What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

Z

zoolander

Tonights dinner shall be breakfast, Thick cut bacon, hashbrowns and fried eggs fried in the bacon grease. I cant eat this bad every day but when I get to its great. Man all that food you all showed looks great :wave:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai Chili Pepper Wings

HPIM2242.jpg

Hot & Sweet.......

Backwoodburner: Can you describe the taste? ?

I am quite a food channel addict and it looks really interesting so I would love to hear a bit more from somebody who knows?

Sorry... but I couldnt help myself

The Best Ever Carnitas Recipe #111230
This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. This looks really great to me and can't wait to try it, as I really enjoy Carnitas. Mean Chef word's are: The special ingredient is Pepsi and this is fabulous. you can use carnitas in tortillas, serve like BBQ pork or great at a picinic on rolls. Recipe from Rio Bravo
by Sheri-BDB
2½ hours | 30 min prep | SERVES 6 -8
3 lbs pork butt or pork shoulder
1 orange, quartered
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup Pepsi, plus
more Pepsi, as needed
3/4 cup oil or shortening
Fuego spice mix yields 1 cup use 1T
1/4 cup paprika
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons white pepper
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons garlic granules
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons oregano
Agua Negra Marinade yields 3 1/4 cups use 1 cup
1 cup soy sauce
2 cups pineapple juice
2 tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1. Fuego spice mix (recipe# 66927): Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
2. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
3. Agua Negra Marinade (recipe# 66927): combine all ingredients with a whisk.
4. Stores in the refrigerator for 2 days.
5. Carnitas: Trim away excess fat from pork and cut into 3 inch cubes.
6. Dust meat with Fuego spice mix and press to adhere well.
7. Squeeze juice from oranges into an airtight nonreactive container, add peels, garlic,pepper, pepsi and Aqua Negra marinade- mix to combine well.
8. Add seasoned meat and refrigerate overnight.
9. Remove meat from the marinade (reserve marinade) the next day when you are ready to cook.
10. Heat oil/shortening in a large heavy skillet over high heat until fat is smoking; add pork and brown completely on all sides- about 15 minutes.
11. Add reserved marinade and simmer for about 2 hours or until pork is tender and dark brown- add additional Pepsi as needed while cooking to keep meat covered.
12. Remove meat and chop into 3/4 inch pieces.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MickeyBlue42 said:
holy shit... how does your stomach feel after tearing through all of that?
fried two packages of wings making 28 pieces, I put about 10-11 pieces away for tomorrow.

MickeyBlue42 said:
Backwoodburner: Can you describe the taste? ?

I am quite a food channel addict and it looks really interesting so I would love to hear a bit more from somebody who knows?
The taste is very full of flavor. The stuff in the pic is made with mostly a citrus kick but have heard that soda is very good additive also. The key is the copper pot. So all your pork is cooked evenly. It comes out very much like shredded pork but will have a crisp edge on it for good texture. There are few restaurants that I will eat carnitas at because it is somthing that few keep fresh. That is why it was such a treat for me to get some good home cooked carnitas! Its good meat and a great way to cook it! hope you enjoy!

This is from last night but heres what I had
Ribeye cooked on the bbq over coals and mesquite wood chips
seasoned potatoes cooked on the bbq
corn on the cob also on the bbq

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
tonights dinner was shrimp shwarma with couscous and some sauteed spinach with garlic.

Last edited:

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
midnight snack

midnight snack

my midnight snack..honey wheat english muffin, tuna, avocado, tomato and smoked gouda toasted. bam.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
pirate138...now that is what I call a midninght snack...really rocking...lmao

check theses mofo's out...wife made for a holiday in our country...cold stoned carbohydrates

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Pan seared swine

Pan seared swine

Extra thick pork loin slices marinated in white wine, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and onion, with a touch of lemon juice, and seared on cast iron. Yum yum.
Not a balanced meal, but as a bachelorette, that's my prerogative! Come on, rosemary is a vegetable. Really.
Oh and a nice glass of Pinot Noir and some herb to make it that much better.

Latest posts

Latest posts