What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mental health issues

littlegrow

when i first met my gf now fiancee 4 years ago she was a very happy go lucky hard working women who enjoyed being in care work, since then she has lost her grandad and had an operation go bad and ended up inside a mental hospital for a few months due to the voices

and she struggles everyday with the voices and the meds they give her never help its useless but recently i have found her smoking cannabis brings her back to her old self, happy, loveable and i honestly i love it because shes not depressed the voices are blocked out but i can't help but worry and i need some advice

is continues use of cannabis the answer for this long term on going problem ?

Dog Star

Veteran
If she hears voices than cannabis is not for her,maybe strong CBD meds are good
for this issues,but THC strains are not great for scizophrenia...

CBD is antipsychotic while THC is psychotic and can made her problems...

look in CBD..

soil margin

Veteran
Dog Star I think you maybe confused the term 'psychoactive' with 'psychotic'. There is no such thing as a 'psychotic' drug. At least it's not defined in any medical or scientific sense that I've ever seen. Although there are many 'anti-psychotic' drugs sold by pharmaceutical companies.

littlegrow as to your question, no one can truly answer that except yourself and your wife. If you see some benefit from the cannabis and it improves health/quality of life, then experiment with it. Start with small doses of THC and CBD, see what effects it has.

Personally I think cannabis has potential to help people with mental health problems, but is unlikely to be a cure-all, magic fix type of substance. It's something that could be a small help along the way towards recovery.

herbgreen

Veteran
Whatever's working is working and thats good!

Strains effects vary widely what dogstar says is true and verified

But who knows.....If its doin the trick thats great!

I cant say THC is "psychotic"... but CBD is proven anti-psychotic

Now straight laboratory pure THC is gonna be another story

And usually that's the experiment they do....Take a subject with no experience with cannabis and give 'em an intravenous shot of pure synthetic THC...oh look how weird they are getting....its marijuana it causes psychosis!

Most really high THC strains seem to have a fair amount of cbd ratio. To get that top potency there's usually indica in the mix and that brings in the other cannabinoids that slow THC down a bit. Cbd is a major antagonist to THC....any amount really slows it down.

There's such a mix of terpenes and other things that synergize to create the effects ... plus your set and setting and method of ingestion.

Its the lower thc strains that can fool people...12% thc and 0.000001 % cbd that's where things can get a little weird if youre not expecting it

It seems like many problems happen to people who have zero tolerance and basically never get high....Then they think 3 hits off a bong will be no problem... wrong. (now they are uncomfortable)

They really needed 1 hit off a pipe and wait a few minutes....

But it can be worse with edibles because they dont know the dose or the effect and all of a sudden they are all kinds of fucked up

If she uses cannabis.... just use it on the regular and should be good

Dog Star

Veteran
THC is a psychotic... CIA used pure 100% THC as a serum of truth but they didnt have
sucess since all of tested subjects was trippin so hard in a state of psychosis induced
by pure THC...

Weed have more than just THC.. other Cannabionids also have some sinergistic
action... i was refer to pure THC or strains that have dominant THC profile..

this ones are to avoid if you hear voices..

thats why i say CBD meds are for his girl..,it have opposite action of THC one..

DJXX

Veteran
when i first met my gf now fiancee 4 years ago she was a very happy go lucky hard working women who enjoyed being in care work, since then she has lost her grandad and had an operation go bad and ended up inside a mental hospital for a few months due to the voices

and she struggles everyday with the voices and the meds they give her never help its useless but recently i have found her smoking cannabis brings her back to her old self, happy, loveable and i honestly i love it because shes not depressed the voices are blocked out but i can't help but worry and i need some advice

is continues use of cannabis the answer for this long term on going problem ?

i think i read somewhere that mushrooms(magic ones) have been used with great success in cases like this, you may want to look into it...this ladyhad similar problems and i think a mushie dose once a month really helped her>>DJXX

Dog Star

Veteran
His girl feel good from weed cause of different cannabionides and they made
better connection between neurotransmitters and neurons..

shes adrenal function is still good,thats why she feel nice from weed and more normal,
but this could change after she depleat adrenaline in shes body,
then she could be hitted by stronger depressions that will made mayhem between
different neurotransmitters and if she uses THC dominant profile plants
she could fall easily in psychosis.

Persons that hear voices under psychosis can make mayhem cause shes brain
gets too much active,while she in same time thinks she is normal in their actions,
or she can be paranoid and delusional,also not good combo..

thats why i say she need only CBD,its not good to give them THC..

Maple_Flail

Straying from the entourage effect won't do much good either.

Different combinations work differently for everyone, going pure on anything won't help as much as a mixed combination.

So rather than looking at it from one side. lets look at it from both.

what will THC dominance do in certain situations.

well before bed, It could increase the quality of sleep by inhibiting dreams, on the flip side it could also drive someone already prone to psychosis into a fit. and somewhere in the middle depending on their daily routines or habits there may be other factors at play.

What would CBD dominance do in certain situations?

again before bed, it could help sleep and reduce anxiety however it could turn someone hyper alter if they are prone to such interactions and somewhere in the middle the CBD content would inhibit the effects of the reduced thc to over all be less effective.

unfortunately with the lack of solid information and purely simply due to the majority of the plant still remaining to be unidentified so far. Many compounds we don't know exactly what they are and how they interact.

each patient need to find the ratios and things that work for them, as everyone in this aspect with be unique in some fashion. We may have an idea for starting points of some stuff but its all rather variable based on the person taking it.

Many avenues can be taken, the effect of combustion or vaporizing with differ to the effects of the same strain activated and put in a proper carrier oil to maximized the delta 11 conversion in the body, and again a differing effect if you eat it in a more traditionally highly saturated fat baked goods manner.

But bar none, the most important thing is a clean product. you don't want OTHER things like salt residue and other nonsense effecting the situation as well.

I will close in saying there is no, singular way by itself that will help mental issues. Yes Cannabis of some sort can help you just need to find it. That being said diet, general health, many things go into a cumulative effect when dealing with mental issues.

For my mental issue which I choose not to get into specifically, I find that between diet and having attainable daily accomplishments to do every day has been enough with my preference of high THC strains (again, unique situations have a natural physical tolerance as well as other things going on), I find that for my needs (again this does not go for everyone) having more than tiny amount of cbd counter act the THC too much for my needs. If i consume the CBD in food, due to my metabolism it lasts quite a long time for me so it kind balances out.

Hope this helps

herbgreen

Veteran
Whatever it is....

There is a ton of therapeutic value in growing plants and the light can even help w/seasonal depression

Get a little tent and go for it!!!

Farm Hero

Your wife needs decarboxylated edible cannabis ASAP, just build up her tolerance to it VERY slowly. She does not need less THC, she needs MORE and she needs to eat it everyday, throughout the day in small amounts, while trying to steadily/safely increase these amounts over time.

When you mentioned she had an "operation with complications", that said it all! Your wife has a systemic Candida albicans infection in her brain brought on by heavy antibiotics given to her during surgery. Same thing happened to me after spine fusion surgery, thought I was going nuts, it was actually a pathogenic fungus and cannabis oil can kill it, even inside the brain since cannabis safely passes thru the blood/brain barrier. Encephalopathy (brain swelling) resulting from Candida albicans inside the brain indeed can cause voices, trust me.

When cannabinoids kills off the Candida, she will feel ill from the heavy metals, acetaldehyde and other chemicals it drops into the bloodstream. It is important for her to drink plenty of water and I'd recommend eating Bentonite clay and powdered, activated carbon to help rid the body of these toxins. She will urinate frequently for a couple weeks, this is normal at the beginning when taking decarboxylated cannabis medicine internally.

I would also recommend she eats MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) with her edible cannabis, this will help with absorption greatly as it turns to DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) inside the belly when it meets hydrochloric acid. DMSO then carries the cannabinoids deep inside all tissues of the body, for complete saturation. Plus, the Candida is further defeated by the organic sulfur present in MSM and DMSO.

It will take time, your wife will completely return to normal, but I would recommend that she take a "maintainer dose" of cannabis for the rest of her life because I am convinced that systemic Candida is actually cancer and it is embedded deep inside her, best to be safe and eat maintainer amounts of cannabis for life.

At the end of her heavy cannabis treatment, your wife will be fully back to normal, glowing and beautiful again! Nothing better than decarboxylated cannabis for muscle tone, skin, hair, nails, eyes, gums, teeth, mental and physical health!

She may need to eat a pound or more worth of flowers over the next few months, so guess it is time to turn the littlegrow into a guerilla or something larger but cannabis is 100% the answer to her mental problems. So glad I saw this thread and so glad you included that info about her surgery. You're going to save her with your skills growing cannabis... I've seen it happen personally a few times, in fact it has yet to fail.

P.S. I'd bet she has "floaters" in her vision too, that is common with Candida and Lyme infections once they make it to the head. If so, tell her that cannabis will clear her vision of floaters over time, no need to worry.

Also, tell her to never speak to her doctors of her cannabis treatment, when the cannabis stops the voices, she can be weaned off the big pharma poison that is not working. Doctors against cannabis have a nasty habit of informing your insurance company of cannabis use in violation of the patient/doctor confidentiality clause.

If she cannot afford Rick Simpson type decarboxylated cannabis oil, you can just decarboxylate cannabis nugs inside a rolled-up foil tube with the ends folded over to seal it. Baking the tube in the oven @ 220 degrees for 45 minutes works best for us. Allow to cool before opening the decarboxylated flower tube. Eat these activated buds dipped in an oil like grape seed, olive or coconut for best absorption and more mileage. Tastes fine. After just a few weeks of eating decarboxylated cannabis everyday, her improvement will be undeniable!

Maple_Flail

Your wife needs decarboxylated edible cannabis ASAP, just build up her tolerance to it VERY slowly. She does not need less THC, she needs MORE and she needs to eat it everyday, throughout the day in small amounts, while trying to steadily/safely increase these amounts over time.

When you mentioned she had an "operation with complications", that said it all! Your wife has a systemic Candida albicans infection in her brain brought on by heavy antibiotics given to her during surgery. Same thing happened to me after spine fusion surgery, thought I was going nuts, it was actually a pathogenic fungus and cannabis oil can kill it, even inside the brain since cannabis safely passes thru the blood/brain barrier. Encephalopathy (brain swelling) resulting from Candida albicans inside the brain indeed can cause voices, trust me.

When cannabinoids kills off the Candida, she will feel ill from the heavy metals, acetaldehyde and other chemicals it drops into the bloodstream. It is important for her to drink plenty of water and I'd recommend eating Bentonite clay and powdered, activated carbon to help rid the body of these toxins. She will urinate frequently for a couple weeks, this is normal at the beginning when taking decarboxylated cannabis medicine internally.

I would also recommend she eats MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) with her edible cannabis, this will help with absorption greatly as it turns to DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) inside the belly when it meets hydrochloric acid. DMSO then carries the cannabinoids deep inside all tissues of the body, for complete saturation. Plus, the Candida is further defeated by the organic sulfur present in MSM and DMSO.

It will take time, your wife will completely return to normal, but I would recommend that she take a "maintainer dose" of cannabis for the rest of her life because I am convinced that systemic Candida is actually cancer and it is embedded deep inside her, best to be safe and eat maintainer amounts of cannabis for life.

At the end of her heavy cannabis treatment, your wife will be fully back to normal, glowing and beautiful again! Nothing better than decarboxylated cannabis for muscle tone, skin, hair, nails, eyes, gums, teeth, mental and physical health!

She may need to eat a pound or more worth of flowers over the next few months, so guess it is time to turn the littlegrow into a guerilla or something larger but cannabis is 100% the answer to her mental problems. So glad I saw this thread and so glad you included that info about her surgery. You're going to save her with your skills growing cannabis... I've seen it happen personally a few times, in fact it has yet to fail.

P.S. I'd bet she has "floaters" in her vision too, that is common with Candida and Lyme infections once they make it to the head. If so, tell her that cannabis will clear her vision of floaters over time, no need to worry.

Also, tell her to never speak to her doctors of her cannabis treatment, when the cannabis stops the voices, she can be weaned off the big pharma poison that is not working. Doctors against cannabis have a nasty habit of informing your insurance company of cannabis use in violation of the patient/doctor confidentiality clause.

If she cannot afford Rick Simpson type decarboxylated cannabis oil, you can just decarboxylate cannabis nugs inside a rolled-up foil tube with the ends folded over to seal it. Baking the tube in the oven @ 220 degrees for 45 minutes works best for us. Allow to cool before opening the decarboxylated flower tube. Eat these activated buds dipped in an oil like grape seed, olive or coconut for best absorption and more mileage. Tastes fine. After just a few weeks of eating decarboxylated cannabis everyday, her improvement will be undeniable!

I agree with a fair amount of things here, however suggesting a pound of Flower will be needed within months is quite the exaggeration. it will likely take a women new to edibles that long to get up to a "starting dose"

Also the doctor thing, I don't know where you live, and frankly don't need to know, but I can't agree with this.
If we want to be taken seriously in any medical field, we need to bring these people along for the discovery.

The majority of doctors I encounter regarding cannabis as medicine are very intrigued(YMMV). however this may be a fact of living in canada. They want to "catch" up with what the underground has been doing and knows before they start fitting those things into trials and clinical tests.

As new studies are starting to look at different edible "blends" of Raw and decarbed constituents mostly in the mental health field (schizophrenia treatment study with massive doses of (raw)THCA and activated CBD and vice versa)

Now looking at your decarb point and now the amount you mentioned, things are starting to click.. your are hardly even activating all the THC. and barely touching the CBD

Google," Dr Paul Hornby Decarboxylation ", Peak conversion happens just before 311*F.

And I generally go for longer than an hour (i'm making sure all the cbd gets vibrating with as little boil off as possible as it has a similar decarb point ) and I make a Pillow out of tin foil with a parchment paper base, then place that in a ceramic bake dish at the top of the oven. with that method I'm not starting my timer until the internal temp gets to 245*F (simple meat thermo with temp probe works well best 20$ i'v sent for the job) and i don't let the temperature exceed 300*F within the dish the average plateau is around 292*-296* having the vessel at the top of the oven with give the most consistent heat while using the ceramic to shield the bud from oven ramp up.

every single patient i've shared this with has started to use this temp and vague method to manage their edible and they find they are needing to use less as more is getting activated.

Cheers hope this helps

Farm Hero

I've done decarboxylation points all over the scale and for my equipment, sea level and liver this works best according to lab tests, effect and years of experience, the reason I said "works best for us" previously.

In my country, a young, aspiring doctor's medical education is subsidized by big pharma. The curriculum is controlled by the same and nothing really learned. When these shell-doctors graduate and are given jobs... they receive kickbacks, vacations and bonuses for hitting big pharmas prescribing goals (pill pushers) that owe a debt to their creditors, educators and bosses. The result: completely owned doctors with zero allegiance to their patients.

I will not bring these "experts" which are the majority were I live, into my healthcare decisions any longer. I am in the country of "responsible trustworthy doctors" causing the largest opioid epidemic in our history, resulting in the most deaths ever recorded from pills.

Nature does not make killer pills, yet you warn us that it likely takes several months for a woman to get up to a starting cannabis dose? Several months to get up to a 10mg dose when 1000mg of decarbed cannabis oil per day is the goal? Sir, you have no business speaking on the subject of cannabis medicine whatsoever.

Your Rockefeller model of medicine seeks to cure nothing, only wishing to capitalize on the symptom relief. This plastic healthcare model is a severe erosion of the Hippocratic Oath.

Today's medical oath: Never Heal the Golden Goose (sad, true, greedy and disgusting)

Trust in modern western medicine is quickly becoming ancient history. Cannabis should be your first defense in everyday diet and thousands of years prove this be be a naturally safe and sane choice, not to mention the hundreds of peer reviewed studies proving the same. Not to mention the patents on cannabis as a natural nerve protectant and anti-inflammatory agent of the absolute highest order.

Screw a prescription book of chemicals. People are waking up to your shell game.

Maple_Flail

So it went from a few month to a couple months now several? so what is it? 3-4 months in I don't know many that find they need that much from just starting out regardless of their condition. it simply isn't comfortable for them.

I'm talking about building up a tolerance so someone can take a massive dose of the cannabinoids if its actually needed. If you've ever actually tried to do this for anyone other than yourself? doesn't really sound like it.

You, have your Causes messed up, It is not the doctors it is the governments on that fact. Despite what you seem to think many doctors put themselves thru school by their own money, not only that but relocate to areas where they can actually treat patients safely.

if you've got a problem with big pharma (which everyone should), you have a problem with your government supporting big pharma. Doctors can only do what laws allow them.

Here in canada there is medical right. its not the only place in the world where that right exists. If you ask me you sound like you are from a place not too far from here.

I'm sorry to break it to you, cannabis can't fix everything by itself.. even it needs a little help once in awhile.

Don't try to speaking like you have any grasp of my approach, or my business speaking about cannabis as a medicine, you speak ill about medical professionals yet you see the need to diagnose her yourself? what makes you any better?

X

xavier7995

I don't think cannabis is a good treatment for mental health issues. Many people use it to self medicate...but man it is impossible to say if it works or not. I have encountered a number of people with mental health issues that tell me about how kicking psych meds and just smoking weed has been great for them and they now "see through the bullshit mannnnnn" but a good percentage of the time they then turn around and start talking to a tree or imaginary person. Not enough is known about how cannabis effects the brain.

oldbootz

Veteran
My girl cannot consume cannabis. She has had a few weeks of schizophrenic episodes when she was younger brought on by LSD and weed and the schizophrenia runs in her family. Now its been many years with her avoiding those things and she is 100% perfect mental health.

A lot of medical advice will tell you that weed and schizo type problems don't go together, but each persons situation is different.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy Fuck Farm Hero.

Which Youtube documentary are you using as a reference on that fingerpainted medical license?

You'd be doing everyone a favour if you refrained from commenting on serious medical and mental health issues that you have no training, education, or experience with.

Easy7

Veteran
THC is a good mood stabilzer. Cbd is good for voices and excited states.

Neither is legal federally so that gives some paranoia.

I am thought to be schizoaffective. Before that bipolar with psychotic features and even once paranoid schizophrenic.

Honestly when I was tripping I Thought the cia was funny. But professionals project their own fearful emotions. I have tripped a lot and cannot always cope. The world is far from a daydream.

I miss weed a lot, all kinds. I have less freedom now than ever. Can't smoke or grow. I never truly feel good and all they care about is how they feel about me.

Antipsychotics don't stop 'voices'. They retard brain function and can be painful, emotionally and physically.

Honestly I'd rather bake myself retarded and watch tv. But I have learned too much about society and her lies. The bullshit people believe in that divides the world and any cosmic perpective of love for love and unity for unity.

I know my experiences are subconscious. But sometimes I dream things that come true. So I look to things for advantages to better my situation. This has led to fasting and meditation. Yet that takes a lot of the right mindset!

If only states of ecstasy were easier to obtain without a mushroom. I have known a lot of cruel people. Now I just realize people that complicate my lufe are stupid. But we cannot all have bad karma. That is not an answer.

I just don't think industrial strength white anglosaxon protestant America is going to help me feel anything good

M

moose eater

To the OP.

I had numerous clients in mh who self-medicated with cannabis, and as some have pointed out, it's not for everyone. For some, they perceived it as a cure, while in reality, -some- (not all) found themselves in repeated cycles of self-sabotage in work and relationships because of it.

Yet for others, it seemed to work, to one extent or another.

That said, each person's circumstances and metabolism/psyche have some unique variance, and little is truly known about why some medicines work for others, for some they don't work at all, and for others, the meds can make things worse... whether folk remedies or Rx drugs.

Add to that the vast lack of certainty in understanding the onset, causes, nature, etc., of many conditions that are categorized generally as 'mental illness.'

If you research cases purportedly misdiagnosed (??) loosely as 'chronic mental illness,' involving various forms or expressions of psychosis, you can find a niche group with what I believe is some validity to their observations. Stanislas Graff/Graf (spelling?) was one such person in that group..

I listened to a presentation at a conference in Oakland, back in the 1990's, by a Judith Miller (not the nationalist press stooge who fabricated and presented CIA-generated tripe re. WMDs during the Iraq invasion, via her 'articles' in the New York Times, but a different woman by the same name), who also referenced Aldous Huxley as a supporter of their theory/hypothesis.

Their 'group' believed that there are persons who exhibit symptoms easily misdiagnosed as chronic mental illness, that otherwise are more aptly attributed to phase of life, emotional growth obstacles that cause some of these symptoms. They claimed that the use of various strategies could take these persons through their hurdles and 'blockages,' and help them past the threshold of impasse, back into a 'functioning' life (yet another vague generality, in my opinion.. 'functioning life').

They stated in their research that those persons who were interviewed or involved in the study, who were among the group alleged to be misdiagnosed, stated that they had an experience of making their way through the process (I won't bore you with the somewhat common descriptions used for this process by the subjects in the research), but that the prescribed medicating/over-medicating with Rx psychotropic medications/anti-psychotic meds, caused them to feel pulled backward through this process, preventing them from exiting 'the other end of their struggle.'

A friend in under-grad school became markedly and actively psychotic, with delusions and hallucinations a-plenty, which was, in my opinion, wrongly attributed to some hallucinogens and coke. I had been involved in his life as a friend/acquaintance for some time, and knew of other factors in his life that were stressful, that may have gone unnoticed by those rendering their diagnosis with/in his case..

His psychotic episode was acute and pronounced, and lasted for most of a year or more.. I'll skip the more specific details of his expression of this condition.

He was initially diagnosed with a schizophreniform (sp?) disorder, and medicated. Over time he gradually removed himself from the Rx regimen the Docs had initially placed him on. He went on to be a well-regarded father, husband, and was a manager for a major information retrieval system, helping to provide reliable information to a fairly well-respected entity. Stress management was a huge part of his success, and he later commented on the necessity of this as a then-part of his life routine..

As another said, if cannabis seems to genuinely be working for your gf, then more power to her. If there's more going on than meets the eye, either now or later on, then I hope she's able to tell you these things in a way that you can act as a support for her when she needs it, and choose helpful paths in the event that cannabis ceases to benefit her.

The fact that cannabis has tens of active components also might have you/she question if it's cannabis in general that helps her, or if it's a specific strain or type of cannabis.

I'll refrain from elaborating further re. my time working in mh, or my general skepticism re. the mental health field. But I'd encourage you and your gf to put significant weight on your own perceptions/experiences/observations (both of you), and not handing 100% faith over to whom ever she's seeing in the mh field. There are many persons working within that field who are skilled, compassionate, thoughtful, and competent. There are many who should not be working in that field at all. And many in between.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts