What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

florida og - dna genetics

Rondon

I ran a Kosher x Blue Power from Sin City called Sins Og that was absolutely fire. Tbis was awhile back. Did good outside as well. Not the biggest yielder but wow them buds were potent. That Skywalker..I can get cuts of it around here. A couple people are running something called Skywalker. I just never bothered thinking it could be Dutch Passion Skywalker junk.

well if its the skywalker kush its worth your time imo. its a real dank og variety. we found the keeper plant in the very first seed we popped. I do feel even though dna's shit isn't heavily worked, the rp line does have a bit more effort in it. maybe just better starting genetics or maybe theres a bit more selection. who knows. I cant say this for certain as its my own opinion. but I really was impressed by the quality of the final product. especially since there were a few problems with the grow environment. i really do recommend that one strain for sure of you want something good from dna. i hope i have similar luck with the florida og. i like all the pics we are seeing so far so it gives me a good feeling.

CALIFORNIA GENETICS ARE LIKE THE SUN AND DUTCH GENETICS LIKE A CANDLE

CALIFORNIA GENETICS ARE LIKE THE SUN AND DUTCH GENETICS LIKE A CANDLE

Skywalker from DP has nothing "og" in it. Just a typical Dutch Hindu Kush type.

californian strains are way better then anything from holand in my experience every every every time

M

maliali

californian strains are way better then anything from holand in my experience every every every time

Why they are better u are not just icmag newbie also life newbie. In Europe we preffer sweet profile more that gassy cali terpene profile. Also skunk is Europe is fruty sweet, and in USA u more like dank sour profile gas. OG,CHEM,SOUR i was in Colorado and i Cali. All are sour gassy lots of OG Chem smells. It is cuz in USA Chem is mixed with all and OG. In Europe we prefer sweeter smell like Amnesia,SLH,Northern light,..also a musky sweet skunky fregrance of white family and woodsy incense haze. We in Europe eat more of Milk buttter than peanut butter and u say that peanut is better. U are little newbie in life and u have to smoke much more weed than u have to open your black and white mind little boy. I like OG kush and chems. No flavour like SD but some good old EU haze which come from USA also piss on all OG cuts. Also in Europe like i NY lots of poeple want up high of hazes and sativas with fruty and incense haze yummy flavour. And in Cali when u smoke reall OG's and Kushes u are for nothing all day cuz they to strong u are in zen like taste and u cant move through the day easily. GROW UP BOY AND SMOKE WEED GOOD WEED.

M

maliali

And Skywalker OG is being grow by man who is called LUKE and thats why they call it Skywalker it is not related to skywalker from DP gentics. Read bro dont be newbie noob in life.

Rondon

Its all relative. The really old school Europe genetics were had from American West Coast growers. Just reworked. Nevil and the early Dutch people. They took strains like Skunk..NL..and Haze (especially Haze) and ran with it. Then resold the seeds back to us American growers when most had no other source. Now..good genetics are everywhere. Its all relative. There is fire in the Dutch scene now a days but the Europeans definitely have a different palate then Americans. They generally like the Hazes and sativas. We as well but the majority like clobber you og based gear. Some of the best smoke and plants Ive grown lately from thw Dutch scene has been without question the Amnesia based stuff. Hortilabs Sour Amnesia being at thw top of the list.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Am I the only person that thinks the "florida OG" is probably complete B.S?
No one has ever proved OG is crippy, so why should we believe this mysterious cut is anything out of the ordinary in terms of OG?

I find it highly suspicious no one has ever shown anything called florida OG, until DNA comes out with s strain of a lineage that can never be proven.

My buddy in Hawaii claims to have crippy. Super old cut his uncle used to ship to FL. There's a thread about it.

I would be surprised if DNA had anything remotely close. But any seed can produce a gem. I just keep popping.

meizzwang

tried their holy grail kush and cannalope haze, which were both top notch. DJ's gold was decent, but not the best. I'm sure there's some strains in their catalogue that isn't all that, but given an overall good experience, I went ahead and got the Florida OG. They're up front about the low yield of this strain. Will report back, good or bad.

A Friend of mine did grow out some Pack of those, he had not really knowledge of growing so here a some of the endproducts he got out with:

Plant 1: Went Hermi early in Flower.
View Image
Plant 2: Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
View Image
Plant3:Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
View Image
Plant4: Dwarf Plant, thick Calyxes. 100% Sour OG Smell.
View Image

more detailed pics here

if i get results like this ill be happy. i just hope i get one smelly one. gonna try 2 now and save the rest for later. id be okay if i got a shitty yeilder. as long as its flame. i like the sounds of #4 in these pics. ill take anything good though. i hope you get something good too. it woulkd be sweet if it really was a tk s1

Rondon

Ive got grow buddys that have ran Holy Grail and Kosher both from DNA Seeds. And reports from a couple of em are thumbs up. I dont really run seeds anymore. I let them do all that but ai was gifted a cut of Kosher Kush selected from 3 packs which all germinated. My buddy got some males but mostly a shit ton of ladies and he said this cut was the winner. But generally all were similar. I ran it. Awhile back and it was pure fukin fire.

Rondon

That being said...last seeds I really fukt with was a little bit ago. And it was all Sin City Seeds. 2 packs being a Kosher variant called Sins OG. Kosher Kush x with thier Blue Power male stud they use. Out of 2 packs -15 seeds per pack (they all germinated) I got 22 females. And a few were bullshit but most were good to stellar. Out of those I narrowed it down to 3 with one being the star. I ran the hell outta that Sins Og cut. Indoors and out (she crushed it season before last - just awesome outside) and lemme tell ya...I and many others thought it was even better than DNA's Kosher. I let it go but not after dishing it out to my patients in quantity. She was not a big yielder. Not many of Sins Blue Power crosses are but after a few runs I had her dialed in to give up the goods. Another one I wised I had kept. Again..I dont fuk with seed packs anymore but for yall that do..Give Sin City Seeds a try. 15 seeds a pack. And the ones I tried were frikin good...damn good. I ran Sins Og. Blue Power F2..Raskal Berries..White Nightmare (wow - outside - wow).. And Blue Petrol which that one turned out some of the best my patients said ive grown indoors or out and that's saying alot. Iam giving up on running seed packs. Just too much work and what Not to get what Iam looking for. I run cuts only in production mode now a days. But if someone had a good cut of just about anything from Sin City..I would definitely run it in my test room at least once to see whats up. If you all come across a Blue Petrol cut that was selected right..lemme know. That one is pure fukin devils pitchfork FIRE!!!

yeah id like to try them. especially if the good plant ratio is as decent as you describe! definitely gonna keep my eyes open. I always have room for more seedstock.

going pretty strong. I think I got 2 phenos. one is quite a bit shorter than the other. pretty cool. might do some pics when it gets interesting

one pheno is super strechy, yet sturdy and the other is really short and bushy. I cloned the strechy one. I wanna see what this one is all about

meizzwang

Bringing back some old news from the dead.....Got two phenos of Florida OG:
1) crazy high yielding, Colombian Sativa growth structure, except with thicker buds. The stem rub is intoxicating, but the flowers are only lightly scented and not very strong smelling...almost odorless. Never smelled anything like it, hard to describe, there's a hashy, phyto-chemical component to it. Looks like it'll finish around the end of October here in the Pacific NW. Haven't smoked it, so no comment yet on potency or effects:
48943531738_f09c158c1c_c.jpg

48944259812_19af0ceae3_c.jpg

2) Then there's this Florida OG runt. It took about 2 months to get 1 foot tall, and I was going to cull it, but figured might as well finish the damn thing. Weird thing is, I think this one will be better quality than the high yielding, giant sativa pheno. If you smell the fresh flower, it has a plastic-sweet aroma (in a good way). Break the crystals, and it's skunky sweet,nose piercing strong smelling. Growth-wise, no branching, and it's the exact same age as the sativa dominant sibling. Probably will finish the exact same time:
48944067411_6fe21383d3_c.jpg

Either there was some contamination at pollination, or this line has some colombian/south american sativa mixed in it.