What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bountea

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Has anyone heard of, or used the compost tea Bountea. The guy who grows the world record vegetables makes, and uses it. I just recently renewed my MMJ license, and one of the guy's I had to talk to was a patient and grew himself. He said he went to some grow classes, which told him about this stuff-and he claims he tripled, or even quadrupled his yield. So what do you guy's and gal's think??

SneakySneaky

Veteran
I use it to make my compost tea, I wouldn't say triple your yeilds that's far off. You can noticeably see the girth swell more than if not using it. I use it up to 2 weeks before harvest and always get good consistent top quality meds. I only use the BounTea Alaskan humisoil and it's good stuff. I haven't used their other products but I imagine it wouldn't hurt.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Anywho, I bought a brew kit yesterday. I forgot to pick up some Root Web for the Veg stage, and B3 Better Blooms for the Flowering stage. I probs wont brew til Friday or Saturday anyway though. Im gonna put this shit on some vegetables outside too lol. It will be a little different dilution rate, 1:8 for outdoor, rather than 1:5 for indoor. Thats seems odd to me, I figured it would want/need more outdoor?
Sneaky: How often do you use it? The guy I talked to says he uses it 2 Sundays a month. These classes are wicked expensive, but he claims he went from 2 to 10-15 in soil. They are three hours per week(in one night) for an 8 wk length of time. He is using a 1000w light

SneakySneaky

Veteran
He claims he went from 2 to 10 what? If he's talking about Ozs then don't take grow advice from someone that only gets 2 ozs from a 1k, he shouldn't be teaching anyone to grow if he averages about .1 grams per watt. Theres a thread where a guy is trying to pull 5lbs from a single 1k. I use bountea every other week in flower and every week in veg. It's a good product, but don't think that one product is responsible for a good grow.

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Another thing I like to do, I put the appropriate guano on my plants for veg, early flower and late flower, and the compost tea will feed the guano to the plant so you don't have to brew a guano tea as well as compost tea. I've never used the b3 so I can't vouch for it. BounTea works man enjoy!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeahr, thanks Sneakster. I plan on using it twice a month, or about every other week. I got the Root Web for when the ladies are in veg, and the B3 for when they are blooming :biggrin: :dance013: :woohoo: :laughing: :)

SneakySneaky

Veteran
This web site will teach you better than that guy, 2 ozs per light is absolutely pathetic for him to charge people to learn to grow. Read everything on this website that you can, then show him how it's supposed to be done lol. Experience can't be taught in a class though, so a few harvests from now you'll be way better off from this site than his class, there are hundreds of talented growers here offering their knowledge for free, I recommend using it. BounTea is good dude you'll have good success with it.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Brewed a batch with the Mineral Magic M3, and the Root Web for veg and fed them Friday night. After a couple of hours, I checked them and the girls seemed to perk right up. Everyone loves perky ones right lol? Fed the ladies in flower some brewed with the Better Blooms B3 last night, we'll have to see how they take it :dance013:

mendo420

Veteran
Ive used Bountea on and off for a few years.
Was the first tea i brewed!
I'm back to using it again this season but adding more to my tea.
I brew 40 gal @ a time.

Per 5 gal of water:
1 cup earth worm castings
1 cup Alaskan humisol
1/4 cup Bio Activator
1 cup Nitro bat guano
1 cup seabird guano
1 cup liquid karma
1 cup Non GMO malt suryp
1/4 cup Go green Mycorrhizae
1/2 cup water soluble seaweed

I mix 1-2 gal to in a 32 trash can 5 gal per pot every other week.

Go Green is a product similar to root web. more microbes and less $
I'm not to sure if it makes a Huge difference. I'm just going all organic this year. Did not do a control plant to see the difference.
Sure seems like everything likes it. I use it on my veggies as well ganja.
Every thing is green, lush and big!

ogatec2

my friends got on it recently..hydro converts.. their plants are looking fantastic! i cant wait for the results. their clones on the 'tea are absolutely exploding with white roots! i will probibly be switching myself after we get to sample the final product.

i feel like thier products are a good staring point for getting into organic.... after getting used to the nuances of organic growing (what! no ph/ec meter?!?!) making your own mixes would probably be just as good for alot less pennies