What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Josh D OG vs KarmaRado OG

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here's the KarmaRado I'm keeping out of a feminized pack of seeds.
Great daytime buzz but she is still pretty strong. All the plants outta the seed pack smelled like lemon pine bathroom cleaner! And buds are mega dense, to say the least. You can get 2 oz of dried cured bud in a quart sized jar easy.

Just about everytime I smoke this, I end up forgetting what I walked into a room for. Lol. The worst was driving my car and "waking up" not being able to remember driving for the last 5 min. And then while telling myself how I need to pay more attention.... I "woke up" again not remembering! I know, I know, not good while driving but it caught me off guard. Not to mention the buzz last for hours. Keep in mind, I'm not the heaviest of smoker.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

810FireFarm

just a few pic updates.

The buds are just starting to fill in and gain mass, the Scotts Plants seem to be maturing a little quicker than the JD and KRado.

Everything is seemingly healthy and rolling on

Attachments

• JD top.jpg
    JD top.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 14
  • jd side.jpg
    jd side.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 17
  • krado side.jpg
    krado side.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 11
  • krado top.jpg
    krado top.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 12
  • scott side.jpg
    scott side.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 14
  • scott top.jpg
    scott top.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18

810FireFarm

just starting week 6, the buds are starting to fill out more and are starting to get trichy

if anyone has any Josh D, KarmaRado, or Scotts OG to share please do.

So i realize these are small plants with few branches, but this is a selection hunt, the yields are less important than the aromas and flavors of the end product, once a keeper or 2 are found they will be put into the mother/clone/ production rotation

Last edited:

aquavitae

nice update vanilla phoenix,

a little surprised that the og turns out as "daytime" smoke, and you mentioned
you re not a heavy smoker. very nice pictures as well, nice work :)

AV

810FireFarm

sorry for the lack of pics recently....the image files didnt send to my computer b/c too large of file sizes and were been busy with some outdoor harvesting....week 8 starting today. ill get them up somehow.

The KarmaRado are definitely taking 1-2 weeks longer than the Josh D and The Scotts, where as both of the latter are getting some bright orange pistils now.

There are several Josh D that look a level above the rest with super swollen calyx's covered in frost, visibly just better looking structure...keeping fingers crossed on the FLAVinoids and Terpenes....just great looking OGs all around from all 3 though...the scotts and josh d are the more traditional...the Karmarado is beefier stems, wider leaves, prob a lil "White" influence fromt eh WOG used in the mix...strong frames no flop yet on these( on most) but still very very ogish...longer flower time though

There is 1 Scotts that is super loud lemon pledge OG, but more spear shaped rather than golf ball...(SFV traits? ?)

The KarmaRados are hands down the larger yielders. The buds are overall just larger than the Scotts or Josh D and not as far along.

Jonny Lan

sorry for the lack of pics recently....the image files didnt send to my computer b/c too large of file sizes and were been busy with some outdoor harvesting....week 8 starting today. ill get them up somehow.

The KarmaRado are definitely taking 1-2 weeks longer than the Josh D and The Scotts, where as both of the latter are getting some bright orange pistils now.

There are several Josh D that look a level above the rest with super swollen calyx's covered in frost, visibly just better looking structure...keeping fingers crossed on the FLAVinoids and Terpenes....just great looking OGs all around from all 3 though...the scotts and josh d are the more traditional...the Karmarado is beefier stems, wider leaves, prob a lil "White" influence fromt eh WOG used in the mix...strong frames no flop yet on these( on most) but still very very ogish...longer flower time though

There is 1 Scotts that is super loud lemon pledge OG, but more spear shaped rather than golf ball...(SFV traits? ?)

The KarmaRados are hands down the larger yielders. The buds are overall just larger than the Scotts or Josh D and not as far along.
nice man, how many Josh d seeds did u pop?

810FireFarm

i apologize for lack of pics recently. also check InstaG 810FireFarm, way easier to post pics to directly...gmail keeps giving me shit about image sizes too large so F it

The josh D and Scotts were harvested last night, cant wait till dry
KarmaRados still needs a week

The Josh Ds definatly grew taller, but nugs are smaller size...The Scotts were not as lanky and the buds seem heavy...i accidentally flopped a stem onto my table when pullilng leaves and it made a heavy "thud" sound that made me stare at it for a few seconds..lol, the JOsh D are golfball nugs are sharp teardrop fat calyxs...the Scotts and Karmarado seem smaller calyx sizes and not as protruding...a tighter nug structure of lil smaller calyxs?

smells are earth(dirt/moss),pine, lemon, lime, pledge or chemical cleaner, gas/diesel, and almost a *musty funk?* and every mix of those ....gonna be hard to pick from

The scotts seem more lemony OG in general, but the looks of the Josh D are exciting

ALL of them smell dank OG...if you dont know OG its hard to describe

cant wait until dry

Jonny Lan

i apologize for lack of pics recently. also check InstaG 810FireFarm, way easier to post pics to directly...gmail keeps giving me shit about image sizes too large so F it

The josh D and Scotts were harvested last night, cant wait till dry
KarmaRados still needs a week

The Josh Ds definatly grew taller, but nugs are smaller size...The Scotts were not as lanky and the buds seem heavy...i accidentally flopped a stem onto my table when pullilng leaves and it made a heavy "thud" sound that made me stare at it for a few seconds..lol, the JOsh D are golfball nugs are sharp teardrop fat calyxs...the Scotts and Karmarado seem smaller calyx sizes and not as protruding...a tighter nug structure of lil smaller calyxs?

smells are earth(dirt/moss),pine, lemon, lime, pledge or chemical cleaner, gas/diesel, and almost a *musty funk?* and every mix of those ....gonna be hard to pick from

The scotts seem more lemony OG in general, but the looks of the Josh D are exciting

ALL of them smell dank OG...if you dont know OG its hard to describe

cant wait until dry
nice man! making me excited to pop my Josh D packs. I gotta wait till I have space next year though.

Robney

Hey 810! Peeped you instagram, everything looked fire! How did the three compare? And if I can ask a question out of left field, how does the 501st compare to all of them?

810FireFarm

The Josh D OG is the hands down winner compared to the KarmaRado OG

The Josh D had better nug formation of sharp spear calyxs as well as more frost.

The Josh D had more classic OG smells i was looking for....fuel, pinesol cleaner, earthy musty piney fuel. The KarmaRado had Og for sure, but had bits of a fruityness almost to it, till good but not what i was looking for. The Scotts OG was not as good as the JD OG either, 1 had a unique Soapy kush smell but flavor wasnt there, which was disappointing bc i have an excellent Scotts OG from about 6-7 yrs (?) ago that is awesome.

Flavor Josh D is winner - fuel + pinesol + earthy musk , some stronger than others, but all were good...first hit just coats mouth with pinesol fuel greasy diesel like flavor

I ran 2 packs, and had 17 healthy girls...8 of them were worthy of keeping, i am going to re-run the best 3 and try to pick 1 if i can

I am going to order another 2 packs for the Vault as there is awesome OG fire in this line.

810FireFarm

The 501 st is killer....its not straight OG ...it grows more spread out,

The flavor on the one i kept is like OG (Pinesol) mixed with Irish Spring Soap, but lacking the fuel aspect form OG.

It tastes great- just not fuel-like

A second 501 i let go was almost like a chem + perfume...it was interesting but people prefered the OG/ Irish Spring Soap pheno better...its unique and refreshing and dank

mack 10

Veteran
ah dang it, I'm gonna have to try these now.
..better than rado og. hummm, I gotta see that.

did you find any citrous tones in your rado og?
mine had this citrous top note
but I would of preferred more og dank.

Robney

The Josh D OG is the hands down winner compared to the KarmaRado OG

The Josh D had better nug formation of sharp spear calyxs as well as more frost.

The Josh D had more classic OG smells i was looking for....fuel, pinesol cleaner, earthy musty piney fuel. The KarmaRado had Og for sure, but had bits of a fruityness almost to it, till good but not what i was looking for. The Scotts OG was not as good as the JD OG either, 1 had a unique Soapy kush smell but flavor wasnt there, which was disappointing bc i have an excellent Scotts OG from about 6-7 yrs (?) ago that is awesome.

Flavor Josh D is winner - fuel + pinesol + earthy musk , some stronger than others, but all were good...first hit just coats mouth with pinesol fuel greasy diesel like flavor

I ran 2 packs, and had 17 healthy girls...8 of them were worthy of keeping, i am going to re-run the best 3 and try to pick 1 if i can

I am going to order another 2 packs for the Vault as there is awesome OG fire in this line.

Thank you 810! Good to see how they all turned out, sounds like that Josh D is bomb! I was really curious how the Scott's would compare, shame it didn't do too well. Enjoy all the OG goodness friend!

Robney

The 501 st is killer....its not straight OG ...it grows more spread out,

The flavor on the one i kept is like OG (Pinesol) mixed with Irish Spring Soap, but lacking the fuel aspect form OG.

It tastes great- just not fuel-like

A second 501 i let go was almost like a chem + perfume...it was interesting but people prefered the OG/ Irish Spring Soap pheno better...its unique and refreshing and dank

Dude thank you so much for all the info, helps me figure out which OGs I wanna try next!