What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombia - Punto rojo

satva

Veteran
Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread bx Colombian Gold

Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread bx Colombian Gold

CoJam mother was Colombian Gold dominate, similar high to the gold phenotypes in Cannabiogen - Punto Rojo. Cannabiogen collected seeds from the norhern Sierra De Madre mountains near Santa Marta.

Beanzy

Muchos gracias por mostrar sus fotos espactaculares, creo en eso cuando vuelvo a colombia busco semillas. Desfortunado fue a Bogota solomente, possible encuentro hierba nivel abajo con semillas.

meizzwang

Here's BSC's version of punto rojo. The effects are crystal clear and zero body, one of my friends said that this strain "doesn't do it for him" because the effects are so clear, you don't realize anything is going on until you stand up and realize how light headed you are! It's actually devastatingly strong, but your mind is sharp. No racy feeling, just intense cerebral effects.

Flavorwise, it's earthy, slightly skunky, but then there's a third component that smells and tastes like nothing else on this planet, it's hard to compare. A good stem rub gives off this smell, it's like an unfamiliar chemical smell but very pleasant, not toxic smelling if that makes sense. When cured, this chemical undertone flavor increases and is very tasty.

this plant finishes in zone 9 late November/early december, although it probably could have gone for another week or two. Plants were unaffected by heavy frost!

Frozen punto rojo (BSC) bud:
32239388965_80801d8d52_c.jpg

Another shot of a frozen punto rojo bud. Notice the malawi gold in the background, it was barely pre-flowering end of November!
31398267074_830de17415_c.jpg

Hours after the plant defrosted, it looked as though nothing happened! Bad photo, but the buds were like arms "from head to toe"
31429247543_1e3607363b_c.jpg

Close up:
32201199696_f0e76630f2_c.jpg

And to give you an idea of what the plant looks like overall. Here in zone 9, if you try to flower punto rojo directly from seeds, it's not likely that you'll get it to finish unless you find a quick flowering genotype. A good method to get them to flower in time outdoors is to take clones from the "top" of the plant, which is vegetatively more "mature." Then you get the plant root bound for a while, and during the pre-flowering stage, repot them into a slightly larger pot. works like a charm:
31429202123_a33c8ea612_c.jpg

meizzwang

some more photos of punto rojo:
31429221823_d827ddcf67_c.jpg

32120675601_92e5453031_c.jpg

Nice fat seeds forming, one or two branches were "dusted" with pollen with a male punto rojo during pre-flowering, so this line has been preserved:
32201271536_ffd0bce98f_c.jpg

31398351214_bc1fc2b760_c.jpg

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds great meizzwang. I guess bsc is no more but the CBG Punto Rojo should do the job.

Have two packs of the Punto Rojo on hand. Have to wait on present grow to finish and then.... Sweet Punto Rojo Colombian, Mangobiche and Colombian Gold too.

Mycelium_mind

Que mas Anderson, dos preguntas. Primero, queria saber si alguna vez has cultivado mango biche o punto rojo en el interior (con luz artificial). Segunto te queria preguntar cual es la diferencia en holor entre punto rojo y mango biche. Mango biche si huele bastante a mango? Un amigo me tiene semillas en medellin y no se si ir por ellas. Me dijo que eran de corinto

Andersonthcv

saludos bro y ps las punto rojo que tengo todo en exterior sin complemento ni nada
y no sabria decir he cultivado muy poco de mango biche ya hace bastantes años esa esta en mi lista en estos momentos poder cultivarla

burningfire

Veteran
not pure but a cross I made grown by a friend. I asked for better pictures :) he said he won't grow it again, he wants something that yields better, it looks full but it's spindly like you can imagine

picture.php

the mom was some of the speediest most hypnotic weed I've smoked with no body.

Mycelium_mind

Gracias por la informacion Anderson. Muy buenas fotos! El amigo mio consiguio las semillas de mango biche en la copa canabica que hubo en medellin el año pasado. Las trajeron unos indijenas de corinto