What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Review: Volcano VS VapeXhale Cloud Evo

v1ru5

Hey fellow ICmagers,

If you have both, share your experience in this topic. If you only have one, do not post to this topic, please. This topic is meant strictly for owners of both.

My experience on each:

Volcano

I have owned this device for more than 10 years. Currently me and my girlfriend own a Volcano each. It is a good device because of ease of use, and able to serve a lot of people. It is also very sturdy device, as long as you don't drop it from the table to the temp control knob, nothing happens (trust me I've had this happen, a bitter lesson :biggrin:)

Pros:

• Ease of use
  • Plastic bag and mouthpiece won't break even if someone drops it (e.g. parties)
  • Proven track record
  • Holding the mouthpiece & bag is easy, because they are light. For some people who can't hold heavy objects or have other problems with their hands, this might be a beneficial thing.
  • Cheaper than VapeXhale Evo Cloud

Cons:

• Dry vapour (you can suck the vapour thru a bong or similar contraption to moisten it, though)
  • Large, hard to hide
  • Heavier than VapeXhale Cloud Evo

VapeXhale Cloud Evo

I got this a bit over a year ago. It is a nice little device that I bought because it was supposed to be the "Volcano killer". While I don't sign that it is, it is a better device if you are careful about your belongings. That means that for some people who have clumsy friends, Volcano is a better choice because they don't need to worry so much.

Pros:

• The vapour is moist and you can easily take massive hits
  • The taste is much better as you get the vapour instantly into your mouth/lungs after the vapourising has happened
  • Device is smaller than Volcano and can be hidden easier

Cons:

• The bowl is way smaller than Volcano, so while you can take massive hits, you need to load many bowls ready to get as high as from the Volcano in the same amount of time and need to change the bowls like you were in some western movie loading that six-shooter.
  • The device feels like a toy, its so light and with the heavy glass piece on it, can be prone to tip over/fall if a clumsy user uses it
  • You need to be careful about using the "bong" part of it on the device as you place it on it, you should not twist the device / the "bong" part - a clumsy or a very stoned user can easily mess this one up
  • Trickier to use than the Volcano
  • The whole contraption is heavier to hold than Volcanos bag+mouthpiece, for some people who can't hold heavy objects or have other problems with their hands, this might be a beneficial thing.
  • More expensive than the Volcano

Conclusion:

If I had to choose between the two of these, I would pick VapeXhale Cloud Evo, because I rarely share my device with anyone. But if I would be a very social person, I'd get the Volcano. Right now with both devices I can have the best of both worlds. If I only had money for Volcano, I wouldn't be sad to buy it. In the end the taste difference is debatable as you can vape a bit into a Volcano bag and hit it straight away, but I've always used massive bags on it that take like 1 minute to fill up, so... All in all, for the average toker these devices offer the same with minimal differences, but if you're a cannabis connoisseur, VapeXhale Cloud Evo is the one to go with. If you're looking for the easiest way to get superduper high with minimal hassling around, Volcano is the one to go with.

Both get 10/10 points in my books.

Hey fellow ICmagers,

Pros:

• The taste is much better as you get the vapour instantly into your mouth/lungs after the vapourising has happened

Sorry, but this is a disadvantage in my eyes. I use the Volcano daily for more than tens years now and when I use my Volcano alone and don't share my bag with other people, then I rebreath the vapor back into the bag. No matter if you smoke or vaporize - most of the THC is lost simply by blowing it into the air. The exhaled smoke or vapor is still full of THC. It's no fun stuff to rebreath smoke, but vapor is completely different. If you rebreath your vapor back into the bag, you will have a much better degree of effectiveness and you can even enjoy the flavor longer. Many people complain about the bag, but I guess they just don't understand how to use it properly.

edit: concerning the dryness of the vapor: If you rebreath the vapor, you will see very soon how the moist of your breath condense in the bag and little drobs of water appear very fast. If you rebreath the vapor just two or three times it will not be dry anymore. ;-)

Last edited:

v1ru5

Sorry, but this is a disadvantage in my eyes. I use the Volcano daily for more than tens years now and when I use my Volcano alone and don't share my bag with other people, then I rebreath the vapor back into the bag. No matter if you smoke or vaporize - most of the THC is lost simply by blowing it into the air. The exhaled smoke or vapor is still full of THC. It's no fun stuff to rebreath smoke, but vapor is completely different. If you rebreath your vapor back into the bag, you will have a much better degree of effectiveness and you can even enjoy the flavor longer. Many people complain about the bag, but I guess they just don't understand how to use it properly.

edit: concerning the dryness of the vapor: If you rebreath the vapor, you will see very soon how the moist of your breath condense in the bag and little drobs of water appear very fast. If you rebreath the vapor just two or three times it will not be dry anymore. ;-)

How is better tasting vapour a disadvantage? You like worse tasting vapour?

I get the rebreathing thing, we do it mouth-to-mouth or lung-to-lung with my girlfriend ;-)

Even with the VapeXhale Cloud Evo you could still do a bag-rebreathe if that's your thing, but better taste a disadvantage? I just don't get you :biggrin: