What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace limited release "back the congo"

S

scai

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

scai

Just imagine if I could grow these to be big bushes......They would be just awesome.

S

scai

Sorry to say.I just went to see BTTC and I thought it looks a bit weird. So it does, it's hermie.
Encountered same problem as LeanGreen with his cross.There must be a hermie somewhere in the line.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm very sorry to hear it scai, please email me and i will replace you with other seeds.

Could you post some pics please, and describe your growing regime,
This is the first report of any intersex traits out of thousands of seeds in this release.
Sorry to hear.
Richard W

S

scai

I germinated them in May, end of it I think.
Then they were grown probably 15-20 cm and taken out to greenhouse.

Summer has been very cloudy, not warm not cold, lots of rain.
But I don't think it has affected plants as all are performing well.Very nice grow, though not a lot of branching, all are growing sturdy, long ( a bit too long, lack of sunshine) stems and look really healthy.
This cola was full of bananas between pistils.
I tried to pull them out, but it has been like this from beginning cos there are seed forming allready.
Colas are really thick, thats why i didn't spot them earlier.

I think i had three BTTC and one of them was a male, I collected pollen pollen.So I have one female still somewhere.
If it's in greenhouse, I will take it to flower then.
My floweringroom has two 400 W, one fan and temperature is about 23 C.Lights are 11-13 h.

But I tell you what.I have still three seeds, I can pop them and see what comes. And flower the last one.We will do this properly.

Dubi, there is no need for compensation.Not Ace's fault, this sometimes happens ;) relax, my friend. No to worry ;)

Last edited:
S

scai

Third one was a male, so it goes down, I already have pollen.
So I'm going to pop rest of the seeds now, and we'll see what comes out of them.This time it will be inside grow altogether.

S

scai

Did inspect my greenhouse, have few cuts of that hermielady.
I'll grow them up too, as well as those seeds.
I have changed new lamps in to my floweringroom, in case that they were too old to give enough light to plants.
(have some Mauritius x Mango haze and some other Mauritius sativas there, they'll benefit too)

Dick, this will take some time to prove one way or the other.
But I'm trying to eliminate all disturbance and grow the cuts too, maybe they don't hermie.
New seeds have germinated too and are on their way now, good germination.

Maybe it was only one off...

Dr.King

Veteran
Could you post some pics please, and describe your growing regime,
This is the first report of any intersex traits out of thousands of seeds in this release.
Sorry to hear.
Richard W

Haven't heard much about them wanting to hermie in flower. Just noticed the last few posters up here have problems. I have some very dailed in rooms. I got 2 packs so far will get 2 more next month. Was saving for outdoors but I'll just get more, the more the better. I will run a few females and see what great results I come out with :biggrin:. Heard some great things about that Deep Chunk pheno, can't wait to taste it. Of course I wanna try the Sativa version too. Big ups RW :tiphat:.

Did inspect my greenhouse, have few cuts of that hermielady.
I'll grow them up too, as well as those seeds.
I have changed new lamps in to my floweringroom, in case that they were too old to give enough light to plants.
(have some Mauritius x Mango haze and some other Mauritius sativas there, they'll benefit too)

Dick, this will take some time to prove one way or the other.
But I'm trying to eliminate all disturbance and grow the cuts too, maybe they don't hermie.
New seeds have germinated too and are on their way now, good germination.

Maybe it was only one off...

Sorry to hear the hermie problems. Dubi and the crew are always nice enough to replace seeds to keep great customer service mood up. Hope the best for the rest of your Congos.

Thanks dr k.
The bananas in this report i think stemmed from the fact that
They were started outdoors and finished indoors.
Although when one is very careful you can shift from one environment to another
It is also possible that this will result in extreme stress on a plant,
I have never seen this strain pop bananas when run indoor or outdoor,
So be carefull folks when swapping environments on any strain.

S

scai

Very much possible, that moving is the trigger to hermie.Here are pictures just before I chopped her.

picture.php

picture.php

simsim

First posted in a Deep congo thread, but I think I should have done it here, hence reposting:

googled this thread searching for some pics of phenotypes of Back to the Congo. A growther friend on another forum recommended this BTTC. After I saw Richard Williams BTTC beans appeared on ACE seeds I just ordered 5pack from there and popped 3 of them. I read people love this strain for it's musical values and decided to try out myself.
got 2 males and one fem. Which I flipped yesterday. 1 male and female have big fat indica leaning leaves and thick strong woody stem.
and one male is very much different. More sativa leaning. Thinner stem. Smaller and more narrow blades. Smells more fruity. Although both smell very nice.
Can anyone comment on those phenos? What should I'd be looking for.
Thanks. Here're some pics.
Stems.
View Image

and both males
View Image

female
View Image

G

Hey BTTC fans. I slowed down this summer due to higher temps than I could handle. The only harvest I pulled off I think was compromised. With that said the quality of the flowers is remarkable and most of the accounts about BTTC seems true. Very masculine during flower and after. Cures up to evoke textures like leather chairs, cigars, burning oil wells in Iraq, savory foods cooked outside with wood. And a hint of herbal that you notice because it is so out of place. The high is good. It will reach you daily smokers no problem. I like it for a daytime companion. These shots are about day 34. She didn't stretch on me this time, but I have been changing up multiple factors in the grow room and am not too concerned.

back to the congo smoke report

back to the congo smoke report

Hey BTTC fans. I slowed down this summer due to higher temps than I could handle. The only harvest I pulled off I think was compromised. With that said the quality of the flowers is remarkable and most of the accounts about BTTC seems[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60817&pictureid=1500014&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60817&pictureid=1500015&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60817&pictureid=1500013&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60817&pictureid=1500012&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60817&pictureid=1500017&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] true. Very masculine during flower and after. Cures up to evoke textures like leather chairs, cigars, burning oil wells in Iraq, savory foods cooked outside with wood. And a hint of herbal that you notice because it is so out of place. The high is good. It will reach you daily smokers no problem. I like it for a daytime companion. These shots are about day 34. She didn't stretch on me this time, but I have been changing up multiple factors in the grow room and am not too concerned.

I LOVE how you describe the turpene blend of this strain,
Can i quote that?
Thanks a bunch
Cheers to alaska.
Richard
This years batch is still out in the fields and i have isolated
Males of the bx1 and the bttc to contribute to this years version.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback Outcold :)

I'm glad you have had a good experience from your Back to the Congo from Richard Williams, it's always great to hear more reports about new releases.

Enjoy her!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Multidimensional,
welcome here @ ACE icmag :)
nice shot! & a poem too :)
Down in a deep and shaded valley, a modest violet grew
It's stalk was bent, it hung it's head, as if to hide from view

And yet it was a lovely flower, it's color bright and fair
It might have grown a rosey bloom, instead of hiding there

Do you have some bud shot's?
Will grow this strain next year... maybe outdoor too but not sure because of lat.
keep it up...
M.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts