What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC cup 420 2017, Rules

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wanted to share this in the open forum so people know more about the ic 420 cup and how it works etc.

basically if you want to enter this event you should read this carefully and then let me know by pm or email mentioned bellow.

we hope to make this year another great event.

so this is the Rules document i promised to share here. i had to edit 1 or 2 details that are related to security and can only be read in the encrypted 420 cup forum.

IC 420 Cup 2017 Rules:

NO taking Face Pics

Cup Entry Rules:

To enter this year, 33g cannabis per entry will be needed. for Hash, 7g per entry is required. Rosin entries should also be 7g. no entering fee is required.

Each entrant can enter up to 5 entries, we will have the following categories:

A) Breeder; Sativa dominant
B) Breeder; Indica dominant

C) Grower; Sativa dominant
D) Grower; Indica dominant

E) Hashish, no oil/bho allowed, mixed in or otherwise.

F) Rosin

breeder means anyone who has a seed making/selling company or is a vendor on icmag. grower means everyone else who might wish to enter.

The first three places of each flower category; Grower Indica dominant, Grower Sativa dominant, Breeder Indica dominant and Breeder Sativa dominant, will win a cup inscribed to commemorate their success. the first places in the Hashish and Rosin category will equally win inscribed cups, the results will be announced from the top score downwards, so people can see how they did over all, in all categories too. this year we will have a trophy for best rosin entry too. rosin entries will be passed out with the hash packs, but they will be scored separately and the best Rosin entry will win one of our unique ic 420 cup glass trophies

Entries must be on site by April the 15th. late arrivals will be shared out as gifts and will not be entered in the cup. contact gaiusmarius by pm or by gaius@icmag.com, for our packing, coding and shipping instructions. if you can get your entries to Amsterdam yourself, please make sure they are there and ready by the 15th of April at the latest.

when applying for shipping etc instructions, please include; your ic nick, if not a member of ic, your company name, the strain name, category (breeder/grower) and whether it's Indica dominant or Sativa dominant? this info is needed to make the ballots.

To enter the Grower or Breeder category in this Cup, the entrant has to have grown the entry out. no bought product is allowed to be entered.

If any one category is smaller then 6 entries in the end. we reserve the right to put both Growers and Breeders entries of that category together to make it a genuine competition.

6. Entries should be pre bagged to insure each 1g sample looks it's best when it gets to the judge. you must use neutral baggies, no identifying markings allowed. if we have to bag your entry up we will not be giving it an extra trim or anything, so you could lose points for the visual aspect. hash samples should be 21 x 0.3g portions and weed should be 33 x 1g portions. an extra bud for the packers is always appreciated :D

7. as always at the IC 420 Cup, the entries will be numbered randomly so they can be judged anonymously, no strain or breeder name to distract ones judgment. Entrants must not identify their entries to other cup goers under any circumstances.

Voting and Judging Rules:

Judge Packs will be available for a donation of ? euro for hash packs and ? euro for weed packs, to cover expenses. we will have Hash, Indica and Sativa judge packs.

The ballots you receive with your judge pack should be initialed as soon as you get them so you don't get them mixed up with other members. the voting will be online again, so you don't even need to use the ballot sheet and can vote directly online, if you want. either way, just as long as you end up with all your scores entered in the cup application. failing to judge all the samples is a reason to go to the back of the lists for judging eligibility next time if there is a shortage of judge packs. so try not to take on more judging then you can actually achieve.

there will be some instructions and guidelines for using the voting app included with JPs

No tactical voting will be allowed, tactical voting will be sanctioned by disqualification. tactical voting means trying to help someone in particular to win by scoring their entries generously and all others notably lower, or trying to pressure others to vote a certain sample up or down. identification and discussion of your own entry with other judges is not allowed and will result in disqualification. our voting app has an outlier recognition algorithm that can discount crazy votes

it is also strictly prohibited to identify your own entry to other cup goers. i ask all the cup attendees to help the staff make sure that this rule is being followed. we will disqualify your entry if we catch anyone breaking this rule

We want to allow people to enter the cup and still be able to judge all the other entries. so when a judge is judging his own entry, his score for his entry will not count. the winners will be decided by averages, so a missing vote will not effect the outcome. this year the voting app will allow us to enter multiple names for an entries entrant, this way collectives and teams that enter will all not be able to vote on their entry. but even if you are able to vote on an entry that you are part of entering, or even have only an interest in how it does, then you shouldn't vote on it.

you must have entered your scores into the ic cup voting module (voting app) online by the time that we announce in the schedule.

6. like always the voting will be 100% transparent, i.e. the membership will see each judges votes for each strain after the event. i know it always cause a few discussions, but imo it's worth it to be able to show everyone with out any doubts that everything is fair and above board. that way anyone can go over the numbers to check the results for them selves.

edited to add:

as the rules state no group, company or collective member involved in an entry is allowed to vote on their own entry. to be sure this is upheld we will manually check for such votes and delete them before the results are calculated.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i changed the hash category to only 1 st place cup for the winner, same with Rosin. only weed will get 1st 2nd and 3rd. this is because there us always a lot less hash entries then weed. so no more trophies for just entering hash lol. only the best of the best gets a trophy this year.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great news, all entries will be lab tested this year, so entrants will get the added perk of having lab test results for their entries.

mack 10

Veteran
Lab tested? for what, cannabinoids?
Its moulds and pesticides we need to worry about.

At least put a no eagle 20 clause in there.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Lab tested? for what, cannabinoids?
Its moulds and pesticides we need to worry about.

At least put a no eagle 20 clause in there.

STRAND is kindly sorting this out for us, i asked him what exactly the testing will entail, so we will soon know, but he did post about it in the testing thread where it sounded like it's a complete test we are talking about. but exactly how complete remains to be seen. but yes, it would be nice to know about any unsafe levels of heavy metals or pesticides and anti fungicides. i have heard that such tests are very expensive so yeah, not making any promises on the level of testing we are talking about, time will tell.

as for disqualification for traceable amounts of eagle 20 i guess if we get the results in time we could disqualify, but the problem is we didnt say this from the beginning, also do we act if there are dangerous levels or already if there are traceable levels inside legal limits? i always kind of assumed i will dislike weed which has chemicals in it and it won't burn well either, but yeah some shit is probably not noticeable without testing.

maybe if someone wins with a contaminated entry we smash their cup with a hammer right in front of them, lmao. :D

i think if the tests are that good, we should probably use the results, but how to decide what is ok and what not etc? this will complicate stuff for sure. do they get disqualified for traces of neem for eg? which stuff is allowed if anything and what not? needs to be written and added to the rules. what norms do we go on?

dabulousesp

How to enter?

How to enter?

I would like to enter is it possible to have the email address I need to contact? Thank you.

sourkush

Entries must be on site by April the 15th. late arrivals will be shared out as gifts and will not be entered in the cup. contact gaiusmarius by pm or by gaius@icmag.com, for our packing, coding and shipping instructions. if you can get your entries to Amsterdam yourself, please make sure they are there and ready by the 15th of April at the latest.

when applying for shipping etc instructions, please include; your ic nick, if not a member of ic, your company name, the strain name, category (breeder/grower) and whether it's Indica dominant or Sativa dominant? this info is needed to make the ballots.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
guys, i might have spoken too soon about the lab testing. still waiting to hear back from the lab guy. we will see what happens.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
update

update

the testing is still being discussed with the lab guy, i hope to know more soon. a q and a with the lab guys would surely also be interesting.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could be too late could be there in Time. As long as you wait as smaller is the chance to get your parcel there :)
first class recorded should get there quickly,,i would have felt before the 15th but National holidays in the uk this week and next but i dont know about France,,,,
best of luck,,,944s2

peloweed

event and result

event and result

Can we have more information about results date and cups évents.... Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english..... Big up organisator and forum members........