What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubble bags

I am near end of flower.. I am looking to make bubble hash with bubble bags from the trim and tiny buds/undeveloped buds but dont know if i should go for a 4 bag kit (220u, 160u, 73u, 25u) or the 8 bag kit (220u, 190u, 160u, 120u,90u, 73u, 45u, 25u)

I will be getting a 5 gallon kit but cant figure out which would be better to go for..

i feel if i was to get the 4 bag kit i would need to buy the 90u seperately...*

any adviced and help would be highly appreciated.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I have an eight bag kit and I use 4 of them. The other screens could be useful for different varieties but the 4 work just fine for the majority of strains.

MrBungle

I really only use 3... after a while the 25u would just clog and take forever to drain.. it was never very impressive to me anyways personally....

(220u work bag, 160u, and 73)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
25 micron drain

25 micron drain

25u will clog if you don't drain it right. The right way to drain 25u is to jerk up, and bring up the water and resin to the top of the bag. Take both hands around the top of the bags and jerk up lifting all the contents in the bag to the top. That removes the resin from the screen and allows the water to drain fast. You can drain the 25 micron in about 4 good jerks. What takes 30 min doing a slow drain, you can drain in 20 seconds. Once you get the hang of it, it easy! The 25 micron hash is better and melts better! I think Bubbleman still has a video in YouTube

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yep, what Creeper said. Works like a charm.

However, I often wondered if the force was simply opening up the holes more and forcing the water through (along with many of the trichs).

I eventually went with 220 to filter the garbage and then 170, 90, 45 for hash.

Also, as for cleaning the bags.... I often toss mine in the washing machine with no soap.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I would grab the eight bag kit. Test for yourself. I run four, not including the work bag. 160u, 90u, 73u, and 45. Like 25u, 45u can sometimes be work- but I think it's well worth it.

I bought my set in either '04 or '05. The work bag finally gave out the last time I went to do a run. Bought a set of replacements - a knockoff - and very much regretted it when the damn things wouldn't even fit over the five gallon bucket.

I haven't yet replaced my originals with true Bubble Bag brand, but will, since I threw out the knockoffs. Sometimes it doesn't pay to skimp. Those bags caused me to sacrifice a good sized run I was very much looking forward to. My advice would be to get the original brand if you weren't already - I got my money out of mine. Hopefully they're still as well made.

redlaser

Veteran
Saw something the other day that speeds up the draining of the bags part, which takes a fair amount of time in the process for me.

These guys were using a vac pump attached into the side of a five gallon bucket, about an inch above the bottom. Half way between the pump and bucket is a mason jar inline to catch any vac’ed liquid before it would reach pump.

They use five gal paint strainer bags as work bags before using the 220, to make the 220 last longer.
So once it’s in the 220, and then 120, 90, and 70, it goes into the five gal bucket with the vac attached. Using a sprayer to pool it on the bottom of the bag, then vac, collect and repeat with other bags.
When I saw their setup it seemed like either the bucket or jar would implode, but it worked without issue. No water other than mist made it to the jar, and almost none of that, and there was no issue with trichs being forced through the bag.

Latest posts

Latest posts