What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x 600w - can only do 6 plants coz law, how long veg for good yields?

v1ru5

The question is pretty much in the header... Except forgot to add HPS into it..

I can only do 6 plants because if I do more, my previous convictions enable the coppers to put me in prison...

How long would you veg them?

Strains would be either or a mix of:

AJ's Sour Diesel
Chem D
Amnesia Core Cut (the 1995 one)
Trainwreck (not from seed, the american elite clone)

What would be your strain pick? Or what mix?

Last edited:
Depends on the size and height of your grow space ...

Once switched to flower, plants can grow 3 times the size...

In hydro 2 - 4 weeks veg is about standard...

hazyfontazy

Veteran
i'd go with the amnesia,ammy is easier to control than the the others ,,the others really stretch do yield well but take a lot of work

v1ru5

Skunkpassion and hazyfontazy: thank you for your replies.

The tent I am getting will be 240cm long, 120cm wide and 200cm high, so in freedom units thats like what, almost 8 ft long, almost 4 feet wide, 6½ feet high..

As the lights will be in aircooled hoods, and using some hanger things to hang them, the max height I would get them would be probably like 180cm (just under 6 ft). 180 minus 39 = 141cm (55½ inch), and given that the plants can't be touching the hoods - maybe 15cm from the hood is the minimum distance, 141 minus 15 is 126cm (~49½ inch)...
So basically I could grow 120cm / 4 foot plants...

Easy7

Veteran
Probably around 2 months veg. 3 is an odd number per light. It's doable. Likely best to have one plant scrogged out with 2 months veg per light.

This is why I think that watt limits are better than plant counts for indoors. All it does with plant counts is raise the electricity costs from veg time (which is most expensive phase).

clown baby

Freedom units... love it.

If you want to run 2x600w over 6 plants in a 4x8 tent, i'd put them in a 3x2 grid and train them into a screen to make the most of it. SCROG. Veg time just depends on how long they take to fill out the screen. Might take a little longer since you'll be topping, but it should maximize your yield.

plenty of scrog grows on this site. just type it into the search bar

v1ru5

Easy7 and clown baby: Thank you for your replies. I appreciate that you took the time to read through my post and contribute.

However, I wouldn't want to ScrOG, it is so much hassle.

And I know how to do a ScrOG and how they look like, but I've never done one as I like "easy grows" instead of having to tinker around the growroom every few days.

But maybe you are right, and I just have to bend over and take the big black ScrOG up my growroom.

by popular request here an answer to the post itself ..

you will need to do either of the following to really use the tent, LST or SCROG because your best option would be to run the 6 in a row,
each trained to be 120x40 canopy size

having the 600 hps in there will also require some clearance from the tents ceiling so keep them low but wide and bushy

take your time for LST if scrog isnt your thing, its the only option for fat yields with this plantcount

v1ru5

stinkydinky: Thank you for your contribution! :)

I know I have to go more sideways somehow, but not really keen to install nets etc into the tent.

Maybe I will just top the living fuck out of them and supercrop like crazy.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Vertical bare bulbs and DTW coco, in 11 litre pots you'll get at least 8 oz per plant, more likely 10-12, that's before you dial it in

Latest posts

Latest posts