What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

imiubu

- Tincture strainer

Just got this off Etsy - tested today and it works like a champ.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/169065324/new-stainless-steel-herbal-tincture-oil?ref=hp_rv

Okay, I know this post is old but I wanted to thank you for the link. I've been looking at presses off and on for years now but hadn't found one that rings all the bells. I make various tinctures/ concentrates using a potato ricer as a press. My poor old hands just can't handle the pressure anymore.

methias

Pressed rosin edibles

Pressed rosin edibles

I recently bought a DabPress. It's amazing how much rosin I get from heat pressing La Confidential buds. Vaping is great but I want to make edibles with the rosin.

From what I've been reading I should be able to get the decarboxylation done with my Anova sous vide prior to pressing.
Next press and collect.

From here I'm a little iffy.
How to infuse the rosin with some oil or butter for edibles.
I'd think warmed oil would melt the rosin into it, but before I give it a try, I'd like to hear if someone else has experience with it.

Anyone?

:tiphat:

Vape on kids.

JRace

I decarb after pressing.
Mix the rosin and coconut oil (or MCT oil) in a oven-safe jar,
either put in oven (if your oven temps are stable) or better yet in a electric fondue pot filled with oil.

During decarb mix the rosin/oil with a wooden skewer (also helps to release the C02 bubbles).

For best results after deacrb and before use mix again, I use something like:

51Xp19NIh%2BL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

SamsonsRiddle

this seems to complicated to me.
i decarb bud for 40 mins at 140 f in oven. put the slightly broken herb into a sheet of aluminum foil then take a crock pot liner and tie it up to keep in the smell.

then i take the herb and put it in a small pan and mix in just enough oil to make it moist and go be able to use a dropper with - just a little soy lecithin. before i put the herb in a pan i run it through a coffee grinder. run this in the oven with aluminum foil around the top of the pan and once again tied in a crock pot liner at 200 f for 40 mins.

use a dropper to put into a capsule and that's it. KISS

Latest posts

Latest posts