What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

deepsoul's ak48

deepsoul

So 2day is 21-22 days from seed. Not much is really different. starting to get side shoot developement and i think that most growth is in the roots as you can see in the second pic.

radium-

deepsoul: Plants are looking nice. How often are you adjusting your pH and with what? Do you know the PPM of your tap water and your current nute mix?

deepsoul

hi radium.
when I do a res change i adjust down to 5.2 using ph down. then a few days later the ph might rise up a few points and then i will add a little more ph down to keep at 5.2. I doubt this is really necessary, but i am doing it anyway. I mean i probably dont even have to change the res weekly , but i do anyway to keep things very clean.

i tell ya what. I will go test my ppms now excpet they will be particles per trillion as that is what my tester goes on. I am generally just using ec as I mentioned earlier. My ec of water out of the tap is 0.3. And going by the chart for canna terra nutes which i am just a little over half strength on the nutes the water with nutes is 1.3 ec. A very good thing is that my ec doesnt change in a week at the moment and the water level falls. This means that the plants are drinking and eating properly. If the ec level went up as the water went down it would mean they were not using the nutes and they probably wouldnt look so good, it could mean a problem.

I just got home from work and usually have a look and test my ph and ec. So i will do that and come back with ppt readings for you.

oh yeah I did soemthing really clever before i went to work...i left the gas on the stove running for 9 hours....damn kitchen stunk...sheesh...

ok ph of tap water 2 day is 7.49 and temp 26.4 c
ec of tap water 2 day is 0.28
ppt of tap water 2 day os 0.14

just remembered to wash hands and arms with soap as they are about to go into nute res.... although ec readings are taken from plastic container.

so nute res:

ph of 5.33 temp 22.4c

ec of 1.36

ppt of 0.68.

there may be slight rise of ec or i didnt take an accurate reading when i changed water. if its a rise then i think it would be because of ph down.....if it keeps rising then i will say i have added a little too much nutes.

deepsoul

heres just a few pics taken before. day of the start of week 4 of veg.

a group shot

the largest fastest grower. You will also see near it a little runt..thats been abused quite a bit with water left on the leaves..probably too much nutes for it too...

and some little spots on the leaves.
I have these on a few of them here and there, and my best guess its where little drops of water have landed and burnt the leaves under the light.

:chin:

deepsoul

hi haps. yes I love it. i am getting great satisfaction out of it.It does show doesn't it
:).

I was going a bit twisted this morning tho..lack of sleep and overwork..and i was reading someones info on ph and water etc...and then i took a step back and thought...
And that thought and step back was good....for me..

It made me realise that, that some information was kinda irrelevant to the way i am growing.

I am speaking of this as just an example, but sometimes you can become very mis informed or over anylise things and that can do you harm eh..

my grow is very simple. I control temperature. I control nutrients and feeding as the plants need. I control light. i control alot of other things by dumping my res and starting a fresh weekly :)

there are so many different ways ya can grow...but in the end its all really up to the individual. If its not looking good then ask for help!!

sillyphilly

You call leavin' the gas stove on clever?

You call leavin' the gas stove on clever?

Damn,I sure wouldnt' want to be around when you did somthin' stupid! just messin with ya bro! seriously tho,be carefull! ya got some damn nice seedlings you are gonna wanna be around to watch flower and eventually smoke! anyways on with the show you're the shit! later Sillyphilly :joint:

deepsoul

sillyphilly. that made me giggle. I appreciate that humour.
I can't beleive i did it myslef...but I did....
It was whack as i went thru the checklist that ya do before leaving ya house.

doors locked

plants ok ..

mobile, keys, wallet, sunglasses etc.....

i add to the list now...Make sure Gas Is off

hahahahahaa

klaze

I too am planning on running with Ak48 sometime soon, its nice to have found this thread. Great lookin little plants, keep up the good work and near OCD attention to detail lol!

Klaze

-Dank Hill-

Very nice setup can't wait to see more!
Pulls up chair to watch this show grow.
:kos:
Think you will like the N AK48 all round good plant,
not great but damn good.
Easy to clone, good yield, strong buzz, relatively low odor,
and takes a fair amount of abuse.
Not to mention the price $ is right.

deepsoul

:wave:

hello to everyone ...

yeah dank: the price was right..it still hurts that I killed a pack of sweet cindy99s and a pack of belladonna....I will never use perlite again and I will never use superthrive again..both long stories that cost me in dollars a day and half worth of working ....

Im hoping i get lots of females..really hoping that one in particular is a female as when i rub its stem ( for scent) it has a very unique smell...

I came from work this morning and opened the door to my room and could smell them.. hmmm..I have no oder control, but live alone.

ponics: happy germination :)

klaze: or any1, what does OCD stand for??

Well they sure did grow a bit yesterday whilst I was sleeping and they were sleeping too..but i took no photos today....

maybe 2moz. Will most def have to setup second tub on the weekend as its getting a little crowded in that tub now. I am wishing I had put the germinated seeds straight into a small bubbler as the time they were in soil for was not really that good for quickness of growth..oh well... I didnt coz I was worried about temps..in the end I have just left the ac running 24/7...

heres a pic of my mh bulb..I think its an interesting photo...

OCD is Obsessive Comulsive Disorder.
A psychiatric disorder characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions, such as cleaning, checking, counting, or hoarding.Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), one of the anxiety disorders, is a potentially disabling condition that can persist throughout a person's life.
Excerpt from Answers.com http://www.answers.com/topic/obsessive-compulsive-disorder?method=6

If you are at all interested in intellectual psuedo-philosophical Sci-fi there's a great book which has OCD as one of the main story themes called Children of the Mind of Christ which was written by Orson Scott Card of Ender's Game fame. Some might say that my thoroughness on this response is "Obsessive Compulsive." I prefer the term "Anal Retentive." :D

deepsoul

day 25

day 25

hi all :wink:

A quick few phots of day 25 as they have grown a fair bit.

ph 5.43
ec 1.38
ppt 0.69

I havn't added any ph down for a few days now and the ph really hasnt risen much so I am wondering if the buffering in the nutes is workin..

Just spent some time on light proofing the few leaks that remain...will have to check when lights off in a few hours. I think I read that plant stress after the 4th node can contribute to hermies and the only stress these babies would be getting would be from light leaks in their 6 hours of sleep. I dont know if light leaks are bad whilst still veging..maybe someone does? anyway best to have that all fixed now...

I bothered to get my tripod out for pics..no bother really.

a group shot :

a side shot..I am very happy with the short node spacing...might even have to raise the light and inch or 2 soon...

and a close up of a 4th and 5th node.5th in the pic being the top growth tip.Some have the top growth tip as 6th node...As you can see from pic no sign of preflowers...no little balls anywhere...

deepsoul

got some preflowers

got some preflowers

hi peeps

I changed to 2 tubs yesterday....silly me forgot to put nutes in one tank..hahahah..I was wondering why the ph was so high in that tank....l only found out about 18 hrs later when i did ec readings...was quite annoyed...dumped 50 litres and filled again...

anywayz got some pre flowers on a few...

heres a pic of tub1.

tub2

I reckon this is a male preflower

and i reckon this is a female preflower

I dont know my ph and ec readings at the mo.. i just know the ph is in the fives and the tubs have 150 ml of canna nutes, so 300ml if ya combine a and b. I just go by the the nute chart they have for terra nutes. Another 20ml would be full strength for veg.. i may only veg for another week..will just have to see during the week...

hope ya like the pics :smile:

Last edited: