What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

florida og - dna genetics

guruverde

Just had 1 out of a 6 pack veg up we just finished.
I run full spectrum LED with UV (testing phenos for UV through full cycle that doesn't reduce yield or produces something very special), CO2 and an amended cyco system.

She was far and away the biggest bulker of the group.
141 g out of a 7gal air pot.

Resin was absurd. After 10 days dry and 6 weeks of cure she is still sticky with resin.

Sadly my partner handling germ n nursery poorly quarantined a cut and we lost our entire genetics for the past run and many tester. :'(

But the smoke was smooth, fuel with lemon citrus, an amazing indica buzz without sleepiness. A great fit for pain, tension, and many more mental effects. One big rip off a water pipe would send vibrations down your body that seemed to just smooth out your own corners.

Will be growing again for certain as she was a keeper for my full UV project.

I dunno how to get pics on here from instagram but I'll work on it.

Z

Ziggaro

Ugh.. what a waste. Will never grow anything from dna again. Everything is frosty, smooth, and strong but there is nothing og about their Florida gold. If i bought skunk it'd be alright but out of 5 phenos nothing is even close to og.
These seeds don't hold a candle to similar priced stuff like from rare dankness. Either some spanish contracted breeders fucked up my pack or their kosher and Florida og cuts are whack AF

matt11

Ugh.. what a waste. Will never grow anything from dna again. Everything is frosty, smooth, and strong but there is nothing og about their Florida gold. If i bought skunk it'd be alright but out of 5 phenos nothing is even close to og.
These seeds don't hold a candle to similar priced stuff like from rare dankness. Either some spanish contracted breeders fucked up my pack or their kosher and Florida og cuts are whack AF

I feel ya bro, I definitely won't be running any DNA strains for awhile, and haven't since I ran the Florida og last year.

Got 2 phenotypes out of 6 I believe and the 5 were mediocre as hell. They were frosty as fuck for sure but the potency wasent there, and there was no notable taste or smell, as well as a very small yield then what I'm used to. my patients as myself hated that pheno.

Now the single plant pheno was fire as hell. The buds were wayyyy darker then the other pheno, taste and smell was ultra dank but not OG kush like . Yield was way above normal, after staking up all the branches in flowering I still hade crazy problems with the buds/branches flopping over all the time. The potency was ultra strong, probably the most potent I've ran since, well maybe tied with a truthband cut I have.

To me the one pheno didn't justify keeping a cut or running DNA again. The other plants were just a. Waste of space big time. I doubt this strain was legit OG kush lineage.

Z

Ziggaro

I feel ya bro, I definitely won't be running any DNA strains for awhile, and haven't since I ran the Florida og last year.

Got 2 phenotypes out of 6 I believe and the 5 were mediocre as hell. They were frosty as fuck for sure but the potency wasent there, and there was no notable taste or smell, as well as a very small yield then what I'm used to. my patients as myself hated that pheno.

Now the single plant pheno was fire as hell. The buds were wayyyy darker then the other pheno, taste and smell was ultra dank but not OG kush like . Yield was way above normal, after staking up all the branches in flowering I still hade crazy problems with the buds/branches flopping over all the time. The potency was ultra strong, probably the most potent I've ran since, well maybe tied with a truthband cut I have.

To me the one pheno didn't justify keeping a cut or running DNA again. The other plants were just a. Waste of space big time. I doubt this strain was legit OG kush lineage.

Thank you for confirming dude. Frost on most was ok but I didn't get lucky with any og phenos. Smell ranges from juicy fruit gum to piney..ish to some type of wierd caramel maple syrup and taste pretty much like they smell.
Stem rub on these shouda tipped me off. No funk..
I don't think any of the banks I shop at even carry DNA so I won't be tempted again haha

Nughugger

I bought a six pack of Florida Og three popped two phenols were dank one pheno was the purest dankest earthy Og I've ever seen. I didn't believe the Florida tk story before being a Californian but now I have no doubt this is the purest fire more earthy with all that Grease hard little nugs, I've grown every Og I can get about 40 of me ghost and Sfv not as Og as the Florida. And DNA has never let me down always fire and I have only had one hermie through five of their packs always fire bud I've shopped around lots and man DNA has always been the best source for og seeds. So I made a fire Og back cross 3x male used it to pollinate the kosher kush and used a selected product male to hit the Florida Og I popped 20 of them seeds and found my keeper this fire kosher Florida cut is the best cut anyone I know ever seen , because it makes big nugs and has all the Og of the Florida with a slight lemon pepper flav smell. So I say buy the Florida or your garden will be 2nd rate

Medfinder

Chemon 91
I bought a six pack of Florida Og three popped two phenols were dank one pheno was the purest dankest earthy Og I've ever seen. I didn't believe the Florida tk story before being a Californian but now I have no doubt this is the purest fire more earthy with all that Grease hard little nugs, I've grown every Og I can get about 40 of me ghost and Sfv not as Og as the Florida. And DNA has never let me down always fire and I have only had one hermie through five of their packs always fire bud I've shopped around lots and man DNA has always been the best source for og seeds. So I made a fire Og back cross 3x male used it to pollinate the kosher kush and used a selected product male to hit the Florida Og I popped 20 of them seeds and found my keeper this fire kosher Florida cut is the best cut anyone I know ever seen , because it makes big nugs and has all the Og of the Florida with a slight lemon pepper flav smell. So I say buy the Florida or your garden will be 2nd rate

see my post earlier? cuz ive known and seen DNA come through with phenos that are in line.

but... you must get them direct or through verified DNA reps.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Scored a Pack of the Florida OG & Florida Gold.

Currently growing the Florida Gold Pack ( Florida OG x Jew Gold ).
Out of 6 Seeds i got 5 Healthy Plants.

1. Went Hermi early in Flower.
  2. Dwarf Plant, thick Calyxes. 100% Sour OG Smell.
  3. Fluffy Buds, good resin and smell but too fluffy buds for any OG.
    [*]Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
    [*]Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.

After that i wanted to pop that Pack of Florida OGs but i'm not sure anymore if i just Keep Plant 4&5 of the Florida Gold and go with that....

Anyone else grown the Florida Gold by now?

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Scored a Pack of the Florida OG & Florida Gold.

Currently growing the Florida Gold Pack ( Florida OG x Jew Gold ).
Out of 6 Seeds i got 5 Healthy Plants.

1. Went Hermi early in Flower.
  2. Dwarf Plant, thick Calyxes. 100% Sour OG Smell.
  3. Fluffy Buds, good resin and smell but too fluffy buds for any OG.

After that i wanted to pop that Pack of Florida OGs but i'm not sure anymore if i just Keep Plant 4&5 of the Florida Gold and go with that....

Anyone else grown the Florida Gold by now?

A Friend of mine did grow out some Pack of those, he had not really knowledge of growing so here a some of the endproducts he got out with:

Plant 1: Went Hermi early in Flower.
picture.php

Plant 2: Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
picture.php

Plant3:Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
picture.php

Plant4: Dwarf Plant, thick Calyxes. 100% Sour OG Smell.
picture.php

more detailed pics here

Last edited:

Rondon

DNA...just like most others. Its obvious as hell that this company doesn't "work" the strains with diligent selection and sound breeding practices. What with all the absolutely varied reports on phenotypes yields taste smell and potency. One post says fire...next post says bunk. Just like all the rest of the companys. Contract out and throw some pollen around...give out "testers" do every kid with a tent....market the hell out of it...buy a Cup or 4....rake in cash. Forum growers either love it or hate it....bash it or praise it (rightfully so because its just an unfinished polyhybrid with phenos good and bad all over the place) and the so called strain fades away from memory. Same ole story. Listen folks...if you wanna save some cash and have a separate area...you can make your own seeds and have just as much of a coin flip as 90% of the so called "breeders" in the forum online seed land.

i grow

DNA...just like most others. Its obvious as hell that this company doesn't "work" the strains with diligent selection and sound breeding practices. What with all the absolutely varied reports on phenotypes yields taste smell and potency. One post says fire...next post says bunk. Just like all the rest of the companys. Contract out and throw some pollen around...give out "testers" do every kid with a tent....market the hell out of it...buy a Cup or 4....rake in cash. Forum growers either love it or hate it....bash it or praise it (rightfully so because its just an unfinished polyhybrid with phenos good and bad all over the place) and the so called strain fades away from memory. Same ole story. Listen folks...if you wanna save some cash and have a separate area...you can make your own seeds and have just as much of a coin flip as 90% of the so called "breeders" in the forum online seed land.
I agree! you would have just as much of a chance finding something special by making your own versus trusting some breeders who don't even make there own seeds. a lot can and does happen when contracted out and no in house supervision.

Peripheral

here in Florida, crippy is slang for any kind of really good herb.

Im almost 100% sure the first OG Kush is the Josh D cut, who brought it out of Florida.

Here is a pic, this is the first ever OG Kush to hit the scene..

Hes also done interviews detailing how and when he brought the cut from south florida..

So far, no one has challenged his claims that I am aware of.. I can get the cut right now if I want it, my buddy has it.. I prefer the Legend Crinkle cut though, this rare beast is priceless..
You dont know unless you know ;)

I have no clue what "florida og" is, unless they took the Josh D cut or the legend og or something and are working with those cuts..

Marketing for seeds has never been this crazy before..

Attachments

• 12912368_1556358721331384_673436808_n.jpg
    12912368_1556358721331384_673436808_n.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 14

Peripheral

Honestly man, guys are buying a pack of seeds hoping for gold..

These days its all about the pheno hunt...

Grab five packs of the same strain when you by gear, keep only the most fire cut of the five packs and you will have something close to or as good as any of the other elite cuts going around..

So much of the cut game is hype, I know for a fact because Im guilty of it..

People need the mystery and the allure of something so dank they will even buy the seeds in hopes of finding something close...

Poppin a ten pack will have a keeper, but popping 50 beans and you will most likely find something on the level of any ellite cut people are hyping currently.. You will end up tossing your 10pack keeper most likely because 50 seeds really ups the odds...

Peripheral

A Friend of mine did grow out some Pack of those, he had not really knowledge of growing so here a some of the endproducts he got out with:

Plant 1: Went Hermi early in Flower.
View Image
Plant 2: Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
View Image
Plant3:Is what i would call an OG. Stretch, Canopy & Structure fits from what i know as an OG. Smell is yet a bit sour and earthy kushy.
View Image
Plant4: Dwarf Plant, thick Calyxes. 100% Sour OG Smell.
View Image

more detailed pics here

It at least looks like a f1 of the triangle... Maybe the FOG really is the triangle..

Im gonna hit up the one person I know for a fact can verify it...
let you guys know something when I hear back..

this is an awesome thread guys. I know Im late to the show but I have lurked on this thread for some time now. I ended up grabbing a 6 pack of the flog and its going down next grow. i also have the sharksbreath (great white shark X Jamaican lambsbread). a buddy of mine and i grew the rp skywalker og(skywalker X og kush) for our first ever grow and i was some of the dankest fire we had ever smoked. we did a second run of clones and got a waay better result ( lst, defoliation, better feed reg.) and i do believe that this strain will remain in the collection for some time. it smells like rotten stinky gym sock kush or like baby barf og stank. almost makes your eyes water in rosin form. anyway that is beside the point. i have heard the stories on the net and what have you about the flog being a tk cut or something. i want to believe this cus in Canada theres really no chance ill ever get to try the real deal. or even a real og cultivar for that matter. basically its all watered down seed. i hope to get something nice resembling that killer American og KUUSH. i don't know what to expect and i also have no base for comparison to guage how close this plant will resemble the tk but im really just excited to see what we get. all the results you guys have posted look really promising. i wanna learn everything you guys are willing to teach/ share. thanks from an excited newbie. this feels adequate for a first post lol. peace guys. :tiphat:

hi this is my first post. i also find dna to be be excellent. one time i had some nice buds from another breader and next to that i had trim from some kandy kush and purple wreck from reserva privada, and the trim was way better then the top colas of the other strain

kandy kush also is a good yielder excellent lemon fuel earth taste, and super forgiving. had other genetics die next a thriving kandy kush in the same tent same soile etc

Rondon

I was gifted a cut of Diamond Og through the stealthiest of methods last year or so from a really cool cat. And Iam still running the hell outta it. Super frosty. Grows like a typical lanky Og but gives up chunkier buds. No lemon cleaner smells here. When its growing its more of a rank just funky funk. Like garlicky armpits and foul body odor. And when its drying and curing..the smell changes to oaty Cherrios dipped in gasoline. You all know what Iam saying. That one smell.

Rondon

You can get some dank from DNA though. Just gotta buy 20 to 40 seeds of one strain. Germ them all and do a typical phenotype hunt run. And treat them nice. Good chance you can find a keeper mom or 2 out of a 2 or 3 packs. I havent myself but i got grow pals that have found awesome keeper moms from 2 to 4 packs of Kosher..Holy..Grail..Cataract..L.A. Confidential and a couple others. But they are like all the rest. Chances of finding a super banger non hermie kick ass is the same as the rest of the seed companys. Chances improve greatly buying alot of them. Try buying 2 or 3 packs of one variety. And really focus on that one. And see what you can get. Back in the olden days when all we had was Sensi..Serious..Dutch Passion..Flying Dutchman..and Paradise..if you didnt find that banger from one 10 pack..something was wrong. They put alot more work into the seeds back then. More uniform seed packs. Little variation. But back then.everyone was more focused on yield more than super taste..smell and potency. Weve learned that the pig yielders arent always the best. In my experience its almost always the case. The big ones just arent as potent. Trichomes dont get inside those dense big flowers.

Last edited:
man if you like that diamond og you sould try the RP skywalker kush. that shit is some real fire. its got that dank stinky foot/armpit kush rotten reek! and its potent as fuck. like really potent. my buddy and I got alost 30% returns from rosin. not shitting you. its a winner. takes some dialing but once you get her its a machine!! its a plant we are holding on to for a while. im gonna bust the florida og seeds soon too. sounds like it should be some dank og type fire hopefully similar to skywalker. im all about those terps that make your nose sting when you smoke it. wanna try a kosher ccross but I just cant bring myself to believe the hype.

Latest posts

Latest posts