What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krypto's Ultimate Controler

Heady NUGs

I built this system as well after reading this thread. Such a great job, Krypto!

It was pretty easy. I only had 3 minor problems that were easily fixed.

One problem was the German timer identical to yours. I got one new, yet it was not switching correctly. It would fill, but not drain. A friend was looking at it, and accidentally dropped it on the concrete floor. When I reinstalled the timer later, it worked! It has worked ever since. I went over the wiring so many times, I even drew a color coded schematic. I was about to lose my mind when dropping the timer on the floor fixed it! :pointlaug

The second problem was using a tall trashcan for the resovoir. The weight of the water was pushing it through the pump and into the controller. This caused the drain pump to continually come on to remove the water. This could be fixed by getting a lower, wider resovoir, as was stated on an earlier page.

The last problem was when the cord of the controller pump came into contact with an upper float switch. This happened accidentally when we moved the controller and was fixed with a zip tie.

This system is so great, you have helped alot of people. Thanks again.

b_184042.jpg

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
here is another version of controller bucket!!! the Krypto is said to come with many headaches:petting:

so when i build mine, i am goin to try this one laid out for us by our very own BillyGoat [of BillyGoat seeds!]

>> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=28943 <<
its the same idea, but a few have said its less stress :dance: sounds right up my alley :smoke:

be well yall !!!! grow hard!!!

Last edited:

Heady NUGs

Yea, the fellow that sold that timer to me said that he had never seen a bad one. I told him that I have a Snap-On multimeter and went to college for electrical engineering, and the timer is bad.....LOL, it was driving me nuts, then the floor fixed it. Go figure...

Kryptonite

ethereal said:
here is another version of controller bucket!!! the Krypto is said to come with many headaches:petting:

so when i build mine, i am goin to try this one laid out for us by our very own BillyGoat [of BillyGoat seeds!]

>> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=28943 <<
its the same idea, but a few have said its less stress :dance: sounds right up my alley :smoke:

be well yall !!!! grow hard!!!

LMAO!
Last I read the thing isn't even working???

GoldDustWomen said:
Thanks, been DOg tired from the crazy heat here. Been busting my ass outside alot. I'll get this going and worked out. Once i get it running right. The next project will be the Aero pipe system. That is going to be fun also. Going to use some nice wood for the racks that are going to hold the unit. Well, thanks for the support and kind words.
Take care,
BG

Wags, let us know when you post some pictures. You always got me wanting to see more of your setup. Love the system you run.
Take care

Your right though, My "copy" of the original can be a headache to put together, if you have little knowledge of electrical wiring or a general lack of manual dexterity. After all it did take me over a year to track down all the parts needed and Many, many hours figuring out the wiring. I didn't have the benefit of reading someone else tutorial and then copying it to call it my own. I'd greatly appreciate keeping the advertising of your tutorial, to your tutorial. And really, I have nothing against Billy Goat Seeds, actually I have never even heard of them, but if they are a sponsor of this site they probably all ready get enough advertising here don'tchya think.

As far as the vendor of the timer goes. I have no affiliation with them. At the time this controler was built, keep in mind this thing was built quite a long time ago, they were the ONLY place I could find that EXACT timer.
Good for you for finding a different supplier.

Heady Nugs: Your problems were unrelated to this particular tutorial and were caused by your own alterations right.

The part about the weight of the water really has me confused.
In this build the water enters the reserviour via the TOP of the container.
All of the water is below this area with the fill pump being placed on the bottom of the res. How in the world would water weight cause the problem you describe????

The wiring coming in contact wth the floats is also something which confuses me. It just always seemed practical to keep the pump on the opposite side or off to the side of the switches to me. Once the pump was set it place it is anchored to the floor of the controler with the suction cups which come with the suggested pump to be used here.

BTW, I'm not being critical, just trying to clarify.
Thank You for the feedback. :tup:

My controler is still working fine and pumping out the buds. :tup:

Kryptonite

BTW, I did mention and give all credit of the design to the original vendor I purchased this from.
All I did was copy an existing product, doesn't really take an engineering degree to do that right. LOL

I'm not calling this my own invention, not trying to be famous "lol", not going for browneye points or karma or reputation or whateber it's called here.
Just want others to enjoy complete Ease of growing and harvesting their own killer buds.
That being said. Those of you who read this tutorial and are really interested in building your own, I suggest that you filter out and ignore the static noise in this thread. Follow the tutorial and use the schematic that was provided by packntopuff "thank him" and you should be well on your way.

Good Luck to you All!!!!!

G

Kryptonite, I'm Billygoat. Just under my girls account since my bust about 2 years. ago. I don't know if there is a problem, but my control is a copy from your hard work. I never said i came up with this idea. Just copying what you did and made a few changes. Nothing big, just used some large lines and pumps, but everything the same. I'm very thanksful for your hard work and thread. It's running but had my outlet hot wired. I'm not good with wiring but i'm learning. I think the problem was the outlet was hot wired and some of my floats are back wards. I'm glad your LMAO and i can make your day alittle more happier. I'm just trying to build a control that i can use to grow and spread the info you posted and helped us with. Not here to try and start anything. I'm just here to build a control to enjoy for many years. You take care Krytonite and i might be pming you if i can't get my controller working right. Thanks again for all your hard work. Means alot to me and others.
Take care,
BG

Heady NUGs

I read a few pages back, that others have had problems when using a tall resovoir. If you don't have an "anti siphon" pump, the weight of the water will push through the pump, continually filling up the controller. I know it is hard to imagine, but it happens. Kinda the same principle that makes water towers work. A wider, shorter resovoir solved this problem. Also, we found out that lots of air bubbles in the resovoir will break up the siphon action too. (btw, I use Dolphin pumps)

Yes, it was my fault that the wires came into contact with the float switch. They were on the opposite side of the bucket from the float switches, but when the lid was replaced a few times, the wires and hose moved a bit, and came into contact with an upper float switch. I only mentioned the problems we had, to help others who might encounter them as well.

This tutorial is awesome, it works perfectly, the wiring is exactly right.

Thanks again Krypto, I love it.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

I kind of developed a habit of coming off the wrong way to the wrong peoples. LOL
I think it may have something to do with my term at OG and being under constant scrutiny.

I think the two of you were doing a fine job of adding information to the thread. :tup: :tup:

Apologies GDW/BG I can see how my comments may have been confusing due to them being posted directly under a quote from your thread.
Sorry to hear of you misfortune. :sad:

If Ethereal is going to promote another tutorial and put mine down, maybe he/she should make sure the one they are promoting is working properly.
Does he follow you around wherever you post?
MY GAWD!! :eek: I've never seen a more clear case of suckassforseedsitis.

Ethereal: If you read this, dewd, please don't advertise in my thread.

Heady Nugs: Thank you for your participation. :tup:
I follow you now. The problem is a result of not having an anti siphon in line.
Putting an air escape at the top of the line solves that problem.
I use a simple 90 degree barb, "why couldn't they put a degree sign on the keyboard?" ;)
I punch the barb into each line angling the open end towards the reserviour allowing any water which flows from it to drop back into the res.

G

Hey Kryptonite, it's all good and i can be bad at sometime about expressing my mood online. No big deal and it's all good. Boy, I remember the first time i came across your thread. I knew i wanted to build one of these units. I'm glad your around here and posting the thread here also. It's great to see members like yourself sharing their DIY skills. I'm hoping everything goes well with my unit and should be working on it tomorrow. I'm hoping to have the bugs worked out of it and up and running right. I'd like to thank you again for all your hard work and time. I'd like to thank you for suring your work with us. I know i've enjoed your thread and will be looking out for anymore in the future.
Thanks again,
BG

Please, lets keep the thread on track and not have any problems. We are guess in a friends house. We know better to not cut up.
Take care all,
BG

Raque

kryptonite - have you figured out the problem of the float switch flickering on and off?

Posted this in BG's thread:

ME said:
I built 3 of these controllers using Krypto's instructions - they worked fine, just the float switches didn't work like they should have, only 1 of the 2 worked, and there was no delay so the pump would switch on and off RAPIDLY when the float was topped up to the top and the water bounced the switch, which will blow your pump.

I shelled out 200ea for real controller buckets to see the difference- works 100%, I'll never build another one. They're worth the extra $100 bucks.

Somehow the store bought controller has a sort of delay - when the switch is activated, it doesn't come on instantly, ther'es like a 5 second delay till it turns the pump on.

Last edited:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
If Ethereal is going to promote another tutorial and put mine down, maybe he/she should make sure the one they are promoting is working properly.
MY GAWD!! I've never seen a more clear case of suckassforseedsitis.
nope i just hate your shit attitude :) you must really hate yourself huh? that or youre in love with yourself ;)
you got it. :smile: meet mr. blackball :wave:

i guess i just naturally gravitate toward the more positive people online,
and their hard work. sorry for 'advertising' anoter member's thread of similiar nature in yours.

but enough about you and your big head....

i am new to hydro and hearing dozens and dozens of bad reports of your knockoff over the years
have led me to alternate possibilities. sorry for 'advertising' in your thread..LMAO!

i dont even grow from seed fool :pointlaug not promoting anyone, not lookin for kickbacks (LOL!!?!?!?)
just led to believe your controller is nothing more than a hyped up piece of shit :jerkit: thazzall* :)

*no, i havent built it, i dont even have the system built
or know if im even goin to bother with somethin new right now.
besides, i wouldnt trust a prick like you, or your designs :biglaugh:
if your engineering is anything like your manners, we're all in deep shit..

how about u turn this around, learn some forum ettiquite, aka respect ,
and apologize for being a bigheaded asshole, mr 'super mod' :biglaugh:
the same super moderator i see has helped bigtime, what, with his 30posts since may :biglaugh:biglaugh:

good humor :smile:

have fun in your thread, bashing me some more:wave:as i now have you as my 1st ignored user!:woohoo:

cheers fuckface

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Raque said:
kryptonite - have you figured out the problem of the float switch flickering on and off?

Posted this in BG's thread:

Somehow the store bought controller has a sort of delay - when the switch is activated, it doesn't come on instantly, ther'es like a 5 second delay till it turns the pump on.

That persons problem is that they didn't wire it correctly.
I have no problems with the float switch flickering on and off. My controler works exactly as the original.
If he was having problem why did he build three of them? I would think that one would get the first oen working before shelling out the dough for the parts too make two more.
Oh well, he has an original to copy now so he can get the three he built working by copying that one.

ethereal said:
i guess i just naturally gravitate toward the more positive people online,
and their hard work. sorry for 'advertising' anoter member's thread of similiar nature in yours.

but enough about you and your big head....

i am new to hydro and hearing dozens and dozens of bad reports of your knockoff over the years
have led me to alternate possibilities. sorry for 'advertising' in your thread..LMAO!

i dont even grow from seed fool :pointlaug not promoting anyone, not lookin for kickbacks (LOL!!?!?!?)
just led to believe your controller is nothing more than a hyped up piece of shit :jerkit: thazzall* :)

*no, i havent built it, i dont even have the system built
or know if im even goin to bother with somethin new right now.
besides, i wouldnt trust a prick like you, or your designs :biglaugh:
if your engineering is anything like your manners, we're all in deep shit..

how about u turn this around, learn some forum ettiquite, aka respect ,
and apologize for being a bigheaded asshole, mr 'super mod' :biglaugh:
the same super moderator i see has helped bigtime, what, with his 30posts since may :biglaugh:biglaugh:

good humor :smile:

have fun in your thread, bashing me some more:wave:as i now have you as my 1st ignored user!:woohoo:

cheers fuckface

LOL, Oh please teach me some manners so I can grow up to be just like you. I haven't been called as many names since I was in the 5th grade.

Lets see:
Prior to posting in this thread you "heard" many reports of this controler not working.
You come to the conlusion that it is a hyped up piece of shit.
I'm a prick and a bigheaded asshole.

So I'm wondering why you bothered to post here in the first place.
It surely couldn't have been to add anything of value right?

Raque

Kryptonite said:
That persons problem is that they didn't wire it correctly.
I have no problems with the float switch flickering on and off. My controler works exactly as the original.
If he was having problem why did he build three of them? I would think that one would get the first oen working before shelling out the dough for the parts too make two more.

Well the pump comes on and off because water fills the controller bucket, the float switch goes up and turns off the pump, at the same time the controller is filling the other buckets so the water levels falls - float switch goes down and turns on the pump - this happens very rapidly and so it switches the pump on/off very rapidly .

And I built 3 of them because, besides that one tiny thing, the controller bucket worked, did exactly what it was supposed to do, filled the other buckets without overflowing.

So like i said, the buckets I built with your plans worked and did what they were supposed to do.

Last edited:

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Kryptonite said:
I kind of developed a habit of coming off the wrong way to the wrong peoples. LOL
I think it may have something to do with my term at OG and being under constant scrutiny.

I think the two of you were doing a fine job of adding information to the thread. :tup: :tup:

Apologies GDW/BG I can see how my comments may have been confusing due to them being posted directly under a quote from your thread.
Sorry to hear of you misfortune. :sad:

MY GAWD!! :eek: I've never seen a more clear case of suckassforseedsitis.

Heady Nugs: Thank you for your participation. :tup:
I follow you now. The problem is a result of not having an anti siphon in line.
Putting an air escape at the top of the line solves that problem.
I use a simple 90 degree barb, "why couldn't they put a degree sign on the keyboard?" ;)
I punch the barb into each line angling the open end towards the reserviour allowing any water which flows from it to drop back into the res.

Krypto,

You can insert a degree symbol using Alt 2-4-8. Press and hold the Alt key on the left side of the keyboard and then press the numbers 2-4-8 on the numeral pad. This doesn't work on laptop keyboards though.

Kryptonite

Raque: Dank you Very Much for clarifying that. :tup:
Its always best to hear directly from the source so you can get the real scoop.
When I hear a report of this thing not working it upsets me. I WANT this controler to work for everyone who wants to build one simply because I haven't found an easier way to grow, I've been amazed at the results and want others to do as well also.
It's also hard to sit here and take criticism from others when mine has been working fine with absolutely no problems whatsoever, especially so when they haven't built one themselves .
Again, Dank You!!!

Sgt.Stedanko: I must have a screwy keyboard, it doesn't work for me.
Thank you for the 411 though. :tup:

Raque

Kryptonite - No worries - I think you took it as me bashing your plans on the controller - I wasn't - I was just wondering if you knew a solution to the pump thing.

These are great plans, and you've saved ALOT of people ALOT of money by building these things themselves.

Last edited:

Kryptonite

I can see there being a problem using those containers due to the delay in time it would take those bottles to fill.

The simplest solution to his problem would be to compare his built one to his purchased one and see where the difference is.

The purchased one works fine, the built one is just an exact copy. If the built one doesn't work it is due to builder error.

Latest posts

Latest posts