What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

sahdgrower

Well I am not a timid user and I will be pissed if this is not as potent as advertised. It did win 2010 cup. So I am hopeful. Spending a lot of time and energy to grow it.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
doneit; I'm glad that I know what I want from the herb.

I found that folks who use/misuse the English language do not normally use English as a
'first' language.

Failing that occasion: perhaps the misnomer S/B Adam Henry? Was hoping that you really didn't mean to be one. lmao

Not everyone wants nothing but sledge hammers in their toolbox.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Not everyone wants nothing but sledge hammers in their toolbox.

So then why will a breeder want nothing but weak potency strains in his offering?? I don't know, he's free to do so, but people should be warned they're buying taste and smell and not potency.

doneit

Veteran
2 legal...Are you kidding?

Stop pretending your educated enough to come in here and attempt to belittle someone else...

When you want to school me on anything other than WEED on a WEED forum, step back and know that i am chuckling, and yes... at you!

On subs gear... way to many other breeders out there, like JJ for example, that deliver as promised.
JJ's gear is everything plus 10 as advertised, you will never see a negative remark on his or the 100 other breeders out there that are truly great at what they do.
why in the world would us as members sit back and let false advertising take advantage of our fellow members?

Anyways.. sorry to all for ranting some, bit tired of pretenders!

G

Gr33nSanta

is it possible most of you were taking their plants down too early? From looking at a lot of his pictures albums, he seems to take his plants down pretty early, like barely any amber on them. I found when I have grown his gear that the plants usually want to go at least a week longer than what the description says. I agree most of what I have grown from tga was never as potent as it looked except spacebomb, which only test at 15 % but there is something about it for me. I have some pennywise right now that look promising.

OgRastaman

My friend have been running the ga line for a lil over a yera tryin different strains all of theme were very tasty but they all lacked in potency they used roots organics soil , worm castings and the tga supersoil mix good lookinh dense flowers smelled great nice s Ize plants in the 5 gal. Pots under 1000s hps but none of the flowers were amazing or stronger average

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
So maybe that's why subcool only makes ice wax. The flowers don't get him off.

I've grown a fe TGA and the only keepers has been TGA cross.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
2 legal...Are you kidding?

Stop pretending your educated enough to come in here and attempt to belittle someone else...

When you want to school me on anything other than WEED on a WEED forum, step back and know that i am chuckling, and yes... at you!

On subs gear... way to many other breeders out there, like JJ for example, that deliver as promised.
JJ's gear is everything plus 10 as advertised, you will never see a negative remark on his or the 100 other breeders out there that are truly great at what they do.
why in the world would us as members sit back and let false advertising take advantage of our fellow members?

Anyways.. sorry to all for ranting some, bit tired of pretenders!

I agree and disagree, yes jj will deliver and yes, potent with good smell etc, but if you love fruity weed then tga is the one to go for. they other breeders who use chem likes or ogs provide strong strains but they are the other end of the taste and smell spectrum. personally I think there is a market for both, but I do agree the potency lacks. but then if you select from larger numbers you are more likely to find something more pokey. I loved agent orange and kept one around for quite a while, but it was selected from a larger batch.
I don't think I would have found that same thing anywhere else with the same tastes or smells.

kinda reminds me of dj short and blueberry.. an unstable line, not the most potent, but then if you want blueberry smell and taste your not gonna pick an og or chem or skunk hybrid.

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
I thought the Jilly Bean had a nice taste (one pheno was straight Orange Crush taste and smell) and was more of a daytime "get shit done" head high. It's kind of a creeper and lasted a couple hours until you realized you're not high anymore.
You never hear much of this one but Qleaner is a very interesting plant, main cola's were around 24 inches long and as big as your fist. In the jar it has a kind of funky smell like baby spit-up, slightly lemon, slightly kerosene/chemical cleaner smell. The flavor in my vape is even weirder, it starts off tasting like a chemical cleaner and continually changes as you vape more of the resin, it completely changes to a mellow peppery type taste.
The high is more pronounced, lasts longer and stronger than Jilly Bean more even between body and head. Can get a little trippy and really the best I've had in quite a while for listening to music.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Not much TGA experience here but I have a pheno of Cheesequake that is a massive producer of very flavorful cheesey buds. Not an extremely strong smoke, but it tastes amazing and makes great bho. But yah Definitely go with another breeder like BOG or moonshine if you want powerful weed

harry74

Veteran
I´ve got no experience with TGA but Reading your comments it reminds me a bit of what happens with some of soma strains.

They look nice and are tasty but of a médium potency IMO.
May be to get the right more potent pheno, you need to select from a bigger number of seeds.

Somentimes the first time you sample a new strain it is a elite/selected clone and you say fuck this is good.......
You buy a pack of the same seed line and....you don´t find that pheno; of course you are not happy at all.

Smoking some Lavender and Somango at the moment; I wouldn´t call them weak, I would say médium potency.
Some not daily smokers somentimes complain about the high potency of the weed ( at least around here).
This kind of strains are more suitable for casual smokers; most of you are HC potheads.
May be you can stop smoking for 10 days.
After that 10 days, smoke some TGA bud. I bet you won´t say the same.
Nice Sunday everyone.

symbiote420

Veteran
^^LOL, Idk if I wanna stop smoking for 10 days just for a strain to get me high I think I'll pass on that gear altogether then, hell reggo's will get you buzzed up good if you stop smoking that long too!! The smoke I like is too strong for the average smoker, but I need weaker crosses for some of my patients that need the softer meds!

sahdgrower

Well it seems that there is a lot of shit talking on this thread but very little actual evidence to support the claims. That in my opinion is the worst thing about these forums. I appreciate opinions, I really do, I just wish people would form them from a more informed standpoint. For example, I am growing TGA, when I am done I will do a full smoke report. I also may have it tested. That way anybody that reads my opinion will at least know how I got there and that I am not just regurgitating some crap I heard around the way. With this forum we have a great opportunity to share with people the information we have learned, I take this as a responsibility to at least try to inject some reliability into my claims or if I just spout pure opinion I make sure to disclaim. BTW if I have to quit smoking for 10 days just to get high off my vortex I will not be a happy camper and I will definitely let all that want to listen know about it.

Ive never grown out any tga genetics and i am a bit behind times with strains being that im in the south.most bud sold around here is sold on looks,smell,and taste.I have a friend who regulary gets bud from a grower friend in california everytime the bud comes it looks smells and tastes great but doesnt have the potency.

On the other hand he gets rid of 2 pounds a week..I read a high time article that said there is a market for lower potency great tasting smoke..so my comment may be worthless to the actual thread just thought id throw it out there,most bud is sold before its ever smoked,

harry74

Veteran
Come on guys I didn´t mean you have to stop smoking,you know that.
Several years ago I was kind of 2 weeks with no smoke.
After that I smoked a outdoor Blueberry spliff......

I had to sit down I remember...........

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got quantum pack in the fridge, will be back soon with pics...
I'm sure TGA gears are good a bit overpriced imo.

kaneboy

Spacedawg, dairyqueen and spacejill all were great had awesome taste and looked amazing and had decent potency , well put it this way they got me happy and mellowed but thats all ive grow from tga would try others

idiit

Veteran
I´ve got no experience with TGA but Reading your comments it reminds me a bit of what happens with some of soma strains.

^^ the potency problem is not just with tga gear. lots of breeders putting out stock with similar issues.