What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Newbie plant problem - help appreciated

Michael49

Newbie here! First grow.

4 plants, fox farm ocean forest soil. Day 49 from seed. Still in Veg.

Running 2 300W LED's and 2 small CFL's (CFL's mostly to help with heat - my basement is cold!) in a 5 foot tent. Lights running 18/6. Plants about 16" from LED's. No neuts other than FF Big Bloom - trying to grow organically. I have done some topping and LST. Water pH to around 6.6, effluent the other day was 6.7. Temps are now around 72 F during day, 66 F at night.

Two questions:

1. Two of my plants are now showing these brown spots on several leaves. Is this Ca deficiency or ?

2. My tent is only 5'. When do you think I should switch to flower?

Thanks in advance for the input!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
How big is the tent?
2x4?

Can you get a look at the roots?
Should be some 5 oclock shadow coming out of those cloth pots.

How often are you watering?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
pH is too low. Aim for 6.8. I would also add some nitrogen. Why are you just using bloom food only in veg?

Get that pH set right and feed some N and once they green up flip the switch!

Chappi

Start flowering now and setup a scrog if you can or LST the fk out of it. I had a 5 foot tent and let me tell you that you will run out of vertical space FAST!

That looks like Calcium def to me but it could be caused by a number of things. Try epsom salts.

Michael49

Start flowering now and setup a scrog if you can or LST the fk out of it. I had a 5 foot tent and let me tell you that you will run out of vertical space FAST!

That looks like Calcium def to me but it could be caused by a number of things. Try epsom salts.

I do have some CalMag - should I use some of that? Why epsom salts? Thanks for the input.

Michael49

Watering every day - fabric pots. Soil seems pretty dry when it's time to water. FYI those are 3 gallon pots.

pH is too low. Aim for 6.8. I would also add some nitrogen. Why are you just using bloom food only in veg?

Get that pH set right and feed some N and once they green up flip the switch!

I do have some FF Grow Big (6/4/4). I have been trying to go organic and avoid this.

Do you guys think I need to use the Grow Big? I thought between the FF Ocean Forest soil, and the FF Big Bloom (which contains castings and bat guano) I wouldn't need any additional neuts in Veg. I have some Roots Organic Trinity that I was planning on adding during flower.

Scrappy-doo

I still say they look overwatered. The pots are light when you water them? Every 3 days in 3 gal pots with plants that size I'd be surprised they need water that often.

Is you water ph 6.6-6.7 before or after you add your food? Should be adjusted after to put back in range. Bloom food is low N and not very useful to plants in veg. You need high N veg food. FFOF on it's own has enough food for a few weeks at least without needing to add anything.

Michael49

I still say they look overwatered. The pots are light when you water them? Every 3 days in 3 gal pots with plants that size I'd be surprised they need water that often.

Is you water ph 6.6-6.7 before or after you add your food? Should be adjusted after to put back in range. Bloom food is low N and not very useful to plants in veg. You need high N veg food. FFOF on it's own has enough food for a few weeks at least without needing to add anything.

Thanks.

I'll wait another extra day before watering again. Do you think I should use some of the FF Grow Big at my next watering? Only concern is that I need to switch to flower soon.

pH is around 6.7 AFTER adding the Big Bloom.

Scrappy-doo

Thanks.

I'll wait another extra day before watering again. Do you think I should use some of the FF Grow Big at my next watering? Only concern is that I need to switch to flower soon.

pH is around 6.7 AFTER adding the Big Bloom.

You should try and lift the pot to see if they need water. Follow these directions to water correctly:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4939806&postcount=5

Imo no don't add more bloom food. Your plants aren't in bloom. Even when you switch to flower cycle you have 2-3 weeks of stretch when they need lots of N. After that they will need bloom food. If I were you I'd wait for them to start greening back up before I switch the lights. You want them healthy when they go into flower.

Michael49

You should try and lift the pot to see if they need water. Follow these directions to water correctly:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4939806&postcount=5

Imo no don't add more bloom food. Your plants aren't in bloom. Even when you switch to flower cycle you have 2-3 weeks of stretch when they need lots of N. After that they will need bloom food. If I were you I'd wait for them to start greening back up before I switch the lights. You want them healthy when they go into flower.

Thanks, but I'm still not sure if I should be adding a nitrogen rich neut like FF Grow Big.

Chappi

Water only when you are absolutely sure they need it, otherwise forgetaboutit! They top of the soil shoild at least be dry. Stick your finger in and if you can feel moisture then they’re good, remember roots need oxygen too so dry intervals are normal in nature. If you stick your finger in there and its dry then water them. Your plants will tell you if they’re thirsty by drooping but don’t let it get to that point.

Michael49

Water only when you are absolutely sure they need it, otherwise forgetaboutit! They top of the soil shoild at least be dry. Stick your finger in and if you can feel moisture then they’re good, remember roots need oxygen too so dry intervals are normal in nature. If you stick your finger in there and its dry then water them. Your plants will tell you if they’re thirsty by drooping but don’t let it get to that point.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts