What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Terppalooza

Cheeesealicous šŸ¤© whole house smells dank and cheesy

Attachments

• PXL_20230809_042855119.jpg
    PXL_20230809_042855119.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61

Arkansux

Are you saying HPS makes stronger smelling Cheese buds or LED does? It's confusing because the recommendation might be for odor control but Cheese seekers are surely looking for the strongest possible smell. And adding to the confusion neither light is a source of UV (there are special UV LEDs but in general). Or do you mean the IR (heat) from the HPS evaporates the terpenes resulting in an odor control nightmare with actually less smell on the eventual bud?
Youre correct , I ment ir...

and I was just talking about Hids evaporating terps making the grow smell a cpl blocks away..

I'm about to harvest some led cheese for the first time pretty soon , I'll be able to give a better opinion about taste etc in a lil while , so far all I can say is man I wish we had leds back the day when weed was illegal, lol

PetePrice

Ok so WCB gets credit for popping the seeds and selecting the plant from 4 girls

He clones it and passed it to his friendsā€¦

One of his friends was ā€œof the hill/cheesefarmerā€ that took the cheese to exodusā€¦

Iā€™m the other thread CF says there was only one cheese.

Then they show him the psychosis pics and tell him some possible backstories.
View attachment 18875086
psychosis is a nl5 x hazeā€¦šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Then CF assures everyone that all that is bollocks and there was only one cheese clone passed out up until at least the split.

View attachment 18875104

But how could he be so sure if he just learned the psychosis existed?

View attachment 18875105

Then a dude comes in a talks about how at some point the exodus crew used the cheese in a few crosses like and how they never even kept the original because the grow room wasnā€™t built yet.

Cheese x nl
Cheese x afghan/haze
Cheese x skunk 1

and those clones were passed out as cheese 1,2 and 3

Cf dispelled it as a myth and says he still had his in 2012 because there is only one.

Then heā€™s told more about the psychosis

and admits there may have been a mix up with a mutual friendā€¦

I started a thread on a different forum and a guy came in challenging the weed world article so I asked where he was getting that info and he gave me a link to that thread.

I read bits and pieces of it in here from some of the people actually Iā€™m the thread but this was new info to meā€¦

As far as my plant

Just chopped her. It seemed like she stopped growing at 68 in my room but my shit ainā€™t perfectā€¦

Cf certainly knew of crosses before -

"sorry dam , only one cheese but i know a few people who have crossed it , i know two people who are currently growing crosses that they are very happy with alongside the original .i imagine there will be a few more crosses out there which are good plants too .
perhaps if you and your freinds plants are so similar the difference you talk about is down to environmentals , have you tried swapping some cuts ? in other words grow his plant in your room and your plant in his to see what happens
:headpain:
might be worth a try.my plants look very different from my good friends grow ,both in nft but me battling with high temps coz of insufficient airflow and him fighting against the cold found in the loft of a badly built house ."

that's a post from 2005

Also if Brightside took the clone to HGF in 02 (edited as it was Cf not BS) -

"interestin to hear that mate , i no one thing the psycho was called " purple " before it was given the name psycho
this is from a reliable source who was one of the front runners as it where for the crew and its growin , this is also the same
bloke who took the exodus cut to dam to the homegrown in 02
:ninja:

FG
:B):

Edited August 7, 2010 by FARMER G"

It's known Brightside worked a back to cheese cross. So even by 2005 you had people that had crossed the cheese out plenty (HHF and BS for instance).

Last edited:

PetePrice

To summarise, its highly likely that cheese was. Crossed to both nl and sp, and then later possibly even blueberry. My theory is that they had to work with regs so would rely on what was commercially available at that time. If we narrow timeline from 88 - 2005 it helps to put things in perspective ad to how they may have changed. My 2p worth here, hope it provided some food for thought. apologies if its repetition.

They def crossed to blueberry and called it Stilton. They had a NL5xHaze too and def a Cheese/NL not sure on the Silver Pearl

bimblebrains_1

Cf certainly knew of crosses before -

"sorry dam , only one cheese but i know a few people who have crossed it , i know two people who are currently growing crosses that they are very happy with alongside the original .i imagine there will be a few more crosses out there which are good plants too .
perhaps if you and your freinds plants are so similar the difference you talk about is down to environmentals , have you tried swapping some cuts ? in other words grow his plant in your room and your plant in his to see what happens
:headpain:
might be worth a try.my plants look very different from my good friends grow ,both in nft but me battling with high temps coz of insufficient airflow and him fighting against the cold found in the loft of a badly built house ."

that's a post from 2005

Also if Brightside took the clone to HGF in 02 then he knew of the pyscho and seemingly lied about it -

"interestin to hear that mate , i no one thing the psycho was called " purple " before it was given the name psycho
this is from a reliable source who was one of the front runners as it where for the crew and its growin , this is also the same
bloke who took the exodus cut to dam to the homegrown in 02
:ninja:

FG
:B):

Edited August 7, 2010 by FARMER G"

It's known Brightside worked a back to cheese cross. So even by 2005 you had people that had crossed the cheese out plenty (HHF and BS for instance).
i cant help but find it really odd that both brightside and cf both claimed to have never heard of the psycho,and cf contradicting himself in many posts about there being only one cheese then clearly saying there were many hybrids of her being passed back then,also after reading farmer g's post above because its well documented the brightside was the guy who passed the cheese to HGF in the dam......its not that i'm saying they are lying on anything,i'm just starting to think that so much confusion and mislabeling had ocured by then that some of the cuts were being passed with incorrect names and no body really knew 100% and all of the time which one was which ....take the post where cf talks about his mate that mislabeled a load of ganesh and cheese cuts,some of which were passed out resulting in him loosing the ganesh all together and ending up having a room full of cheese...if you read between the lines that basically means that a load of ganesh cuts were passed out as cheese at some point because otherwise the guy would have still had the ganesh....see what i mean.....the chaos of the squat rave lifestyle is very likely why there are so many old 'cheese' cuts, many of which people think are the original

PetePrice

i cant help but find it really odd that both brightside and cf both claimed to have never heard of the psycho,and cf contradicting himself in many posts about there being only one cheese then clearly saying there were many hybrids of her being passed back then,also after reading farmer g's post above because its well documented the brightside was the guy who passed the cheese to HGF in the dam......its not that i'm saying they are lying on anything,i'm just starting to think that so much confusion and mislabeling had ocured by then that some of the cuts were being passed with incorrect names and no body really knew 100% and all of the time which one was which ....take the post where cf talks about his mate that mislabeled a load of ganesh and cheese cuts,some of which were passed out resulting in him loosing the ganesh all together and ending up having a room full of cheese...if you read between the lines that basically means that a load of ganesh cuts were passed out as cheese at some point because otherwise the guy would have still had the ganesh....see what i mean.....the chaos of the squat rave lifestyle is very likely why there are so many old 'cheese' cuts, many of which people think are the original

Def seems odd as Brightside had the Psycho (so should edit the above to say Cf misled and not BS lied, but something def went on).. anyway this was BS mum list as of the end of 04 -

"Mothers -

Kali Mist
Blue Moonshine
White Russian
Leda Uno
Psychosis (V. strong skunk pheno - only available as clone)
Cheeze (V.V strong skunk pheno - only available as clone)
'39' ( Cheeze BX 1.0)
comming soon (now in veg)-
Sour diesel bx 2.5

also have some cheeze BX 1.0 in at the moment - looking for another 39 but better and a male to make the 2nd back cross

Hi Harry Gypsna - I am worried about your Cheeze - she should be making 5 bladed leaves by now - sounds like she may have gone into stress ?? :frown:"

bimblebrains_1

Brightside told me the psycho was cheese x widow,,,so he definitely knew about it
Kali Mist
Blue Moonshine
White Russian
Leda Uno
Psychosis (V. strong skunk pheno - only available as clone)
Cheeze (V.V strong skunk pheno - only available as clone)
'39' ( Cheeze BX 1.0)
comming soon (now in veg)-
Sour diesel bx 2.5

weird he lists the psycho as a v.strong skunk pheno and cheese as a v.v strong skunk pheno..surely if it was a cheese hybrid he would have mentioned that,especially in the line above in the same list as cheese but maybe not i guess as she is obviously a skunk leaning pheno if she is a widow hybrid, so could be his reasoning behind that....gotta give the dude kudos tho,a banging list that aye!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In that pm he sent me back in 2006 he said its a widow,,,,it grows a lil white but personally I can't really see any widow in there,,,I'm scratching my head to why he said widow in my old pms but that's what he said

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he didn't even mention it was a sk1 ,,,weird

On another note,,,,

I've been looking at gypsy Harry's old soil photos,,,I only kept 1 mother in soil the whole time I had cheese,,,I personally never flowered cheese in soil atall, I only ever kept the original clone he sent me in soil,,, once I got a few cuts from it I dumped the pot,,,

But it seems this 3 leaft thing is a big indicator for brightsides

PetePrice

weird he lists the psycho as a v.strong skunk pheno and cheese as a v.v strong skunk pheno..surely if it was a cheese hybrid he would have mentioned that,especially in the line above in the same list as cheese but maybe not i guess as she is obviously a skunk leaning pheno if she is a widow hybrid, so could be his reasoning behind that....gotta give the dude kudos tho,a banging list that aye!

Maybe he didn't want everyone to know, was BS London based? Since it was meant to be a Bx it could make sense to call it a SK (albeit diluted with the outcross). Most people thought it was a haze cross but WW makes a bit of sense.

When I look at it compared to the NL cross Nelly they look sim although Nelly is stockier (I think e4ian had a hand in that naming) Psycosis G was e4ians mate and they named it after his dog I think but psycosis G said the Psycho was a cheese cross so yeah I'd be inclined to go with a WW cross.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had some issues that have slowed me down on flowering,,,has to move spots multiple times,,,so I've not finished it yet,,but I've had alot of time to get familiar with the veg,,

After all this time in my room it's really really looking like brightsides,,,I've had a fee people come back to me and say no its not brightsides,,but ive started to think my personal opinion is the only one i can count on,,,so im not making any judgement till I've flowerd it myself personally,,,

One of my most trusted friends says yes,,,I got word from a few people its wasn't so I started to think no a couple of weeks back,,but since I've checked gypsy Harry I'm saying it's highly probable its it

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's so weird how he called it widow and later calls it an sk1 phenotype,,I agree its an sk1,,possibly and sk1 or cheese cross,,,but just widow,,,weird

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never got it to look like that,,but I didn't run it enough really,,,I stuck with brightsides after I noticed the psycho wasn't as stinky,,,

I can see what you mean from that photo,,you can see a possible ww in there,,my grows on the psycho just looked like an inferior cheese

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never got it to look like that,,but I didn't run it enough really,,,I stuck with brightsides after I noticed the psycho wasn't as stinky,,,

I can see what you mean from that photo,,you can see a possible ww in there,,my grows on the psycho just looked like an inferior cheese
Ya know whatā€™s interesting Rick,,,
how a lot of us older heads let these so called Elite Cuts go from the BC,,GG4,,,Illuminati Stardawg and others,,,,,
perhaps we just got fed up with the liability regarding stench and sofa nailing effect with the cheese of which Iā€™m not a fan but will always run a cross,,,
I be running OG Diesel S1s and British Petroleum ( og Diesel x Cheese) when Iā€™m back from the coast in 2 weeks and I have decided to lob my present 8inch filter after 3 runs and replace with a new 10in filter cos I know whatā€™s coming in the stench department ,,,,.
stench gets everywhere and ya shagged if your filters out by even 10%,,