What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rollin' logs - a new way to cure your weed

This just tells me you haven't had really clean cannabis.

No, it doesn't. You told yourself that. Because that's what you want to believe.

It's about the high that really matters and it's the combination of cannabinoids and intensely complex terpene production/retention which creates the complex high.

No it isn't. Cannabinoids are what's most important.

Poorly grown cannabis is hot, harsh and flat, with little distinction between strains. I can see how this method could make it better.

Does that look like "poorly grown cannabis" to you, in the pictures I posted?

I used to walk into dispensaries in Michigan with a sack full of the Bubblegum buds this strain was derived from, sell every gram of it at $200/o, and walk out with a pocket full of cash every time. It would have been the exact same thing in California also. I know how to grow weed, bro.

Here's a thought. Would someone who's done some log rolling, please water cure some of your cannabis and report the results here.

Nobody has done any log rolling other than me. How about you try that experiment and report back, if you're so sure it will turn out the way you think?

So... who grows stupendously awesome cannabis, because they've spent significant research time on steadily improving quality, who's also done cobbing or log rolling? These are the growers who's opinion I'm interested in hearing.

I'm not so sure that you are.

Personally, I believe I'm going to have to start with cobbing. I don't have the time or resources to mess with constructing a log roller.

Good. Do that, please.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
What does water curing do to your cannabis? :)

Cannabis can look perfectly healthy and delicious, and still be non-clean. Your description of cannabis tells me you're not as experienced as you believe, the entourage effect is massive. You won't find it in cannabis improperly grown, no matter how good it looks.

At any rate, the point is made. Most people's idea of clean, awesome cannabis is rather poor. Those who truly understand cleanly grown cannabis know exactly what I'm talking about. Probably 25 to 100 people on here. Everyone takes the statement personally, when they should really blame prohibition for mucking up the information supply.

Since log rolling is a step up from cobbing, I'll try cobbing first. Always remember, people react negatively to the truth, in direct proportion to how deeply they believed the lie. ;)

What does water curing do to your cannabis? :)

This thread is about log rolling, or tobacco curing as applied to cannabis; i.e. heating bud in a controlled environment with varying humidity and heat levels. What does that have to do with water curing? There is no similarity whatsoever. If you want to learn what the actual difference is, then experiment and find out. Stop filling up this thread with your bullshit.

Cannabis can look perfectly healthy and delicious, and still be non-clean. Your description of cannabis tells me you're not as experienced as you believe,

Your comments tell me you are a typical arrogant moron.

the entourage effect is massive.

Edit: Someone helpfully informed me that "entourage effect" refers to any and all interactions between cannabinoids and terpenes. But since you haven't actually tried smoking weed after cobbing and/or logging, how in the world would you know what the difference is? I smoked several different phenos both with and without logging, and perceived an improved effect with this process. So you're calling me a liar, I guess? Or an idiot?

You won't find it in cannabis improperly grown, no matter how good it looks.

My cannabis is properly grown. Fact. Stop assuming you are the only dipshit on the planet who knows what good weed is.

At any rate, the point is made. Most people's idea of clean, awesome cannabis is rather poor. Those who truly understand cleanly grown cannabis know exactly what I'm talking about.

You don't 'truly understand' anything other than the intricate workings of your own arrogant asshole. Your ignorance is encyclopedic. Climb down off that pedestal you've enshrined yourself upon.

One wonders if you are a Cali-retard transplant? Or a genuine home-grown Colorado snobbish fuckwit?

Probably 25 to 100 people on here. Everyone takes the statement personally, when they should really blame prohibition for mucking up the information supply.

LOL. It isn't 'prohibition' that resulted in your continued ignorance. It's your arrogant asshat attitude.

Since log rolling is a step up from cobbing, I'll try cobbing first.

Good. But don't pollute Tangwena's thread with your presence just yet. Go try his method first, and when you inevitably find out you are wrong, then your first post in his thread can be an apology for being an obtuse moron.

Always remember, people react negatively to the truth, in direct proportion to how deeply they believed the lie. ;)

I guess that's why you have such a hard time understanding what an egotistical fucktard you are. Don't worry; you'll probably figure it out eventually. ;)

Last edited:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
all my recent harvest sold faster than i had planned
so ima try on some fresh frozen trimcorn
the cob first
i dont wanna buy gear for this concept just yet
i recently oassed on a dehumidifier at the thriftshop and kicking myself now for being broke and shopping in a thriftstore and being a cheap ass
but they pop up now and then ill get it next time i see one

MedResearcher

Veteran
Neat thread. We can't all be sheep.

My opinion:

Some day eventually, people will appreciate and value long cured flower. For instance, flowers properly cured for 3 years, will have more value than something fresh one month cured. Similar to wine or whiskey.

I think the cob technique, speeds up the process of a long cure, as well it protected the flowers from an environment which wouldn't promote a long cure without technology. In an environment which lacked technology. Great ingenuity imo. There is a term, "African Ingenuity," which comes to mind. Using only what little you have and and creating amazing results.

I think today, with some technology. We can create drying and curing rooms which are humidity/temperature/light controlled to create perfectly long cured flowers. Sort of like a wine cellar, or a humidor room for fine cigars.

Today's market is all about bright green. Super fresh, pre-mature, over trimmed, green flowers. Eventually I assume it will shift away from this trend. A few years of bright green hacked pre-mature chem crap, and the masses will realize a vine ripened slow cured masterpiece when they smoke one.

OP, if possible find an environment to side by side with. Dark, cool, as humid as possible without promoting fungal growth. Let some flowers hang like this undisturbed for a year or more. Even a glass jar is a decent substitute if used correctly.

Mr^^

Yep, quality issue. Those who grow clean know exactly what I'm talking about. Have fun in here. :D

Wow, you're such a friendly guy! I can tell by all the smiley faces you always attach to your smarmy, insulting, arrogant 'tard comments. Like the rep comment you just left, for example. :)

Goodbye, arrogant fucktard! :D ;)

OP, if possible find an environment to side by side with. Dark, cool, as humid as possible without promoting fungal growth. Let some flowers hang like this undisturbed for a year or more. Even a glass jar is a decent substitute if used correctly.

I've smoked many flowers like that. Sometimes I find grocery sacks full of bud from years back, stashed away and forgotten. The end result is nothing like this process.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wow, you're such a friendly guy! I can tell by all the smiley faces you always attach to your smarmy, insulting, arrogant 'tard comments. Like the rep comment you just left, for example. :)

Goodbye, arrogant fucktard! :D ;)
I know, because I WAS you. I grew the same kind of quality you describe, 10 years ago. Growing better quality than a dispensary is easy, 99% of them are way below the mark. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to run across truly clean product (oh, those 10 long years ago), which instantly corrected my ignorance. It isn't arrogance, it's an attempt at raising the standard. Learn or stew, it's always your choice.
:tiphat:

Tangwena is right, I should just chill out myself and let this thread play out in its own time.

hey brother. nothing wrong for standing up for what you know. not for what you believe, but for what you know. your passion and ingenuity is admired. those who don't know really don't know what they don't know.

in scientific arenas there is about a 10 year gap between when something new is introduced until it is accepted. first it's shot down. then it's forgotten. then it's revived. then it's studied. then it's science.

but since this is for stoners, it'll probably start moving along faster because stoners detest bureaucracy. hahahaha!

a leading edge usually doesn't have many seats. or if it does, there's a lot of empty ones. hang in, hang out, and hang on!

rolandomota

Yea just chill log roller we all see the troll is full of crap i mean c'mon "clean cannabis" is better somehow lol thc gets you high wether its "clean" or not whatever that means.

Just remember a lot of stuck up snobs thinks they grow the best weed and no one else can do the same lmao yea right.

hey brother. nothing wrong for standing up for what you know. not for what you believe, but for what you know. your passion and ingenuity is admired. those who don't know really don't know what they don't know. in scientific arenas there is about a 10 year gap between when something new is introduced until it is accepted. first it's shot down. then it's forgotten. then it's revived. then it's studied. then it's science.

Right. The same cycle repeats itself over and over throughout history. Reminds me of something a wise man said a few years back:

"True wisdom cries aloud in the street. It keeps raising its voice in the public squares. At the corner of the busy streets it calls out. At the entrances of the city gates it says “How long will you ignorant ones love ignorance? How long will you ridiculers take pleasure in ridicule? And how long will you foolish ones hate knowledge?” — Proverb of King Solomon

How long will the ignorant ones love ignorance? How long will the ridiculers take pleasure in ridicule? How long will the foolish ones hate knowledge? Until the end of time, it would seem. :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ol' Dougie is a rube of the first rating. You might as well be listening to a streetside preacher covered in cardboard signs, he will bark to the moon about his ungrounded theories.

Some of us appreciate the work you are doing and what you are creating.

Latest posts

Latest posts