What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bloom boosters and potency question

maimunji

Do bloom boosters increase or decrease potency when using right without burning plants and overfeed them? Anyone do side by side with same clone same environment? My plants always comes spectacular after hit them late in flower. Huge chunky nugs covered with cristals, trichomes poping overnight. I just wondering is this decrease or increase their potency?
Or this doesn't matter and potency is mostly genetically based.
Many thanks for answers.

Siever

Veteran
Try a run with the same plants/strain without the booster and see if their is an increase or decrease in trichomes. Then you'll know. What booster are you using?

Siever

dufous

Only to the extent that deficiencies were limiting genetic potential. But what do I know? I'm a dufous.

maimunji

Try a run with the same plants/strain without the booster and see if their is an increase or decrease in trichomes. Then you'll know. What booster are you using?

Siever

I run mostly seeds and keep clones just if something is outstanding. Don't have space to run side by side. I use different brands pk boosters what I have on hand.

Siever

Veteran
I run mostly seeds and keep clones just if something is outstanding. Don't have space to run side by side. I use different brands pk boosters what I have on hand.

Well, then write down what you harvest and compare it with your next/last grow.

Siever

Mudraya

Do bloom boosters increase or decrease potency when using right without burning plants and overfeed them? Anyone do side by side with same clone same environment? My plants always comes spectacular after hit them late in flower. Huge chunky nugs covered with cristals, trichomes poping overnight. I just wondering is this decrease or increase their potency?
Or this doesn't matter and potency is mostly genetically based.
Many thanks for answers.

It's mostly genetically based, but a perfect grow will always be more potent than a mediocre one. If the bloom booster achieves the desired result of more trichs then yes, it will be more potent.