What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Denver chain of Rec disps is raided

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
www.9news.com

Sweet Leaf had 26 licenses suspended and 8 Rec dispensaries raided for selling excessive amounts of Marijuana to customers. A-64 allows the sale of ONE ounce of Cannabis to customers per transaction. The allegations state more than one ounce of Cannabis was sold to some customers.

cryptop

From what I've heard they were "looping," which is: Customer walks in, purchases the max daily legal amount of flower and/or concentrates, walks out, walks right back in, and the budtender knowingly sells them the max amount again, repeat. This was also a year long investigation, so I'd put my money on more infractions than just this.

I bet Native Roots and Livwell are pretty ecstatic... if these licenses get taken away for good, then I'd assume the MED will distribute them first come first serve.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read that this morning. Bud tenders shoulda known better, but I think dollar signs were all they were blinded by.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I've heard they were "looping," which is: Customer walks in, purchases the max daily legal amount of flower and/or concentrates, walks out, walks right back in, and the budtender knowingly sells them the max amount again, repeat. This was also a year long investigation, so I'd put my money on more infractions than just this.

I bet Native Roots and Livwell are pretty ecstatic... if these licenses get taken away for good, then I'd assume the MED will distribute them first come first serve.

same way tho, if the state is going after one spot for looping the OTHER big guys better watch their asses and mind their goddamn p's and q's.... i saw a bunch of ads trying to scoop up all the customers from the raided stores.... like that ain't a lil bit shady....
those customers that are being fought for by diff dispensaries are the ones breaking the rules in many cases, i've heard of 33 oz limits being served 6 times per week at dispensaries in denver.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya basically brokers just go into the store, buy their max limit, go out to the car, drop it off, go back in, repeat like 10 times in a day or several times per week
bud tenders and dispensaries know JUST what is going on, they are catering to out of state traffic
look at the town of trinidad as an example, has like 1/10'th the population of aurora but has way more dispensaries.... WHY? trinidad is on the border
granted most dispensary biz goes on indenver where most dispensaries are located, but this is a widespread practice that dispensaries are using to stay in business by widening their market share to include customers that are operating outside of the legal framework which colorado has created

Dumb law should be able to buy whatever the fuck you want. No one is raiding starbucks.

Ya coffee is more of a dangerous substance than marijuana by far. over do MJ for few years effects your brain some. Over do coffee for few years your dead or have heart problems.

Peoples knowledge of plants needs to increase. if not every thing going to be controlled and not truly free.

rolandomota

Well its not like the budtender can search the customer you can ask where the other ounce went though but theirs no way of knowing if the cust2mer Is telling the truth. How are you supposed to know the guy is looping? He could be gifting the previous purchase. They can definitely get those charges dropped but if they said the wrong thing during the transactions then they are screwed but i feel like this a shady attempt by police to go after legal weed businesses

All they had to do is ask where the other ounce is or say you didn't know it was the same guy but the video evidence could be good the pig probably established a relationship with the budtenders where they recognize him by name so a defense of the budtender could be that they did not knowingly sell more than one ounce in any transaction and they had no way of knowing how much weed the pig customer had in his possession because theirs no established legal time limit on purchased marijuana. I guess the best thing they could do is ask what happened to the last purchase and video record all of their transactions with customers so if the customer gives a reason like "I gave it all away" then another ounce can be sold to said customer. But if he says "its in my car" then the budtender Can say another sale would be illegal.

This is ridiculous can you imagine how many people are buying and selling weed over the legal limit?

EvergreenState

Ask for ID, change the law to allow only a 5 gram limit for out of state customers in a 24 hour period, owers be diligent in training and overseeing your sales clerks, store managers be diligent in overseeing the day to day sales and emphasize the following of state laws.
If you don't do these things and you knowingly oversell, then a hefty fine and a repeat offender loses his license. These business owners also need to understand that, if you really care about marijuana, then realize that those legal states are the experimental lab for the nation. If other states see that marijuana business owners are not responsible, then they won't legalize in their states.
Be aware. The whole world is watching and these legal marijuana businesses can be a shining example for the marijuana community and show the world that we can be responsible and beneficial to the community at large. They can also be rotten apples that spoil it for everyone.
Marijuana is a substance that can open your mind and give you a different perspective on life. It's not just a PRODUCT that you sell to CONSUMERS. It is the key that opens the door, to what I think, is a better life. Please represent it well.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
medical dispensaries sell pounds out the door to extended plant count patients
imagine a patient w 33 oz card visiting dispensaries several times per day every day all week... it adds up
don't think it isn't happening
how well is the state of colorado tracking which caregiver or dispensary holds which patients extended plant count growing rights?
hardly at all if at all
state is focused on regulating the big guys in the REC market as this recent bust shows, but don't think that med shops aren't playing the same game with the same numbers or bigger....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
police unions along w prison guard unions are the biggest enemies of legalization... so know taht police want legalizatoin only as much as they are able to still b ust people under legalization

questions begging to be asked:
since we voted to regulate cannabis like alcohol; does anyone even know the purchase / possession limits of beer, wine, and booze in the state and when was the last time an entire chain of alcohol outlets had their licenses revoked on the grounds that they were selling TOO MUCH alcohol?
no the state would probably give them a medal, or elect them governor...

M

moose eater

police unions along w prison guard unions are the biggest enemies of legalization... so know taht police want legalizatoin only as much as they are able to still b ust people under legalization

questions begging to be asked:
since we voted to regulate cannabis like alcohol; does anyone even know the purchase / possession limits of beer, wine, and booze in the state and when was the last time an entire chain of alcohol outlets had their licenses revoked on the grounds that they were selling TOO MUCH alcohol?
no the state would probably give them a medal, or elect them governor...

I agree with your analogy and assessment, but the shock value of over 80 years of hateful propagandas is "still alive and well" (to quote Johnny Winter).

All the while I brewed home-brewed beer, I never heard of anyone being asked if they'd exceeded their 100 gal/adult, 200 gal/household annual limits, or when their 'year' started or ended.

Very seldom, like once every blue moon, if that, you MIGHT hear of someone popped for illegally selling home-brew, and I'd have to try really hard to remember when the last one of those cases occurred..

80 + years of people being trained to hate pot smokers and pot.

Hard to un-ring the bell.

M

moose eater

That's often the way of life; the grunts pay for the generals' desires.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe only prosecuting budtenders but owners are FEELING IT, they have licenses revoked on multi million dollar business

and if you think of ALL those 20 something aged budtenders not ONE of their statements will implicate their bosses in the malfeasance?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i guarantee the fines and charges each of those individuals face isn't nearly as much as the biz is losing in the days they are closed due to no licenses....

i feel for those young people got swept up in it, thought htey had a "cool job" in an emerging industry, thought they were on the ground floor ofsomething new and exciting...

Latest posts

Latest posts