind of a brain [pituitary] tumor that destroys the muscles and tissues, causing lots of pain issues, as well as leaving me with a disease, Addison's, that causes constant nausea). Pot is the only thing that makes it possible for me to eat or function, especially sleeping at night, otherwise sleeping is like an evening torture fest, so I've got to have pot in order to not be out of my mind with pain. (I've tried every opiate that they make and none work for my condition, unfortunately).

Then my husband got the very bright idea to travel to Amsterdam, and voila! I realized I could travel anywhere I could still get my meds. We had a great trip to Amsterdam not only because Amsterdam is one of the coolest cities on earth (this was our fifth time there, but my first time as a medical user), but because I could be pain and nausea free and enjoy my whole trip. I'm happy to provide tips and advice for anyone about Amsterdam, so ask away if you have any questions.

So anyhow, now we've got two trips planned, one to Victoria/Vancouver where I figure one way or another we'll manage to hook up with some meds, and another to a cool alternative type spa we love in Mexico, outside Guadalajara. My main question is--has anyone ever scored in Guadalajara? Is there a general way to go about it--a part of town, people you can generally ask in a certain profession, etc.? I've tried searching the Internet and haven't found anything about scoring in Guadalajara (except to see there's some major drug violence in Guadalajara apparently), and there's also nothing on WeBeHigh.com about Guadalajara. Any and all advice would be most welcome. And if you don't know anything about Guadalajara specifically, if you have any general advice about how to score in Mexico that would be great!!!! It may be that the general advice for Mexico would work anywhere, including Guadalajara, but I don't know.

Thanks for this great forum, just reading through the old messages I've learned so much, and I feel freed from being stuck at home!!!!

Take care, L

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I'm very sorry to hear about your condition but I'm very glad to hear pot helps you. I'm sure you'll be able to get it down there. Mexico is bursting at the seams with pot. Ask your hotel maid maybe? In Mexican Spanish it would be "Tienes mota?" Bartenders and cabdrivers are often good bets too.

:)

I'm sure someone will be able to hook you up, especially if you grease some palms. Probably will be brickweed though, but not necessarily. Hope you find some Mota-vation :)

BTW, I love Amsterdam too. Just became an EU citizen..might have to find me a job there soon!

Last edited:
G

here...my friend.. here is theee mota . just kidding. youre gonna get locked up in mexico.bring youre own.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
yeah it's not legal down there and you could potentially get in trouble...but if you ask the right people you'll be fine. i guess it's easier if you're male, look mexican n speak spanish though...

G

Being sick and in a Mexican jail.........They turn you in and split the bribe with the pigs...been there done that. Dont try this is Mexico

gr0wmatic

well ive done extensive travels and what i have found is that a taxi driver knows were to get anything u want ...

u might need to go thru a few of them .. but make small talk (boast his/her ego) and then just ask ... if they know were u can find some MJ.... 99% of the time in a foregine country i have scored some MJ just by asking a stoner or cool looking cabby ....

just keep ure wits about u dont give any one ure $$ first .....

good luck ......

gr0wmatic

+ hotel concierge(sp?) can help too ...

u just got to stroke some egos ...
offer to buy him/her a drink ...
or they are already in the bar after work just buy them a drink ...
hotel staff love to party .....

gr0wmatic

glock23 said:
yeah it's not legal down there and you could potentially get in trouble...but if you ask the right people you'll be fine. i guess it's easier if you're male, look mexican n speak spanish though...

last time i checked it wasnt leagal anywhere ...

including A*dam (its just tolorated)

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
so peeps are real scared to get some herb while vacationing, but they seem to be ok growing it? kinda contradictory... also, stop watching so many movies with anti south american propaganda where eveyrhting down here looks dirty and everyone is crazy and corrupt looking to put gringos in jail lol!!! ís not there an age restriction for these forums anyway?

peace.

chizzleonetime

you want to make friend's with some locals (u know the logical way), i got a friend who went there couple of yrs back and said he got sum killer smoke of some people he befriended while he was there

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
heh, it's virtually legal in a lot of places. in india you can claim personal use for up to 500 grams...lol. some of the religious men in india smoke all day. its legal to grow in austria, readily available in zurich, switzerland and openly smoked there, too. portugal is very lenient about it. it might not be officially legal but there's a lot of very stoner friendly places. spain is another one....any place where you can grow 5 plants for personal and smoke at home is pretty cool i think...

rightztomedz

Thanks everybody for your responses. No way no how am I going to travel with weed. I'm too old to even contemplate jail for doing something that stupid. Been there and done that as far as bringing stuff back when I was younger and alot dumber, and I'm just grateful I got away with it, and would never do it again. If you ever read up on what the minimum jail sentences are for the tiniest bit of weed caught by the US feds at an airport or border these days, you would be foolish to do so. It just ain't worth it, especially for me just the stress would never be worth it.

As far as fearing scoring in Mexico or Mexico jails, I've spent alot of time in Mexico, and it's a country I know and love so those kinds of things don't worry me, though I certainly would not go out of my way to try to arrange an encounter with the Mexican police. The places I've gone to in Mexico and the people I've met have been nothing but positive experiences. I've just never tried to score pot with strangers in Mexico before because I'm sick now, so I do feel like a teenager all over again, kinda gawky, wondering how to go about this new kind of thing that makes me feel like I don't know what I'm doing.

The reason I'm trying to figure this out ahead of time was I was in Mexico last year without weed, and I really suffered incredible pain and nausea which ruined the whole vacation, so by the time it was time to come home I felt like I couldn't take another day of the torture--doesn't make for a real fun vacation. When I was there I did inquire about pot among a few people I know at the hotel we've frequented for several years (not in Guadalajara), and everyone was happy to try to help us get something, but they just couldn't get it together in time (it was one of those deals that was going to happen soon, real soon, but just didn't come together). So I was trying to hedge my bets this time by getting it taken care of in a bigger city ahead of time, so I could then enjoy the rest of my vacation not being in torture.

Some folks say cabbies are good, then I read other sources saying don't try cabbies, they'll rip you off. We've found hotel bell boys properly bribed are good for doing other things (like running out and getting you a couple of six packs of beer), so maybe they'd be a good source for this? I don't know, and unless someone comes on who knows Guadalajara personally, I don't know if I'll find out if there's a part of town to go to, etc. If anyone does know anyone who's been to Guadalajara and knows where to go or how to go about it, I'd really appreciate some help, either by PM or in response to this thread.

Thanks again to all of you for your help! L

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
in the overgrow.com days there was this grower guy in cancun, who claimed to be cultivating oaxacan sativas, he sold it to tourists there he said, at similar prices as in the u.s. he said he would also sell seeds, for 20$ you would get something like 10 seeds of 4 different varieties, a nice deal! many got ripped off by this guy, including me, what a dumbass :D ,but lesson learned.
so basically, even if what he said were true, you wouldn´t have wanted to give your money him! so, just ask around, it is easy.

peace.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Imo you arent as scrutenized leaving the country [ US ] with drugs because theres no money bringing drugs out of the US. Whenever I traveled abrod I wasnt checked hardly at all leaving the country but thouroughly checked coming back in.

Just remember they can and usually do a full background check on you so any priors for possession are going to show up and red flag you for further searching. I have no priors and feel comfortable taking as much weed with my as I think I'll need for my trip anywhere I go.

#1 rule for getting in trouble in Mexico is to always have ample funds as it will cost you alot of money to get out of trouble. If you can pay off the first person that catches you your good to go and should bail the country as soon as possible, if you dont then you be stuck paying off everyone in the chain from the judge on down before they will let you go. The prison system there is one of the worst and designed to entice you to pay your way out or quickly rot away with the rest of the diseased inmates.

The last thought you should bank on is that the US consolate will help you out as they have little power at all to help you out when the police will obviously have fabricated the evidence they need to hold you.

Mexico is way different than canada, canada will just kick you out and tell you not to come back. Mexicos justice system works with money and how much you have to pay off your crime.

Diego

There are two types of cops I have found in mexico through many travels, and not being from mexico I dont know the difference, but if you get caught on the toll road you are a little more screwed. Yes you still have to pay a fine, but instead of getting slapped on the wrist and let go for 40 dollars you get to drink unfiltered mexico water and eat rice and flies for a few days to go along with the extended mexico/jail vacation. Trust me I know, I tried offering them money and were insulted at that idea, yet 50 feet on the safari road held up over the ocean cliff by toothpicks you have no problem driving on smoking joints. These guys are business men on the side roads. Once I was in this little lobster town rolling a joint out of some dirt I got off a street vendor and all of a sudden rushing up to my window is a cop. My buddy in the car was scared speechless while Im like chill watch. Almost instantly the cop asks for meth in a Im hurtin for a fix fashion and saw this guy was cool/sorta He saw the weed and said it was illegal and wanted 20 dollars and my weed and hed go , I said I will give you 30 and you let me keep the weed and he was cool with it. If you speak just english expect the 20-30 dollars to be anywhere from 60 dollars to your watches, credit cards , beer, sometimes all your money, maybe your car, your girlfriend, Dog (tacos), whatever they want. And if the drugged out cool being Mexico cop asks for cocaina, that means coke. He probably wants that so he can take your car. He will also just as well take 10 dollars and situation avoided. Mexico is dirty and is like a carnival of drug dealers and low wage employees and white people are just money to them.

Last edited:

Diego

If you are hurting for weed and a sure fire weed source in mexico I have found is to walk through the vendor areas, scout for pipe sellers. Marble, metal, glass, etc There are quite a few of them. Then once you find one you are satisfied will not run and tell the cops say the word mota a few times, in low voices. Dont say it to loud cause if you didnt know mota means weed. This sounds funny, but have got weed quite a few times this way. The guy with the gold tooth will smile and say cuantas, this means how much pretty much. say what ever dollar denomination and voilla you got weed. 9 out of 10 times I actually had to give the vendor the money and wait at his stand with his dad (or whoevers watching the stand) and the guy will run two stands down and get a sack and give it to you. Next time go to the stand where the guy ran to get the sack and your sack will be 3 to 5 times as big. 10 dollars gets you anywhere from a 1-100 grams you never know what the deal is there.

Last edited:

Jahminded

Bring your own......make sure NOT to take any home with you. I did this when I studied abroad in Mexico for a couple months. Only problem I had was finding places to smoke....make sure you are well out of the way of prying eyes.

I took an ounce with me of some really good smoke. Locals there thought I was crazy....they said it smelled funny and didn't think it would be any good......half hour later they were all layed out on the couches and beds not knowing which way was up.....classic.

If you buy in Mexico the likelyhood of you getting your hands on anything of medical quality is very slim.....most of the stuff for sale on the streets is the same shit weed......If you need quality cannabis bring it with you.

GDL Indoor VIP

Change

Change

Mexico has experienced some changes in the last few, its quite easy to obtain medicinal grade herb at very flexible rate.
tiphat.gif

Ive been living in Centro GDL for about 2 years now and i have not had a problem with that.:woohoo:

It really depends where you are.

This is important due to the fact your cannabis use is medicinal.

Latest posts

Latest posts