What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hail Hydra!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

I started em 3 days apart, but since one was preflowering and I don't feel like doing complex math. Foghorns @ week 1 /7 days.
just calling em #2/#3 for now. which is which? doesn't matter right now since they haven't really started blooming yet. #2 can be the skinny leaf. wide leaf on left in white pot, skinny on right in airpot.

F-3 @ 2 weeks / 14 days fairly frosty for a 2 weeks flower runty trouble plant I almost scrapped several times. what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved

bubba@28 days. I went and looked at the first pictures I took when I stuck it in the tent. 4 weeks / 28 days ago exactly from when I took those pics.

2 days past that and we're on day @ 30. today.
the defoliating may or may not be making a difference in yield. the lower stuff seems to be a tiny little bit less larfy from the light hitting it. hopefully it will end up as something worth putting into the jar rather than the paper bag I keep my trim in for making butter. the top stuff is chunky like it was last time, buds grow like a top heavy woman, large up top and then everything below the waist is skinny. but a couple calyxes look really large this time. might be some errant pollen. gonna hit it with bloom booster for the next week and see what that do. prolly gonna defoliate once more when I start the flush at day 63. :dance013:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
been a couple weeks i'll do a quick update to catch us up. I decided to swap out my MH for the HPS, temps are actually slightly cooler than with the MH. I guess because the bulb is like 60% smaller. plus it's winter (so they say) and overnight temps are slightly cooler.

picture.php

DonkeyKong @23 days according to my calendar

picture.php

SkinnyLeaf Foghorn @19 days. this one i'm def not gonna clone, and it's in here tentatively it may or may not still get chopped. started showing what looked like male flowers (balls) growing on a couple of the lower branches on the second nodes down from the top. I planned to pluck em once I was sure fast forward a week or so and I decide to check the progress of those balls and they were definite balls. while I was doing that inspection I noticed balls and nanners all over the place. 1 single ball with nanners ready to pop were on each branch at the second node from the top. so I plucked all those shits out. one may have opened up before I caught it, I see some baby seeds forming here and there in some of my other buds.

picture.php

left side. Strawberry diesel@22days / right side is the Wide Leaf Foghorn @16 days. no such nanner issues, pruned heavily at the bottom and still pretty bushy. stretched like a motherfucker too. been having some trouble with keeping the pot watered. gonna have to set my drippers back up again. the dry roots every 24 hours might be the reason for the runaway stretching.

picture.php

picture.php

BubbaKush @46 days or so looks a lot different from last run because I didn't top and i'm also trying bloom boosting for the first time and I switched to HPS like 2 weeks ago. lotta crazy shit going on.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

Another bubba pic. same day. just because.

picture.php

picture.php

camera must have gotten some butter on the lens.
picture.php

F-3 @day26 really getting dense early. i'm definitely gonna clone this and pop some more of these seeds to see how uniform the offspring are. hopefully they are mostly all similar and this one wasn't a one in a million plant. smell is really stanky right now, I dunno what to call it really aggravating skunk, burnt rubber smell. kinda gives you a headache if you smell it for too long. my carbon scrubber it nothing to this plant. I smell it even when i'm sitting in the room all day being used to the smells in there.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

The last Foghorn still in veg getting big waiting for a slot. maybe in the next 20-30 days or so should go to flower.
dunno if I ever showed it but it started growing funny about 3-4 weeks ago. the top node suddenly started growing downward and it stayed like that for about 3 weeks as the branches grew out around it. then it started straightening back out again and growing towards up. right now if you can make it out, it's growing sideways. definitely a crazy recovery from the initial early issues it suffered.

picture.php

my WBSSK stopped growing at the top almost immediately really. after week one. it hasn't done anything since. i'm just waiting and seeing what happens. I hope it pulls out of it and eventually grows right. it's got a super strong berry smell even from week 1 and it's pretty dark green almost blue/black looking. could turn out to be something special if it lives. love me some mutants.

picture.php

this one I call "Ill Will" because I got the weed from a guy named will. I sprouted like 12 of these 8(or so) year old seeds and they all came up pretty fast but one by one they died away, most of them some sort of issue with the medium being too wet they didn't stretch out the taproot and most damped off. one was surviving with this one right up until 2 days before this pic when it suddenly wilted over and died. I repotted everything in plain coco that next day. hopefully whatever was attacking my plants is gone now.

to the left of this in the pot with the blue stick is a BSK#1 on the right is my WBSSK, both the same age. like I said the WBSSK just stopped growing on me, hopefully the side branches come up.

picture.php

I think this one is a GG#4xGxTwoG I got from "a guy"
I don't really know what any of that is I think maybe GG#4 crossed to an OG cross? I dunno i'm just calling it "5G" for tracking purposes.
I say I think because...

picture.php

I had 4 seeds in a seedling tray 1 "5G", and 3 RGM which I think are (Magenta99xRoyalaGuavella) don't quote me on that but I think that's the cross. I also got from "a guy". anyway I was moving the seedling tray from my heated dome to my tent after I saw a couple of sprouts poking. and being a clumsy fucker and too lazy to use 2 hands, I dropped the fucking tray and of course it landed upside down and bounced losing the marker I had on the 5G and mixing everything up. anyway of the 4 sprouts, all came up, but one damped off and died. these are either as I labeled them or all 3 are RGM. time will tell, but since 2 are uniform they're most likely RGM, and i'm sure but not 100% the bigger one that had come up already was the 5G. one of those is 5G i'm almost certain. my memory is fuzzy but I think the first 2 up were one 5G and one RGM, I know the one that died came up last and was likely an RGM. but since I dropped the tray there's no telling if the last one up was actually the last one to sprout or just one of the already up seed that I buried too deep upon replanting. time will tell.

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
finally back with another update after almost 4 weeks.
it's chop time for my bubba kush. I took to to 73+ days this time, last round was like 63 or something like that. gonna chop sometime before we get to 80.

picture.php

picture.php

this looks almost 100% different from the first run. it's a little cooler this grow because of winter. plus I swapped bulbs from mh to hps around week 4. seemed to stall out after that point really. the buds took on a foxtailed appearance and started to stretch out a little. but nothing else came of it. oh and it turned a little purple around the edges. seems a little less leafy, but I also heavily defoliated this time too. my mom appears to have died when I transplanted it into a 5inch pot /sadface
I guess there must have been some fungus or disease in that pot I didn't wash 100% with bleachwater. let that be a lesson kids. safety first.
i'm gonna reveg this as insurance against the cuts I took from the mom before it completely wilted. for reference, scroll up. it looks just like that foghorn I revived from the brink of death. one day it was nice vigorous growth, the next day it was all limp like it was thirsty.

next up in a couple weeks is my F-3@52 days. this thing is solid, I bet I could probably beat someone to death with this baseball bat.
i'm constantly watching for mold since my experiences with other plants last run that got this solid. smells very citrusy and kinda like a bleachy chemical scent.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
next up we got the strawberry sour haze @ day 46/47 one of those. smelling real nice as always strong strawberry scents, starting to get the lemony back end that combines for an overall tangerine scent. real nice. starting to get it's weight up as we pull into the station for harvest. it's amazing how fat these buds will get in the next 2-3 weeks.
picture.php

here's the Foghorn#3 @ 42 days today exactly 6 weeks. finally started packing on weight. I was starting to think I saved a dud for a second. just started making bigger buds, last week looked like little popcorn all over. I attribute it to finally getting my water under control. just goes to show how important a proper watering schedule is. finally installed my drips, my hand watering one at lights on and lights off just wasn't cutting it. it shows too on a few plants that got bad burns from the coco drying out and the high ppm feed. I lowered the ppm's to no more than 450ppm or .9 EC on a hanna scale. since I feed with every watering 8 times a day the 800ppm's I started with was way too much. such drastic results between hand water 2x a day @800ppm vs 8x a day drip feed @ 400ppms. lol.
just the beginnings of frost starting to show, smells are real pungent, very dank smelling with a dried fruity smell like papaya or something equally as tropic. like a dried old piece of fruit someone forgot in a closet under some dirty socks.

picture.php

the other Foghorn#2@45days is a faster grower and appears to be headed for a 60 day finish. it's almost identical to the mother plant (Goldrush "dicklicker pheno") cept this one is way more prone to nanners. I found a single one in the mom after harvest. but aside from all the male sacs I had to pluck off in week 3 it's a dead ringer. structure wise anyway. classic indica look, one long cola and a skirt of smaller rock hard buds. this pic is after I took off all the large fan leaves that suffered during by bad water drought. they all got yellow and purple and crispy over the course of a couple weeks. this plant is easily the most colorful ive grown in a while if not ever. these cool temps really made it pop. smells are really coming on strong as it ripens too. started off with a strong lemony chemical dead skunk smell, but now its very fruity like ripe fruit, I wanna say like mango. but super ripe like almost about to rot. I just wanna break off a couple of lower buds and shove em in my nostrils.
picture.php

picture.php

with the bubba in the background. bubba is like 2 feet tall.
picture.php

Last edited:

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
BSK#1(BoyScoutKushies)@day3 nothing much to report about this one cept it's a sensitive plant or an autoflower type like the mom. week 4 or so of veg as I was about to up pot some seedlings I notice this one has shown sex. a few days later she just appears to be full on flowering under 18/6 light. so a week later a.k.a a few days ago I threw her in flower. this is like day 3 in the flower tent. got a little soggy from the floor of the tent being water logged by a timer malfunction on the drip system. ended up soaking up a lot of runoff from one or more of the other older plants. the nutes didn't seem to hurt any.
picture.php

lastly we have up this Donkey Kong (gg#4xRGT)@ day48, which has been annoying me since day 1 of flower. started off as a huge bush but ever since I put it under the big light it's just been shedding leaves. I've upped the feed till the point where it looked locked out and I had to flush. never stopped dropping fan leaves. all that lollypop and trimming I did was for nothing too. it all just grew back anyway. I guess I must have suffered some root rot somewhere. I dunno. i'm left with about 12 colas which are ok sized as long as they get more solid before I harvest. sucks to veg a plant that large and still pull the same weight as when you used a smaller pot. starting to get fairly nice in the frost department. the smell however is not what I know it should be. it just seems kind of bland greasy lemonish smell. like really old lemon oil. hopefully it improves as i flush, which will be coming up in a few weeks.
picture.php

picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Foghorn#4

Foghorn#4

picture.php

Foghorn#4 the resurrected one. finally got a spot open in the tent and it's finally recovered from that weird deformity... a little. So in he/she goes. hope she's a girl, still no sexing after some 8+weeks in veg.

picture.php

after the top (center of pic lower) got all deformed and confused the side branches of course had to take over. and since my veg tent is practically vert style we get this bowl shaped plant.

picture.php

She's really bushy so I pruned the hell out of the bottom right after these pics. took off everything cept the top 3 nodes. still ended up with like 12+ tops.

picture.php

the thick knot in the middle is the top of the main stem that mutated. curled over on itself like a loop then went through itself and came out the other side lol.

picture.php

the tiny little green leaves in the center is the actual top part of the plant if it didn't get deformed.
anyway that's where we're at now. the bubba was pretty heavy considering how small it was, I did a mild wet trim and took off all the major fans and most of the secondary leaves. hoping it's at least similar in yield to the last plant which was topped multiple times but was grown under mH and yielded a lot of leafy popcorn buds. pretty much half the plant was popcorn and the top of the buds were denser buds. i'm leaning either the mH doesn't penetrate deep enough in general or it was just too far away from the light overall because it's the shortest thing in the tent by far and furthest from the light. if I get another shot i'll figure out away to raise it even with the taller plants closest to the light.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

gg#4xrgt"GreaseMonkey" pheno day3 of flower. gonna flower out this last clone and i'm moving on. got a lotta seeds to run through.

picture.php

speaking of which my luck continues to hold up. I popped 9 seeds. and after like a week only 1 came up. the freshest most recently planted one. one seed of 5 I found in the last bubba kush run. I dusted it on purpose with one pollen source on a lower branch 2x. when that seemingly didn't take I dusted another branch one node up with a different more recently collected pollen. not like the 10 year old stuff I was testing. but this seed came from one of the upper buds on an even higher node. so I have no idea which male might be responsible. could be from whatever also pollinated most of the plants in the tent last run.

picture.php

transplanted this "5G" into a 1 gallon think is this size, bag, and instead of getting happy she got more sad looking. they were all looking sad a little but this one just being a bad looking plant in comparison. I started spraying my plants in veg with a little kelp and a pinch of Epsom salt and things are looking markedly better. so i'll keep up with the daily foliar sprays, must be drier in there than it seems. I think this is gonna be a girl not confirmed pistils yet but looks like female preflowers forming on the nodes near the top so I put her in the flower today. night 0.

picture.php

here cast against the backdrop of my veg tent we have both of the surviving RGM which are both girls confirmed today, and both confirmed to be RGM, while the other one has to be the GG#4xGxTwoG("5G") because it doesn't look or grow anything like these. gonna veg em a couple more weeks till I get space in flower and a free larger pot to put em in lol.

picture.php

I think I was taking these cuts off the plants in flower 2-3 weeks ago and now here we are nearly 4 weeks later and i'm almost ready to throw the one in the big pot into flower. the 2 in the back are foghorn#3 I took those cuts first, and I'm sure I swore I wasn't going to take cuts of #2 because of all the nanners I had to pick off at week 2-3 flower. but it's sample buds came out so lovely I had to try it once more at least and hope the nanners are not gonna come back. fast very vigorous reveg. I took these 2 in the front from the lowest baby buds of Fog#3 a week after I took the cuts from #2 in the back which didn't even have pistils on em yet.
I will get a better picture next time I hope. you can't see how fast this thing has revegged. the one on the right still look like a bud some, but the one I potted up just 2 days ago already starting to throw 3/5 finger leaves and branch again. 3 weeks from flowering cuts to rooted vegging clones. wow!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

One of the lower buds of Foghorn#2@59days. I took the top off a few days ago...like 5 days ago I believe. I was worried that they might get mold on em. my humidity has been high as hell in here and it's been cold and rainy so perfect breeding ground for mold.

picture.php

I found mold on the F-3@60days so I chopped the top off that and threw the rest into my veg tent hoping for a reveg. I was sad to have to chop it up like that. it was easily the most dense bud I've grown yet. and soooo sticky. and the best part is it's mostly bud. all bud pheno's in the house. I had to clip like 2 leaves from the bottom of each bud and when dry i'll go over the leaf tips real quick and breezy. got a lot of seeds in the main cola from pollen I didn't put on it. these are the low buds I intentionally dusted, have no Idea what pollenated the top, they're in there deep too so it must have been like week 1-2, this plant started flowering like day 3 of 12/12 and took off running.
picture.php

this is a terrible picture, what else is new, but if you look at the bud top center..slight left side of the image you can see a brown thing with white dots all over it. this is the tiny dead leaf that got moldy, the white stuff is mold spores. you don't wanna smoke that. it started to take the surrounding bud and rot into the bud and stem with the grey/white mold, which is what caught my attention first, I must have caught it on like day one or 2 of it starting. I was very fortunate. i'll only lose a couple grams. def gonna pray to the reveg gods about this one, if that doesn't work out i'll just go through those FD#3 seeds this came from. that's just one random pop out of hundred(s) of seeds.

picture.php

Foghorn#3@56days has stopped the new pistils and is starting to get a tiny amount of crystals going. also slowly starting to fade down. I think i'll be ready to start to flush it in a week or 2. this one is probably going to 70+ easy. it's got buds on the denser side but I can still see the sativa influence in her. no 60 day finish here. didn't really get any whiff of smells today but that's mostly because i'm sick.

picture.php

last up is a pic of the dry bubba buds from this last round. the first time around with the MH the buds were little roundish dense nugs like golf balls. this time they did a weird spiky foxtail looking thing under my HPS. less leaf overall than with the mh that's for sure, made trimming this a breeze. it was pretty much cut off a few little bottom bud leaves and then clip the stems apart. i'll have to try and run it again without defoliating. that might also attribute to how the buds came out. this will be a mystery for now. the mother died and i'm praying to the reveg gods for a miracle. we will see.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
ooops that pic of the 5G above is actually ILLWill, the survivor from a test pop of some 10 year old seeds. this pic here is the 5G. meant to take pics before I put it into the tent.
picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Strawberry/SSH @66 days.
it's 67 days now and thinks are catching up to where they should be, normally I would be taking this down in a couple of days but we seem to be stunted a little this grow. also see a couple of nanners sticking out of a couple of buds. this one gets stressed with underwatering/too high ppm's which I had a couple of times while i'm still tweaking my watering system.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GG#4xRGT[DonkeyKong] @ 67 days
68days and this is looking done. first complete run on her to see how long she flowers. previous grows of her I had to cut early for issues. started flushing a couple days ago and she's been looking starved the entire time so should only take a couple more days then chop. i'm getting rid of these gg#4xRGT's clones all 3 phenos been too much hassle for me and very little return, quality wise. i'm not about yield which is ok nothing to write home about. doesn't outyield my strawberries which are a breeze to grow in comparison. I just threw the last one in flower and then I have one more clone of the greasemonkey pheno and then i'm done with em. looks frosty though and it's really sticky and greasy/oily. I thought it smelled like grapefruit the first run from seed, but I haven't really gotten that in subsequent runs from clone.
picture.php

picture.php

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

last run on this apeshit phenol that likes to hermie on me. surprisingly only seen one or 2 nanners on 1 budsite and we're on day 53. this one is also nearing the finish line and I will be chopping the same time I take down the strawberries most likely. about 10 days from now day 63-64. fairly frosty like the donkey kong, but small yields. little popcorn og/cookie like buds. smells weird like something old and faded. like old oils and leather and dusty albums and shit. not really earthy, and a little citrus lite scent. not sweet, but like more bland like rind, the white stuff inside the peel. anyway this ones outta here. just not worth all the hassle. treat it good and it herms the fuck out on you, let it get all fucked up looking and starving and thirsty, and look no nanners.

picture.php

overview of what's currently in the tent. left side those lanky yellowed things are Ape in the front and Donkey in the back. the new stuff on the floor mowing left to right is BSK2 in the back, looking and growing and smelling identical to the mom. slow, short, smells like a handful of tall grass. that bitter green smell. i'm gonna let her finish and if she's as bad as the mom i'm tossing the seeds. this is part of a lineup for a male test. 4 siblings with the same male also sibling. pretty much an f3 of an unknown mating. I call it an f3 anyway because of the stability of the crosses so far. all the seeds have come out identical to the mother. could be an f2 though and i'm just lucky to find the phenol that leans mom in the first seed.
in front of that is the 5G I just putin a few days ago. in the white bag next to the fan. to the right of that you will see a leafy weird bud thing in the back, that's my Floradiesel#3 or FD#3 gets big and branchy from seed. however the clones refuse to reveg/ veg rather. nah it was reveg. I took the second batch of clones from the flowering plant and they never reveg it seems. this one has been in veg under 16+ hours of light since like august. I decided to toss it in the back corner and let it run it's course before I toss it. all the other runs were chopped before 80 days and still came out too early. it's offspring are looking promising based on just the one F-3 seed I ran last round, so i'm not the least bit concerned with keeping this. there's been major improvement to the line with each successive generation and i'm more happy about that than anything.
in front of that one is the last DonkeyKong(the bush front and center)...actually this is the grease monkey. I've been mixing up my clones. I think the donkey kong in the back is actually a grease monkey too. i'll find out this run when I run my last two clones. one of which is the real grease and the other is the real donk. i'll compare them to this one coming out now.

finally on the right side in the back corner is the StrawberrySourHaze [SSH] aka Deez which I've talked about enough. the pics don't do any justice to how caked in frost this thing is. it's literally gonna stick to your fingers with the slightest touch and make your fingertips feel like they're coated with sticky sand.
and in the front corner is the Foghorn#3 at 64 days, this one started off looking soooo indica and now it's coming off as a longer flowering sativa leaner. easily 77+days. the first set of pistils are only now starting to brown and the second set starting to slow down production. still smells ...reeks rather of a mango dried tropical fruit smell and i'm really looking forward to smoking it. might turn out to be my new daytime smoke.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
whelp... looks like i'm gonna be moving really soon. everything has to get the axe. i'm only keeping my strawberry clone everything else is gone. I might keep a cut of the bubba too.

picture.php

Final pic before chop. ApeShit/StrawberrySourHaze/Foghorn#3

picture.php

ApeShit cola

picture.php

Foghorn#3 cola

picture.php

Strawberry[SSH] cola

picture.php

I also chopped the donkeykong a few days ago. this is the rootball, I was puzzled as to why she was so shitty the whole grow. turns out I got some root rot or something after I put her in flower. there was a big mass of roots at the top, another smaller mass at the bottom of the pot, and everything in the middle was too wet to really grow solid. it was still a fairly dense rootball but the middle was very sparse compared to the top and bottom. more perlite next time I guess. most likely i'm just going to switch over all my final flowering containers to airpots/fabric pots. seems to work the best for my multiple feeding schedule and grows the most dense rootballs.

i'll pick this up again one day in the future. but for now we are a wrap. l8rz

mfdoo0mm

Shame to see this close down(for now). I just flipped through the entire thread, and came to today's post.

SOrry to hear it, friend.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
alright been away for some time, restructuring and all that shit.

i gave all my plants and clones away to my friends and i sold my lights and my tent. only thing i kept was 2 unrooted cuts of bubba and 1 unrooted cut of strawberry deez. i threw em in my backyard to root.

they rooted successfully, started to flower, caught a buncha spidermites and a new invader for me, root aphids or some sort of aphids or maybe it was thrips? they seem to like eating the spidermites or maybe they all hang our together fucking up my plants? i dunno but this bug looked like a microscopic frog bug with antennae. it was weird. just looked it up, it's aphids. anyway my strawberry is pretty mite resistant and never even slowed down. the bubba was almost as tough but it was clearly slowed sown from the mites and aphids.
picture.php

backyardigans

anyway like i said i gave all my shit away, i let my friend grow out all the shit i had in flower while i taught him some ropes. not too shabby for a first timer.

picture.php

picture.php

RGM #1/#2

picture.php

"5G"

picture.php

"5G" dry

this 5G was pretty good, better than the other gg#4 cross i had. very loud and chunky and easy breezy like a motherfucker to grow. this was the best plant he had in there at the time. the RGM are still going, turning purple and shades of blue. i'll get some pics next visit hopefully before the chop. you can see a little of purple in the buds on one of the pics above.