What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

hi greenhit... I plan on revegging also to take clones. i decided no point now, as I dont know what sex they are or what they are goona flower like and I don't have space for clones for 2 months at the moment.. I still have all 10 in there at the moment...I figured if I get some males I am just goona plastic bag em and collect some pollen for a few seeds...

Klaze its 2 metres...and whilst my shade may take up 20 cm or 8 inches..a little bit less, with the mh i can have the tops at about 4 inches from bulb...

I will switch to hps in flower tho and whilst it seemed to run hotter when I tested it , my nights here are getting colder..I do run ac 24/7 cant wait to not have to tho...its allways on 21c..but i sleep in there as its so dark and cooler temperature... I work at night.

deepsoul

what greenhit? your 10 inchers stretched to 20 and 24 inches...damn man i may be in for fun...I only have two of a short pheno..the other 8 would be close to 24 inches now although most have been bent....hehehe.... I wish i could remeber how much lumens I have a square foot in there....

So maybe I will have a few 4 foot ak8s that will need to be flattened to the walls..that will be fun :wink:

I will be happy with at least 8 oz...

Last edited:

lazboy

deepsoul said:
lazboy: they look very fine.
I hope mine turn out as good :)
to what height do you veg until? what sorta yeild ? etc.

I have some height restrictions so I top them twice..Once about a month into it and one more just before a switch to 12/12..I veg for about 55 days..I can only let them go to 2 1/2 to 3ft before I switch to 12/12..They end up being a good 5ft when they are done..

Yeild, I really dont wieght it but, I'd say a good 2oz per plant..

:woohoo:

Last edited:

420ponics

deepsoul said:
arrg ok...

so I have messedup on my dates in my thread in places...I hope no1 notices.

today is day 36 from seed so 1 day in on the fifth week and the last week of veg for me...I nearly just flipped to 12/12 but after having a think on how well the roots are growing and how that is goona help yeild and working out my dates properly i will leave it a week longer..

tallest is 2 feet and i guess others would be too except I been snapping and bending stems...

Looking good man, you're a little ways ahead of me on my ak48 grow. What kind of lighting have you been using?

Edit: nevermind, 600watter MH : )

Ponics.

Mine.

Last edited:

deepsoul

lazboy: oh dear o dear..now i know somewhere back in my thread another ak48 soil grower posted a pic and I asked about the stretch..the reply was none to 15 cm..I thought that a bit strange as I am certain I had read most plants stretch/grow to double even tripple the size in flower...hahaha.. i have plenty of room in height ..just not width.. i am sure its all goona work out well... plants grow alot more in hydro tho..

420ponics..sort ya lighting out m8..they looking a bit stretchy.. i think I may be 2ft ahead of your grow teehee :) yeah and a lucagrow hps for flores to replace mh for veg...i might swap em over weekly..

I couldnt put 2 lights in this cab... if i could i would have an hps and mh....

I have had shared to me long ago diaries of a long gone grower who ran 18 plants from clone...2 month flower under 2 x hps and 1 x mh on circular light mover...yeild on certain strains was up in 6 poundrs.. scrogged not new strains either..he was a pro tho...then again other long gone growers who have had similar with trees double the time tho as ya gots to veg alot...less maintanence , but also mixture of lights...

Last edited:

lazboy

deepsoul said:
lazboy: oh dear o dear..now i know somewhere back in my thread another ak48 soil grower posted a pic and I asked about the stretch..the reply was none to 15 cm..I thought that a bit strange as I am certain I had read most plants stretch/grow to double even tripple the size in flower...hahaha.. i have plenty of room in height ..just not width.. i am sure its all goona work out well... plants grow alot more in hydro tho

Not sure about anyone eles but, I get some stretch!! I also transplant into 5gl pot just before 12/12, So I'm sure that makes them take off in flowering, Thats why I top them just before 12/12 to slow the stretch down some..

Also when I said I get about 2ft stretch in flowering it's more like a 1ft to 1 1/2ft stretch in flowering..

deepsoul

hi everyone.

well its officialy the first day of Autumn here, and I have decided to flip the switch and start flowering ..

I am sure they have grown a few inches whilst I was at work and well...

I reckon so far I have worked a few things out for the future...

Single buckets are better then tubs...Not to bother changing the water weekly as ya waste alot of nutes.. In a week and a half these fine examples have drunk very little nutes.. and very importantly not to get all crazy on the ph...adjust to 5.2 and let drift to 6, adjust again....

So I am off to sleep soon and my kids are staying up and missing their sleep 2 day and when I wake I am changing to lucagrow bulb.... 20% more light then hps....i think this light will be very good..

Contrary to the photos I have previously posted about pre flowers..I still see no real balls..I do however see a few white hairs sticking out of pistols, and this is making me very happy...

Last edited:

deepsoul

ahh so day 1 of flower and both tubs have drunk alot of water since I topped up last ...will top up in a day .
6 plant tub drunk maybe 8 litres and its ph is 5.8 and they havn't drunk much nutes..some tho...

4 plant tub (best tub) has drunk maybe 14 or so litres of water and alot of nutes..

heres a few pics of roots....
the lucagrow bulb of course gives off light with more red in spectrum ..
otherwise the roots are all very white...
I will have to see if i can compensate for change of light with the digi when I am not soo tired..

Last edited:

klaze

sweet, runnin down the final stretch, the finish line is but that much closer. Be interesting to see how many fems you get out of the bunch

Klaze

tokinsmokin

alright bro, heres your problem you keep changing your res out, I'm not sure if any one else has said this, but don't change your res because you are getting rid of the beneficial bacteria that gets built up in your system over time. Beneficial bacteria will keep your res in check with ph, and more than likely the deficiencies you thought you were having was from the ph locking out certain nutrients. You will know when the beneficial bacteria in your system is built up when you reach in your res and can feel almost a slimy texture when you rub your fingers together. And also don't use h202 because this is said to kill of beneficial bacteria in your system. Try it bro and you'll see what I mean, it takes some time to build up beneficial bacteria also!!

deepsoul

hi tokinsmokin :smile:

I think my problem is too many plants and too little water...
we will see how it all turns out...

I definitely had a nute lockout from too low a PH...
So its much better since I adjust ph 1 time and then let it drift up to ph 6 over a week and a bit...problems goona be that as they are drinking allot I am going to have to adjust the ph allot more as I am going to have to refill the tubs allot more as you will realize from the pics..

If it was a recirculating system then I would be all interested in "beneficial bacteria".....but its not. I prolly wont be flushing from now until harvest..but that will depend on if there is much residue buildup as the water level is drunk.. and also if I incounter any other problems..which I shouldnt as temps are all downhill now :smile:

so hopefully some nice bacterium will grow

Last edited:

deepsoul

ok
so 2DAY I dumped water and refilled...

300ml of flores canna nutes and 6 ml of ph down to bring it down to 5.7
EC 1.6 - 1.8
ppm is 400 - 500

hmmmm.....

-Dank Hill-

deepsoul said:
ok
so 2DAY I dumped water and refilled...
300ml of flores canna nutes and 6 ml of ph down to bring it down to 5.7

EC 1.6 - 1.8
ppm is 400 - 500
hmmmm.....
Here is a EC/CF to PPM chart that you may want to look at.
Looks like a EC of 1.6 - 1.8 = 800PPM - 1260PPM depending on
which conversion factor your PPM meter uses.

(click pic.for larger image)

tokinsmokin

hey deepsoul, I'm sure you've read about beneficial becteria from bigtokes thread, and yes he is right. But beneficial bacteria also grow without a recirculating system! They grow on everything in your bucket they will stick to your airstones, bucket, roots, net pot, hydroton, etc.

Last edited:

deepsoul

dankhill: yes you are right about the ppm..I think I calculated my ppm above by multiplying my ppt...doh

tokinsmoke: I have indeed read alot of bigtokes information and also have read alot from MynameStitch who recoomends flushing every couple of weeks to keep bacteria at bay...

I will give it a go not flushing...

anywayz ..I am bout to get drunk...2day is a very bad day.... I have worked all night and run around doing a heap of stuff and just now checked on my babies that are growing really really well, although some are now showing a magnesium deficiency but not from ph problems...anywayz.....

heres a pic of whats making my day so bad....
remember i have 10 ak48s and one is a runt the size of a branch of just one of an ak48.... so that leaves 9 and out of that 9... seven are MALE all the best ones ...an entire tub of 2 and a half foot mofos are blokes......

deepsoul

re veg and clone perhaps

re veg and clone perhaps

ok I think I can afford enough time to flip back to 18hrs of light for another 4 weeks...

I would really like some decent advice on this, which is why I have split this bit of my thread into two... so have a look at " deepsouls very bad day" and please help me out..

B4O2N0G

Do they not have enough branching to take a few clones.if not,then turning it back to 18/6 would be the best thing to do and then take clones.Im only growing two ak48's from seed.so..i might be experiencing a bad day soon too.hope things go well from now on,peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts