What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

GreenGeek

I've heard a LOT about Rootburst - usually the root growth is described as "freakish" lol. Anyone else use it?

Home Depot Rooting Hormone $5.50 a bottle

RootBurst $19-$22

pretty much the same stuff, except Root burst contians 8% ndole-3-butyric acid vs HD rooting hormone at 3% indole-3 butyric acid, and is giving me roots at 5 days. I'll pass on the root burst.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
KrunchBubble, Thanks for this Tip, I've been using rockwool for many years, (17 years) and the past 18 months my success rates using Olivias and Clonex have fallen to 10-50% success rate.

So i ran out to HD, bought me a bottle of this stuff, took several cuttings that were 5 weeks into flower. put them into peat pellets, and sure as shit, 5 days later (I wasn't expecting them so soon) the first roots popped out (didn't even use a heating mat) by day 7, they were fully rooted. and day 11 i had them in soil. in all my many years of cloning and growing i have never had roots show so early. my previous best time was 14 days.

I've since returned and stocked up on several more bottles of this stuff.

NICE!!! bout time we found a decent priced, GOOD rooting powder!

I've heard a LOT about Rootburst - usually the root growth is described as "freakish" lol. Anyone else use it?

Home Depot Rooting Hormone $5.50 a bottle

RootBurst $19-$22

pretty much the same stuff, except Root burst contians 8% ndole-3-butyric acid vs HD rooting hormone at 3% indole-3 butyric acid, and is giving me roots at 5 days. I'll pass on the root burst.

I was talking to a kat who does A LOT of cuttings....

He uses not the Home Depot stuff, but a no name powder, same ingredients..

He bought 1% and 8%, the 8% had disastrous results, cannabis cant take such a high amount of the rooting hormone...

interesting...

I just grabbed a bottle at my local hardware store. Thanks for the tip, Krunch.

HELL YA!! Its some GOOD stuff! Just bought a whole bunch of bottles...

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
props to krunch for this thread. my gdp/chem grandoggys are rooting after 7 days. before, same strain, i had cuts that were a month old, no roots

also, the instructions were helpful. cut under a node.

Friend

Veteran
i've been using this exact product (green light rooting hormone) for a couple years now and my success rate is 100%... every clone i have ever cut has survived and thrived. however, mine always take at least 2 weeks to root, nowhere close to the 5 days that krunch claims. but he has much more cloning experience than i do, so i'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

opt1c

Veteran
another nice tip is to soak your rock wool in half strength flower nutrients

also the new orange rock wool tray inserts are the shit

you put all 3 of these together and you're set

greenpinky

KRUNCH IS DA MAN, my d.y.I cloner puts out roots in 5 day good enought to plant... in soil they are ready in ten days... o ya 100% success rate... thanks krunch u crazy bastard... we all owe u a drink, and our finest cutting.

John Deere

Veteran
First trial underway. I took 4 cuts on 5/9. Dunno about roots yet but they all look damn good. I'll post results as they progress.

Also, I'm using LC's mix for the first time. Going back to straight up organic from now on.

hammalamma

Veteran
Finally tried this stuff, half of my cuttings had roots in 7 days, the rest 10 days. Really thick roots too!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I never use anything and always get 100% rooted, but unfortunately takes me 2 weeks to start seeing roots. A tray of 2 week into bud cuttings I have been rooting for a month and now are just showing roots! I am going to try this stuff and see if it speeds things up, and I am quite confident it will. Props to Krunchbubble 4 the thread!

TGT

illT

How careful should I be using this stuff? Do people glove up and dust mask? After reading the warnings on the label, I guess I should at least wear rubber gloves.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got a bottle at HD in the 831....paid $5.98...Clonex at my Hydrowhore store...$21.98....will be testing it on some Euro seeds I just popped Royal Dane x WW x Uldoz by Lalandia.

Thanks Krunch!

aligee

Veteran
been using this for years ..trying to stay out of them hydro stores Works Great !!

B

BigTex

I use Greenlight Root Stimulator in liquid form in my aerocloner. It gives me better results than the powder form. IMO if you use an aerocloner it's the only way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Light-O...8HHW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1336935128&sr=8-5

If rooting in coco or soil use the powder. For a bubbler or aerocloner use the liquid. The powder isn't water soluable...maybe some will splash back up on the stems but it won't be as effective because it will just be washed off.

pANicModE

Same ingredients & amounts as Schultz TakeRoot (Indole-3-butyric Acid 0.1% and 99.9% other ingredients,) available at Wal-Mart for about the same price, for those who don't have a Home Depot nearby.
schultz takeroot_roots bust 100%_5-10days any strain_6yrs going strong

D

DeftoneSmoker

I got roots in 8 days using this product:). Used it on c99 cuttings.

John Deere

Veteran
First trial underway. I took 4 cuts on 5/9. Dunno about roots yet but they all look damn good. I'll post results as they progress.

Also, I'm using LC's mix for the first time. Going back to straight up organic from now on.

4/4

The small one was questionable for awhile. She looked good under the humidity dome but would droop very quickly when I removed it. She's standing tall now. A couple of the cuts lost their lower leaves but the other 2 were champs all the way through.

There are lots of factors involved in success so I won't make any miraculous claims about this powder (yet) but 4/4 isn't a bad start. Thanks again, Krunch.